Tiger King : Murder, Mayhem and Madness (Netflix)

Tools    

Yeah. Not sure if there's too much to be done since the alternative is something fully server-side, which means probably writing something myself, but we'll see.

“Sugar is the most important thing in my life…”
Scottish slang, sorry. Could've used numpties instead, I guess, lol.

What channel is darts on ?

It's official: Netflix is bringing 'Tiger King' back for one more episode:

The streaming giant announced Thursday that it would release an eighth episode of the show, titled "The Tiger King and I," on April 12.

... "I talk to a lot of people involved in the project," McHale says in the video. "To see what's happened in their lives since the release of the series. It's eye-opening and, hopefully, funny."
Love McHale, too, so win-win.

Also, this is neat: last year my wife and I went to a wedding in Denver and visited a wildlife sanctuary. She was reading about the show and it sounds like some of the tigers from this show were sent there! So I guess we probably saw some of them, before we knew any of this.

⬆️ Was it a nice sanctuary?

Yes. Very, very large. Which obviously meant we didn't get lots of great looks, but the animals seemed to be in good hands. And sometimes they still got pretty close (especially one of the bears, which started sprinting to the edge of the enclosure when it saw a truck driving down the road, because it assumed it was bringing food).

Here's the site: https://www.wildanimalsanctuary.org/

Big, high red walkways over the enclosures. Really huge/spread out.

⬆️ I wanted to see if it Is one of the places I financially support, but it’s not. We do get a yearly calendar from them though. The walkways are awesome.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyy to long! Use an editor and stop covering the same ground over and over!

Account terminated on request
Yes. Very, very large. Which obviously meant we didn't get lots of great looks, but the animals seemed to be in good hands. And sometimes they still got pretty close (especially one of the bears, which started sprinting to the edge of the enclosure when it saw a truck driving down the road, because it assumed it was bringing food).

Here's the site: https://www.wildanimalsanctuary.org/

Big, high red walkways over the enclosures. Really huge/spread out.
⬆️ I wanted to see if it Is one of the places I financially support, but it’s not. We do get a yearly calendar from them though. The walkways are awesome.
Holy crap. That's amazing---> https://www.wildanimalsanctuary.org/pictures-videos

The Audubon in New Orleans had an interesting approach. The place was nice enough, but like all animal layouts, needed to be 10x the size.

They dug canals around some of the animals and brought the water level to ground height. In the middle of the canal was a heavy fence to went to the water surface. So you're basically at eye level with an animal. The problem with this approach is that it obviously doesn't work for things like, oh, Tigers. The daily feeding would be the tourists.
They'll say "I don't care if he's a poet or cowboy, so long as he's a nice guy. But oh, I'm so attracted to that bad guy over there."
Understand this last part, and you'll get them all.

I've long advocated that since India and the countries in Africa seem to completely lack the ability to save their own animals, that Americans should step up and maintain a very large conservation somewhere with flexible enough climate to meet the animal needs. Mostly absurdly warm most of the time.

If a presidential candidate advocated a $100B a year refuge someplace, I'd likely vote for him, so long as he wasn't completely bonkers.

If a presidential candidate advocated a $100B a year refuge someplace, I'd likely vote for him, so long as he wasn't completely bonkers.

Ummm, isn't that in itself "completely bonkers" ? 🤔

I'm a bleeding heart for animals, but I can't put money for animals in front of people.

Ummm, isn't that in itself "completely bonkers" ? 🤔

Nope.

I'm a bleeding heart for animals, but I can't put money for animals in front of people.

Depends.

If you keep all funding to just feeding people, there will always be at least some still hungry. The law of diminishing returns means that your efficacy at this becomes less and less over time and getting to them all becomes harder and harder.

I suspect that this would lead to no spending on anything because it would be putting money on something in front of people.

Or put another way, what amount of federal spending is so low that it no longer is putting animals in front of people? $1B, $1M, $1? Isn't any amount then "in front"?

I can see your side. It's a philosophical debate I'm not equipped for. I just think the status quo believes "save 1 human life at the cost of X animals". I don't see anyone who gets taken serious putting animal life in front of humans. Not right or wrong, I think it's just reality.

So... You guys hear Kirkham's story about the horse trailer?

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
So... You guys hear Kirkham's story about the horse trailer?
Yes, just watched the follow up episode with Joel McHale. Not surprising, wasn't shocked.

LOL. What teeth? And why did that toothless “husband” never put on a shirt during interviews. I was gagging just watching him.

And I couldn’t watch the very butch “Saff” trying desperately to act like a man.

I might dump it prematurely out of boredom ...
Bailed out post-episode 4. Same stuff over & over again. Never seen such a bunch of unsavory individuals. Doc Antle or whatever his name is was the most egotistical jerk I have ever heard in my life. What a tool.

Watched this with the wife over the weekend. Good, but not great. Disliked pretty much everyone involved.
Ditto me.

None of my charity money goes to humans. Only animals.

The husband said he was shirtless because he wanted to show off his tattoos. He’s also gotten dentures.

Saff is trans. He was misgendered on the show.

How's that old jingle go..."show em' what you can do!"

Forgot to mention: Baskin totally reminds me of Kathleen Turner in Body Heat. Especially the same husky voice.