Your Top Five Trilogies/Quadrilogies or other Ilogies!

Tools    

Originally Posted by Sedai
?!?!?!?!?!

Really? My favorite of the three, with Rouge in second. Blue was magnificent, and the score was incredible.....
Honestly White was my favorite, i know its different from the other two, different tone, and less visual, but i just like it more. Red, (or Rouge, i guess,) almost ties with blue. Actually im going to go ahead and change my mind right here and say Red and White are tied in my book. But Blue? Blah. Didnt like it. Too friggin depressing. Blue did have a good score though, i'll give you that. And it did have Juliette Binoche...i'll award a few points there.

Wanna Date? Got Any Money?
Evil Dead
Dead Trilogy
Scream (cheesy but I luff it!)
Jersey Trilogy

And I can't think of a fifth one...

1. Back to the Future Trilogy - a great adventure/comedy series. I love all three of them. Back to the Future Part II is the highlight.
  2. Die Hard Trilogy - Each of the three are awesome. The first one is the highlight of the series but the second and third are almost as good.
  3. Lethal Weapon Quadrilogy - Mel Gibson and Danny Glover are a great on-screen team. And with each movie they add even stars like Joe Pesci, Rene Russo, Chris Rock and Jet Li. To be honest I found Lethal Weapon 4 to be the best but I'm in the minority.
  4. Star Wars Original Trilogy - Great movies. Highlight is the Empire Strikes Back with Return of the Jedi not far behind.
  5. The Terminator Trilogy - I loved all three of them but the second was definitely the best.

Honorable Mention
Beverly Hills Cop Trilogy - a very underrated Trilogy. Everyone loved the first one, many viewed the second as a disappointment and almost everyone hates the third one. I love them all. Axel Foley is awesome!
Lord of the Rings Trilogy - Great movies. The Extended versions are even better. I enjoyed the Fellowship the most because that was when the whole cast was completely together.
Indiana Jones Trilogy - I'm not as big of an Indiana Jones fan as most but I still love these movies. I really can't pick a favorite out of the three.
Alien Quadrilogy - I really enjoyed the first two but I really didn't care much for Alien 3 but Alien: Resurrection was ok but nothing special.
American Pie Trilogy - great comedies that don't seem to be too popular around here. I though the second was the best.
Austin Powers Trilogy - Second was the best. It seemed the third one was very unoriginal and recycled jokes from the first two but a good trilogy nonetheless.
Rambo Trilogy - First Blood was an great movie. Rambo II was ok but I really liked the third one regardless of what most people think.
Crocodile Dundee Trilogy - some of you might be surprised to see this here but the first two were movies I loved as a kid, while the third actually wasn't too bad. Most people never gave it a chance.
Jurassic Park Trilogy - I loved the first one as everyone did. I even really liked the second one which most people did not like. The third was solid but unnecessary.
Rocky series (Quintilogy? haha) - I actually like all 5 but the first is clearly the best with each movie getting a little worse from that point on.
Batman Quadrilogy - the first two were great, while the last two were kind of lame but not as terrible as a lot of people think.
Superman Quadrilogy - the first two are kind of classics. Like the Batman movies, the last two were pretty bad.
The Naked Gun Trilogy - love these movies. I'm in the minority but I actually like 2 1/2 and 33 1/3 the best of the three.
Star Wars Prequel Trilogy - nowhere near as good as the original trilogy but still kind of underrated I think. I really enjoyed Episode 3.
Matrix Trilogy - I really liked the first one but not as much as most people. I loved the action in Reloaded but was still disappointed. Revolutions was just pure garbage. It was terrible.
Evil Dead Trilogy - the first two were great. For years I had seen Army of Darkness not knowing it was the third part of a trilogy and I liked the movie. Evil Dead 1 and 2 were even better.
Romero's Dead Trilogy - I have only seen Night and Dawn but I play to see Day before Land of the Dead comes out next month.
RoboCop Trilogy - first movie was pretty good. The second was somewhat entertaining although lame. The third was just a joke.
Karate Kid Quadrilogy - nothing spectacular but 80's classics.
Major League Trilogy - probably a surprise to most but I loved the first two when I was younger. The third was kind of stupid but oh well.

Bad Morther****er
Originally Posted by Zeiken
It can..........and did......
I wouldn't go that far my friend. It was a hell of a lot better, but it wasn't that damn good. The acting wasn't very good. With the dialog they had to speak, how could it have been. In fact the movie wasn't that good at all. The only saving graces of the film were that there are more fights which is great to watch and the last half hour was cool, but it was not, by any strech, a great film. It cretaintly wasn't so good that it made up for the $15 I pluncked down for Episodes 1 and 2.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Urban Cowboy
I wouldn't go that far my friend. It was a hell of a lot better, but it wasn't that damn good. The acting wasn't very good. With the dialog they had to speak, how could it have been. In fact the movie wasn't that good at all. The only saving graces of the film were that there are more fights which is great to watch and the last half hour was cool, but it was not, by any strech, a great film. It cretaintly wasn't so good that it made up for the $15 I pluncked down for Episodes 1 and 2.
Well, I guess it just didn't work for some folks, but to each his own. It did work for me, and I am usually pretty picky. Not a fan of either episode I or II, I was whisked back into the world I loved so dearly in the 70s as a small boy by episode III. All the Star Wars films have questionable dialogue in places, and I felt this film managed to keep it to a minimum, and really, felt the romance was the only clunky aspect, and those scenes were quite short. The rest of the film made up for it in sheer creativity, storytelling and adventure. The opening scene was fantastic, the final inter-cut finale was well staged and exciting, and the plot developments in between were clear and interesting, save one or two small missteps. Overall, I thought the story was engaging and was presented with conviction and clarity of design.

Also, Hayden showed marked improvement, and while his performance was far from oscar-winning, the young actor expanded the character wonderfully. Given far more to chew on this time around, and paired up with the fantastic McDiarmid for a majority of his screen time, I thought Hayden gave us the Anakin Skywalker we had been waiting to see. The troubled young Jedi, whose life teachings were based around control, torn by consequences not under his control. Making decisions based on passion, when he possessed knowledge (clearly not wisdom) to the contrary.

The shades of grey this film added to the whole Star Wars universe were exactly what the person that isn't the small boy in the 70s, the person I am now, had desired for the Star Wars mythos. It caused me to stop and unlearn what I had learned, while still perserving that boyish sense of adventure, that Star Wars rush. It solidified political ideas that were hinted at in the original trilogy, expanded on the familiar characters in interesting ways, and added many levels of depth to the philosophies of the Jedi and the Sith.

The film, for me, also delivered on an emotional level like only Empire had before. I have seen some folks comment about how Vader was minimized for them after seeing this film. I feel exactly the opposite. This third film has made Vader just such an interesting character to me now. I love to contemplate what he is thinking while watching the old films, and his relationship with characters like Luke and The Emperor have so many more levels now. More to chew on I guess....

Anyway, i'm half way through Lone Wolf and Cub series, they're pretty damn good, whack em on the list.

And Street Fighter, lol, Sonny Chiba with those bangin' 'brows and the more than funky theme tune.

And this is my BOOMstick!
Evil Dead Trilogy
LOTR
Alien
Terminator
Times of the day of the dead trilogy

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
5. Superman (Superman: The Movie, Superman II, Superman Returns)

4. Terminator (The Terminator, Terminator 2:Judgement Day, Terminator 3: Rise Of The Machines)

3. Star Wars (The Phantom Menace, Attack Of The Clones, Revenge Of The Sith) (A New Hope, The Empire Strikes Back, Return Of The Jedi)

2. Lord Of The Rings (The Fellowship Of The Ring, The Two Towers, The Return Of The King)

1. Toy Story (Toy Story, Toy Story 2, Toy Story 3)

The films in bold are my favourite entries in that particular trilogy. The only trilogy where I haven't put an entry in bold is Toy Story, which has consistently brilliant.

Godfather... hands down.

then there's the "others"
- LOTR
- Starwars
- Toy Story

I dig all the Nightmare on Elm Streets. and the Star Treks. The Lethal Weapons. The Mummy movies. And the Tomie series. The Hellraisers even though most were pretty crappy, I still love the idea, the box and the cenobites..

Uh, and Harry Potter's pretty good. James Bond. The Die Hards. The Jurassic Park movies. The Blade vampire movies. The Underworld trilogy. Yeah. The Dirty Harry movies were cool, from what I remember. Ought to watch some again.

The Hannibal movies, of course. The Saw movies, still haven't seen the last two yet. Romero's zombie movies...

Feel like I'm forgetting something.

I also like pretty much all the picks all you guys made too, I'm just tryin to be an individual here.

Oh yeah, the Evil Dead.
#31 on SC's Top 100 Mofos list!!

We've gone on holiday by mistake
I think to qualify ALL the films in the trilogy or series should be great/good.

1. The Bourne Trilogy. I have all 3 films 10/10 so I score this trilogy a perfect 30 points. Can't believe no one put this yet.

2. Original Star Wars trilogy. 9/10 Star Wars 10/10 Empire and 9/10 Jedi
so 28 points.

3. LOTR. Fellowship 10/10. Two Towers 10/10. ROTK 7/10. 27 points.

4. Godfather. Part 1 10/10 Part 2 10/10 Part 3 7/10. 27 Points.

5. Indiana Jones. Part 1. 10/10. Part 2 8/10. Part 3. 8/10. 26 points.

Other notables.

Nolans Batman. Begins 10/10. Dark Knight 10/10. Dark Knight Rises I just know ill be a 10/10 so come next year you can bet that this trilogy goes straight to the top of most of these lists. 30 points

Clint Eastwoods Man with No Name films. Can't remember how many their are but they are probably all 9/10 at least.

Jack Ryan Trilogy. Hunt for Red October 10/10. Patriot Games 8/10. Clear and Present Danger 8/10. 26 points

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Stieg Larsson Trilogy
Evil Dead
LOTR
Aliens
Death Note
The Terminator
Oldboy, Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance, Lady Vengeance, I guess you would consider that a trilogy
George Romero, everything except Survival of the Dead

The Bourne films weren't out when the thread was started

My top 3 probably still stand the same and are one's i've watched most consistently over the years-

-Evil Dead
Godfather

Romero's Trilogy of the Dead
Indiana Jones
Star Wars

I want to add LoTR but the sheer length of them makes it rare I find time to indulge in them. Bourne and Toy Story definitely stand heads high as few examples of each entry improving on the last, very impressive. Alien had an exceptional start but need to rewatch Fincher effort again. Chan Wook's 'Vengeance' Trilogy should be high up, Oldboy being personal favourite but the other two haven't stood up as well for me. Leone's Dollars trilogy is another shout but the first two a pretty heavily style over content which holds them down, despite their brilliance. Terminator, don't think the follow ups on the first two can allow it to be classed as 'all-time' great, same for Matrix. Got the 'Three Colours' on DVD but yet to watch. Die Hard should be high up but the others are all slightly more seminal.

1 Toy Story
2 Human Condition
3 Godfather
4 Alien
5 Apu Trilogy

The first two and the fifth are superb all the way through. Godfather III is, of course, Godfather III. Each Alien is about half as good as the one before.

Matrix...........

5. Indiana Jones Quadrilogy (yes, I include Kingdom of the Crystal Skull)

4. Toy Story Trilogy

3. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (likely to expand and include The Hobbit films in a few years)

2. Star Wars Saga (yep, all 6)

1. Frank Capra's "Common Man" Quadrilogy - This is not an official series. Frequently Capra's films Mr. Deeds Goes to Town, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington and Meet John Doe are referred to as his "Common Man" trilogy, as they deal with similar characters and themes. I prefer to take it one farther and include It's a Wonderful Life. All are wonderful films dealing with real people surviving in an often corrupt world and trying to make things just a little bit better. Official or not, it is still my favorite series of pictures.

1- The Vengeance Trilogy
2- Three Colors Trilogy
3- The Godfather Trilogy
4- The Matrix Trilogy
5- Alien Trilogy

Keep on Rockin in the Free World
the Best have already been documented, so consider the following faves

X-men (best- x2
007 James Bond (best from russia with love)
Lethal Weapon ( first one)
Mad Max ( the Road Warrior)

(Random order)

The Matrix Trilogy

The Blade Trilogy

The Godfather Trilogy

Back to the Future Trilogy

The Lord of the Rings Trilogy

Other:
Pirates of the Caribbean 1-3
The Spider-Man Trilogy