The Movie Forums Top 100 Comedies Countdown

→ in
Tools    

I'm pretty sure that I saw Big Trouble in Little China many years ago, (because Hubby has the DVD), but I don't remember anything about it. I didn't even remember that it was a comedy.

I watched Napoleon Dynamite for this countdown because I found the DVD at a garage sale after the countdown was announced, and based on what I've heard or read about it, I expected it to make the countdown. I don't really understand all the hype about this movie. I thought it was just an average movie. The only character that I liked was his cousin's girlfriend. The rest of them were either dull or annoying.

I'm pretty sure that I saw Big Trouble in Little China many years ago, (because Hubby has the DVD), but I don't remember anything about it. I didn't even remember that it was a comedy.

Fwiw, if you've seen Guardians of the Galaxy, Chris Pratt is basically trying to ape Kurt Russell from this movie.
Kurt Russell, for his part, is doing a parody-impression of John Wayne in the movie. John Wayne seemed to have daddy-issues with John Ford. Kurt Russell plays Chris Pratt's father in Guardians of the Galaxy 2.

*continues scribbling strange diagrams on the chalkboard*

Okay, let's see:

Best in Show is a very funny movie and I've been to enough dog shows (and just for fun!) to get a kick out of what Christopher Guest was lampooning. Glad to see it here.

Snatch Have yet to see it but will definitely soon...thanks to @John Dumbear for letting me know it's currently on Netlfix!

Big Trouble in Little China is one of my favorite movies of all-time, but I didn't consider it for this list. I mean, it's got comedy, Kung-Fu, monsters, beautiful ladies, raw fish, you name it! Since it's got everything, I didn't isolate the comedy for this list although I laugh at it more than anything, so...I missed out! D'oh! And I know there are several from my list that just won't make it so I should have included BTiLC but what can ya do?

Napolean Dynamite is a movie I really enjoy but I didn't consider it for my list. Thanks to @PHOENIX74 for mentioning Gentlemen Broncos! If anyone does like Napolean Dynamite then Gentlemen Broncos is definitely right up that alley. I really loved that movie and then forgot all about it for this list! Just like Used Cars that a few people have mentioned---how could I forget about frickin' Used Cars??? Gahhh!

Still:
#8 Stripes which is #90 on THE list.

Professional horse shoe straightener
Big Trouble... is a nice fun campy delight, if you don't mind the OTT chaotic madness.

I thought @honeykid was the only United fan here.
I'm no United fan, can't stand them, but I do respect his achievements.