Stars you thought were dead that are still alive, or...

Tools    

I don't know why people are posting that about her, but she posted on her Twitter page a few hours ago.

Imagine going on Twitter & finding you’re dead.

I really thought Barbara Walters passed a few years ago.

RIP
Same. They’re dropping like flies now it seems.

So this is the "Jinx" thread?

Many from that last video surprised me... some of them I thought were long gone.
Several from that video: William Daniels, Gena Rowlands, Marion Ross, Gene Shalit, and Ronnie Schell...I keep thinking I'd heard they passed on. Kooky!

I had no idea one of the original Lois Lanes (from Superman and the Mole Men (1951) & The Adventures of Superman TV series) Phyllis Coates was still alive.

She's still my vote for one of the best live-action Loises ever!

Several from that video: William Daniels, Gena Rowlands, Marion Ross, Gene Shalit, and Ronnie Schell...I keep thinking I'd heard they passed on. Kooky!
Gene Shalit... seriously! I really thought he died maybe sometime in the 1990's (probably the last decade I saw him in)!

Shecky Greene? This is a name I've heard all my life since my earliest memories (his name itself has become a staple for jokes in the stand-up comedy world... and that was a few eras ago!)... I figured he died sometime in the 1970's (had NO IDEA he was still alive today).

I was surprised Willie Mays is still with us! Say hey?

And Berry Gordy? (I though he probably died long before Michael Jackson).

Peter Marshall, Mitzi Gaynor, Glynis Johns (lovely woman!), I thought these & several others were long gone.

Well, haven't visited this thread in a long while, and a post by @Gideon58 in "Actors With Great Faces" thread lead me here. Gideon posted a pic of actor Terry Kiser, who I thought was great and whom I also thought was dead! Nope, still putting out the work. Good for him! Here he is and check out @gideon's latest post in the above-mentioned thread.

Gene Shalit... seriously! I really thought he died maybe sometime in the 1990's (probably the last decade I saw him in)!

Shecky Greene? This is a name I've heard all my life since my earliest memories (his name itself has become a staple for jokes in the stand-up comedy world... and that was a few eras ago!)... I figured he died sometime in the 1970's (had NO IDEA he was still alive today).

I was surprised Willie Mays is still with us! Say hey?

And Berry Gordy? (I though he probably died long before Michael Jackson).

Peter Marshall, Mitzi Gaynor, Glynis Johns (lovely woman!), I thought these & several others were long gone.
It often amazes me when I come across British obituaries & someone who was an entertainer when I was a child has just this minute died & I had assumed they were long gone.

I'm old enough now that the people I thought were dead actually are dead. We need a word for this sort of "un-surprise."

Steve Wozniak, the co-founder of Apple, well he may not be a star in the traditional sense but he's certainly a big name because of the reach that Apple has had on the world of communtication at large. I even saw him do "The Worm" on Dancing With the Stars (yes, I used to watch that show---I mean, have you seen some of the female dancers??? Ahem, anyway, this is he, still alive, despite what I thought:

Monte Markham is still alive, and I was sure I'd heard he'd passed on. For those who haven't heard of him, he was all over television in the 70s and 80s especially, but has never stopped working.