Your Top Five Trilogies/Quadrilogies or other Ilogies!

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Whats your top five trilogies (or any other collection of films over 3 sequels long....you know what i mean) and why? Mine would have to be:-

5. Naked Gun - Every single time i watch these i laugh. No matter what mood im in, they always make me chuckle. Especially the 1st one, a classic.

4. Alien - The first and second films are classics in their own right, although the 3rd and especially the fourth are seen as being a bit *****, i really enjoy watching them still, especially the 4th. This does NOT include AvP

3. Matrix - Although this trilogy recieved a lots of stick on the release of the last two films, it really didnt dissapoint me. It DID suprise me, but i wasnt dissapointed. The final fight between Agent Smith and Neo still gives me gooseybumps.

2. Indiana Jones - Simply classic. I grew up with these films and know them inside out but i still love them. Perfect Sunday afternoon viewing...every Sunday.

1. Back to the Future - For most reasons See Above, but the reason this is Number One is the humour and the fun. These are such fun films with excellant characters. I couldnt choose my favourite one...

I know ive missed out the LOTR trilogy and the Star Wars trilogy but i just enjoy these films more. I didnt grow up with Star Wars so its never been in my top favourite films. And i have never read or knew much about the LOTR trilogy before they were translated to The Big Screen so they never were in my life much in the first place. Theres probably other trilogies ive forgotten about so my list may need some tweeking in time.

Whats yours?

I'm tempted to choose to say the best in place of ones i choose personally. Hmmmmm. Well, heres what i think are the BEST.

Godfather
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Alien

My personal favourites will be different i think. For one, it will include Evil Dead. Post when i remember them

Lets put a smile on that block
Yes The BEST will always be different from your own personal favourite selection. I think what youve listed as The Best is pretty spot on.

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Of course LOTR, for me. I can't wait for the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe and I'm hoping it will be made into more than one movie. Hopefully they'll do some of the other books as separate movies.
As far as the Matrix...bah! That trilogy had so much potential and it just sucked. The first movie was so swell and then the second was...eh...okay. The third movie just stunk up the place! I hated it!
Indiana Jones kicks ass. I love those films.
Back to the Future is the same thing as The Matrix. The first one set the standard so high, the others fall way short.

Evil Dead trilogy
<highlight- 'Evil Dead 2: Dead By Dawn'>

George A Romero's Trilogy of the Dead
<highlight- 'Night of the Living Dead'

and i think i'll have to add
Star Wars
<highlight- 'Star Wars IV: The Empire Strikes Back'>

Lord of the Rings: Extended Editions
<highlight- awaiting 'ROTK EE'>

Alien
<highlight- 'Aliens'>

Indiana Jones
<highlight- 'Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade'>

Does the Bond series count?
<highlight- 'Spy Who Loved Me'>

Not too good at refining lists, always have too many...oh well
Im sure im forgetting several
Others include: The Spaghetti Western Trilogy (Segio Leone)
although im not sure if they were strictly sequels/trilogy

A system of cells interlinked
Star Wars

Lord of the Rings

Alien

Indiana Jones

The Matrix

My favs, not the best...

Bad Morther****er
The Best...

The Godfather
Indiana Jones
Lord of the Rings
Star Wars (Episods 4,5,6)
Three Colors(Krzysztof Kieslowski)

The Worst
1. The Matrix - One good movie, one sub-par movie, and one God awful piece of hippo s**t
2. Star Wars(Episods 1,2,3) - Of course I haven't seen 3 yet, but can it possibly make up for the first two?
3. Rocky - The first two were great. as for the last three (and I suspect four) refer to my comments on Matrix Reloaded
4. Police Academy - I would like to think somebody is still being beaten for releasing this plague on an unsuspecting society.
Justice will be served/ And the battle will rage/ This big dog will fight/ When you rattle his cage/ And you’ll be sorry that you messed with the U.S. of A./ Cause we`ll put a boot in your ass/ It`s the American way.
Courtesy Of The Red, White & Blue - Toby Keith

1) star wars trilogy
(best: return of the jedi)

2) the godfather trilogy
(best: godfather)

3) Romero'ss Dead trilogy
(Best: Dawn of the Dead)

4) Indiana jones trilogy
(best: Indiana jones raiders of the lost ark)

5) evil dead trilogy
(best: evil dead)

The five I watch the most...

Lord of the Rings
Star Wars
Back to the Future
Godfather
Alien

but I also like...

Indiana Jones
Matrix
Mad Max

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

Official Sacrifice to Holden Pike
Originally Posted by Caitlyn
Mad Max [/i]
Forgot that one. Good stuff. Mel rocks!

Fasten your seat belts...
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
I'm tempted to choose to say the best in place of ones i choose personally. Hmmmmm. Well, heres what i think are the BEST.

Godfather
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Alien

My personal favourites will be different i think. For one, it will include Evil Dead. Post when i remember them
Ditto!

(Just remembered)
I really liked Desperado, and El Maraichi and Once Upon a Time in Mexico were alright....
it comes to close to top 5

LOTR Trilogy
Back to the Future Trilogy
Indiana Jones Trilogy
Alien Quadrilogy
Star Wars Trilogy

Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp

Godfather
Indiana Jones
Star Wars
Lord of the Rings
Alien

You can't go wrong with that top 5!!

1. Star Wars
2. Matrix
3. Back to the Future
4. Terminator
5. Spiderman

1.) Star Wars Saga
2.) Indiana Jones
3.) Back to the Future
4.) Lord of The Rings

My top 4 are just trilogies that i can watch over and over, trilogies that are just plain fun. Tied for 5th place however are my more artistic choices:

Apu Trilogy, (Saytajit Ray, India)
Three Colors (except for Blue. Yuk!)
'Redemption' trilogy, Fellini

A system of cells interlinked
Originally Posted by Zeiken
Three Colors (except for Blue. Yuk!)
?!?!?!?!?!

Really? My favorite of the three, with Rouge in second. Blue was magnificent, and the score was incredible.....

• The Indiana Jones Trilogy (Spielberg - 1981, 1984, 1989)
  • The Alien Quadrilogy (Scott, Cameron, Fincher & Jeunet - 1979, 1986, 1992, 1997)
  • The Back to the Future Trilogy (Zemeckis - 1985, 1989, 1990)
  • The Dollars Trilogy (Leone - 1964, 1965, 1966)
  • The Godfather Trilogy (Coppola - 1972, 1974, 1990)