Random Acts Of Kindness Towards Sick/Injured Animals.

Tools    

Dodgy internet connection?
No. I meant some of the images are unpleasant. One shot is of animals in testing labs. Don’t want to see that kind of thing since I can never dislodge it from my memory.

I can't post the link from this device, but there's a viral video -please see YouTube- of a man in California saving a wild rabbit from the wildfires. Amazing.

How sad & frightened these dogs are. So glad a better life is on the way for them.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...onditions.html
Some masochistic part of me wishes I were on the medical staff treating them. Hopefully most of them are physically and behaviorally fit to be adopted.

It seems a little unusual to see this with dogs. It doesn't seem to be a puppy mill as such, and most hoarding cases like this seem to involve cats, for some reason.

I'm surprised there weren't a lot more dead mothers and puppies (or I wonder where the bodies are buried). You know they weren't getting a proper growth diet, so all I can envision is epidemic eclampsia.

[quote=Stirchley;1835627]
[/QUOTE

Thanks for posting the video, Stirchley.

It seems a little unusual to see this with dogs. It doesn't seem to be a puppy mill as such, and most hoarding cases like this seem to involve cats, for some reason.
True. Probably because female cats can have a litter at 4 months & can have at least 2 litters annually. People start feeding a few cats & suddenly there’s a colony.

Feel depressed. Study window was open & I could hear a crying cat next door, which was drinking water out of our outdoor cats’ bowl. Seemed very agitated. Never seen it before & seemed v. young. Looked out of the study window & it was trying to follow a couple down the street. They had no interest in it. So I went outside to take a closer look at it, but in those few seconds it had disappeared.

Feel really bad now as it seemed rather impulsive & liable to run into traffic. It seemed very lost & thinking someone has dumped it.

Try not to worry, cats have a way of fending for themselves and we can hope this one will- after all it found your water bowl, so it knows a safe place to go. Maybe leave some food out, if you haven' t done so already, and let's hope this cat comes back

@Yoda, @lenslady, Well, I got him & he is on his way to board at a vet center until room opens up at the shelter. At the vet center he will be neutered & given all the medical care he needs. (Everything will be paid for by me.) I found him yesterday & brought him to our backyard & he never left. Extremely intelligent & friendly. Very very hungry & very dirty. Got him easily into the pet carrier. If it turns out he is special needs in any way, he possibly will be returned to our backyard for me to take care of him. I don’t think I want him in a shelter if he has special needs as it will be hard to get him adopted. He loved it in our backyard & settled in very nicely.

So glad I accomplished this, but feel sad that the little guy has gone.

@Yoda, Not sure if he ever had a home. What’s amazing to me is how trusting & intelligent he is. Found him across the street & indicated to him that we weren’t crossing until the cars went by. He stayed by my side. Then we crossed the street & entered my backyard. Most cats will not follow you onto an unknown property. He had even found his own sleeping spot in the yard overnight. I left the carrier outside & when I came back out to put him in it he was already inside looking out. Feel really good about what I did for an innocent animal.

Nice to hear this good end to what was first a harrowing story. Sounds like a very lovable cat. I'm sure he'll find a good home. Glad he 'found you' - and if you hear more about him, keep us posted.

Nice to hear this good end to what was first a harrowing story. Sounds like a very lovable cat. I'm sure he'll find a good home. Glad he 'found you' - and if you hear more about him, keep us posted.
My little man left the vet boarding yesterday & is now in the shelter after 2 weeks. Now he can socialize with the other kitties & the volunteers. He will go up for adoption every Saturday or stay in the shelter forever if nobody adopts him. He is 100% healthy, which is a great relief.

The bill is $400+, but it is worth it to have saved him from dangerous streets.

http://www.kittenlady.org/bottlefeeding/

I’m always studying everything on the Kitten Lady’s website. Biggest fear has always been that I will find an orphaned kitten & not know how to save it with feeding, etc. I feel confident now that I can do this & I will buy everything needed & keep it handy just in case. Always wanted to bottlefeed a tiny kitten like this little guy.

Oooooooooooooooooohhhh. ......cuter than.......cuter than...... hey there s nothing cuter than a handful of kitten.(MELT&#128151

I am glad to hear your little man is in a good shelter through your generous help. I would think he'd be adopted pretty soon- he sounds VERY engaging, smart and lovable. Good work, stirchley.

Ps I don't know why I got those numbers, I was trying to post 'hearts'

I am glad to hear your little man is in a good shelter through your generous help. I would think he'd be adopted pretty soon- he sounds VERY engaging, smart and lovable. Good work, stirchley.
My little man (who they named Brody) was adopted on Saturday right out of the gate.