Dredd

→ in
Tools    

http://www.totalfilm.com/news/karl-u...s-dredd-sequel

May as well use this thread.

A Dredd sequel was something hinted at, then the idea was dropped after I posted about it and about a possible TV series (6 posts above this one)...

Seems that the studios and Karl Urban have realised the fanbase that the film has garnered over the past 12 months or so.

Hopefully they've realised that going 3D with the original was the big thorn that caused the box office takings to never get off the ground and will at least have a 2D release for any sequel they make.

Please dont kill me I liked the stallone one better.
Dont forget they were two completely different scripts.So we shouldnt even be comparing them.
dred was nothing other than a "shoot em up"

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
I liked it. More violent, more adult and not forgiving at all. Exactly what a film like this should be.

Suspect's Reviews

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Just saw this last night. I liked it. Perfectly done pulp movie. Had the grittiness this type of film needs, lots of good slow-mo ultra-violence, as it was called for in this case. I thought Olivia Thirlby was a nice pick, and one of the best female villains (Lena Headey) I've seen in a long while. Simple, brutal and awesome.

Finished here. It's been fun.
Just saw this last night. I liked it. Perfectly done pulp movie. Had the grittiness this type of film needs, lots of good slow-mo ultra-violence, as it was called for in this case. I thought Olivia Thirlby was a nice pick, and one of the best female villains (Lena Headey) I've seen in a long while. Simple, brutal and awesome.
My exact same thoughts. Helluva entertaining popcorn flick. Very enjoyable.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I really liked Dredd, and I hope that the petition thing that they're doing actually somehow leads to a sequel.

I loved it, now made its way into my top 100... but then again so is the Stallone version. I grew up watching the Stallone version so maybe that's why it takes pride of place on my list. The new Dredd is more gritty and gory, great overall action sequences and a belting story. Definitely recommend this one!

Nice story, watched the movie couple of times already !

but the wind was stronger
realy enjoyed this one. Dredd's character is very well achieved, the action is fast and brutal, and here, unlike the Raid, with which this film has been compared, there is no super choreographed fights, it is all very simple, Dredd points the gun at the villains and blast them (reminds me a bit of Robocop). Anderson's character, a rookie who team up with Dredd, is also very good (in all senses), and just as well, since during the film she turns out to be the main figure. I liked the 3D, which here combines very well with the slo-mo scenes , and the flight of Ma-Ma also was spectacular.

Just sat and watched again for the umpteenth time.

Only just noticed that in the penultimate shot, Anderson is carrying a helmet.
Does that mean the helmeted Judge we see on a bike, buzzing down the road in the final shot, is Anderson?

It'd make sense if it was Dredd, as it's his movie.
But the whole movie throws expectations out the window... so it could well be that the movie ends on Anderson.

8 years and I've only just spotted it.