Conspiracy Theories

Tools    

NOT ACTUALLY BANNED
When I'm at work, I pass the downtime by scanning the internet for as many conspiracy theories that I can research as possible.

No matter how unlikely, I still find them fascinating.

Anyone else enjoy investigating them? Are there any theories you believe?

There's a couple I think are true.

Sometimes I think there are parts (Certainly not all of) the Dave Chappelle conspiracy to be true. I think he may have been strong armed, just not as severely as suggested.

I think the more shocking conspiracy theories are the ones we don't know anything about. I think if all were brought to light, we'd find that almost all the "popular" (or at least, oft-mentioned) theories were bunk, but we'd learn a few things that we never really expected.

So, I generally take the stance that conspiracies exist, but are probably small, close-knit affairs, and are not usually of remarkable significance to mankind. I don't think significant conspiracies are even plausible in this day and age. It's just too hard to hide information.

Well, I will say that I believe that Oswald didn't work alone.

How's that for a conspiracy theory?
I'd say you were probably correct.

I'd say that Kennedy announcing that he was going to pull troops from Vietnam at the conclusion of his tour got him killed. I believe "I am just a patsy" were words spoken in truth.

Certifiably troglodytic.
I don't think we should be too surprised to discover that nation-states, power-seeking/wielding factions and individuals have conspired against one another. History is replete with such examples.

Could some less palatable conspiratorial designs be floated as smoke screens to conceal what may be actually happening (or may have already happened)- like Al Gore being a shape-shifting reptilian- (for one way-out example)?

Additionally, the problem with the general populace and what could be connoted by the term "conspiracy theory" is partially the result of the inability of people to sustain inquiry long enough to arrive at a plausible-enough explanation that matches reality-- regardless of how damning the explanation or the reality may seem in light of one's prior perceptions.

fbi
I beleive kennedy was assasinated by or with the backing of the u.s government. I just cant buy into the fact that a lone nut like oswald was solely responsible.

The bay of pigs, cuba, vietnam and his vow to crackdown on organised crime made many enemies for kennedy.

I dont believe all the conspiracy theories but anyone who thinks that governments and high ranking officials around the world are angels and are incapable of the most atrocious crimes even against their own people are just plain naive.

Conspiracy Theory? OK, here's one. How come we, supposedly the most powerful nation on the planet can't find the supposedly biggest terrorist on the planet? Answer because The Bush administration doesn't want us too, it's bad for war business.

Well, I will say that I believe that Oswald didn't work alone.

How's that for a conspiracy theory?
I'd say you were probably correct.

I'd say that Kennedy announcing that he was going to pull troops from Vietnam at the conclusion of his tour got him killed. I believe "I am just a patsy" were words spoken in truth.

I don't think that Lee Harvey Oswald just woke up one day and decided to assassinate Kennedy on his own either... someone gave him a push.... I do, however, think that Jack Ruby just decided to take Oswald out on his own....

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

I don't think that Lee Harvey Oswald just woke up one day and decided to assassinate Kennedy on his own either... someone gave him a push.... I do, however, think that Jack Ruby just decided to take Oswald out on his own....
Very naive and somewhat contradictory. Either both Ruby and Oswald were part of the mix or they both acted alone, the latter being an impossibility.

Very naive and somewhat contradictory. Either both Ruby and Oswald were part of the mix or they both acted alone, the latter being an impossibility.

You think it impossible that Ruby just wanted his 15 minutes of fame?

I think it impossible for Ruby to gain access to Oswald without help.
What, he was just allowed to walk up and shoot as an oversight?

I think it impossible for Ruby to gain access to Oswald without help.
What, he was just allowed to walk up and shoot as an oversight?

It is possible.... out of curiosity, if you don't mind me asking, what did you do before you retired?

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I don't know what Jack Ruby's personal political views were, but calling another person's thoughts on the subject naive and contradictory doesn't make any sense to me... unless you have some verifiable info to back up your claims.

From what I have read, he could have been part of a conspiracy, could have acted on orders from some other group, or could have just been acting on his aggressive tendencies. There really is no way to know now.
I find someone reacting to another person killing a much loved president by trying to take revenge to be not only plausible, but very possible.

I don't know what Jack Ruby's personal political views were, but calling another person's thoughts on the subject naive and contradictory doesn't make any sense to me... unless you have some verifiable info to back up your claims.

From what I have read, he could have been part of a conspiracy, could have acted on orders from some other group, or could have just been acting on his aggressive tendencies. There really is no way to know now.
I find someone reacting to another person killing a much loved president by trying to take revenge to be not only plausible, but very possible.
I guess it was just a coincidence that Ruby knew the exact time and place to walk up to Oswald unhindered so that he can plug him.
Carefull how you use the word sense, it's so easily misused.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I guess it was just a coincidence that Ruby knew the exact time and place to walk up to Oswald unhindered so that he can plug him.
Carefull how you use the word sense, it's so easily misused.

OK... then DO you have any verifiable proof that your statement is any more possible than anyone else's that has been said in this thread? Otherwise, I'm sticking by my statement that saying someone else's thoughts are naive and contradictory don't make sense...

Ruby was well known by the Dallas police. He was often seen walking in the halls of the police station, so is it possible that he knew Oswald was being held there, and was waiting for his opportunity to kill him out of revenge, yes...

OK... then DO you have any verifiable proof that your statement is any more possible than anyone else's that has been said in this thread? Otherwise, I'm sticking by my statement that saying someone else's thoughts are naive and contradictory don't make sense...

Ruby was well known by the Dallas police. He was often seen walking in the halls of the police station, so is it possible that he knew Oswald was being held there, and was waiting for his opportunity to kill him out of revenge, yes...
Yeah, right. Ruby just knew what Dallas police station Oswald was held at so he just figured he'll spend the day hanging out at the corridor unchecked and shoot Oswald when he gets the chance.
Of course he did this because he was a great American patriot and he and his mob buddies just loved John and Bobby Kenedy and WERE REALLY SORRY TO SEE THEM GO. Hey, I shouldn't be here, I so obviously don't know what I'm talking about. I think I'll just mosey on back to the movie forum. Now, that's something I think I know .
Of course, there will always be someone with your sense that probably figures that i don't know anything. Good night dude and have fun debating subjects with others that have the same sense as you. As far as I'm conserned before you talk to me, you need to get a clue.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
First off, although we didn't live in a totally media active zone, everybody knew where Oswald was. All they had to do was follow the TV cars. Oswald was where everybody was. I saw Oswald get shot live, on TV, so even I knew where he was. The non-mediaish TV showed me, live. Yeah, it was a trip, but it was true. Did a seven-year-old think about what he was watching? No. My dad had control of our TV!

First off, although we didn't live in a totally media active zone, everybody knew where Oswald was. All they had to do was follow the TV cars. Oswald was where everybody was. I saw Oswald get shot live, on TV, so even I knew where he was. The non-mediaish TV showed me, live. Yeah, it was a trip, but it was true. Did a seven-year-old think about what he was watching? No. My dad had control of our TV!
You saw Oswald get shot copming out for a new's conference and how do you know it was live and not a tape? Prior to that, how was he transported and where was he held? Who was holding him at the time he got shot? Who allowed Ruby to come close enough to take his gun out and shoot?How many shots did Ruby fire and did anyone attempt to stop him? What did Ruby do after he finished shooting? What about the detectives around Oswald? How soon after Oswald did Ruby die and how did he die? How was Oswald tied in to Cuba? Who tried to help the CIA assassinate Castro? How was Ruby tied in to those people? Unless you have answers to those questions
(and they are a matter of public record, you just have to know where to look) I don't see the relevance of your comment.