When was the last time you truly loved a movie?

Tools    

In Soviet America, you sue MPAA!
A friend of mine can't recall the last time he truly loved a movie he saw in a theater. When was the last time you were just absolutely captivated by a movie? Where the movie sucked in reality and the only things that existed during that moment in time were you and the movie.

There are plenty of movies that I enjoy and often see more than once in theaters, but it is kind of a struggle to think about the last time I absolutely loved one.

The last movie I can think of that sucked me in, beat me up, and spit me back out wanting more was Oldboy. I didn't want that movie to end, even though it ended perfectly. I was just so completely consumed by it that it felt like it was the only movie ever made and the last movie I'd ever see. I couldn't get enough of it.

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell Abbott 66-04
Kill Bill. It got me into actually liking movies.

Dogville and Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind were the last two. But there will be more this year. 'Tis the season.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Donnie Brasco

Saw it like a week ago...and I just love this movie. Al Pacino did good, but Depp, once again, stole another one.

last time i really said " wow!" was yesterday when i watched "plan 9 from outer space"
by the way ppl described it to me..they said it was the wooorst movie, really badly made..well no way!! its one of my favourite movie now.just differently good.
its like a blooper reel mixed with the real movie.

kill bill was pretty nice

but the most entertaining movie,that i got on dvd lately was Muppet treasure island

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Lost in Translation in the theater. At home watching on TV (which is where I see 99.999 percent of the films I see) it was last night with Pennies From Heaven and then again this afternoon with The Last Detail. While I liked the style and look, soaking it all in, of Pennies, The Last Detail had more of an emotional impact on me and the relationship between Nicholson's Buddusky and Otis Young's Mulhall as the two Navy "lifers" showing Meadows (Randy Quaid) the time of his life before he's sent to jail for eight years is touching. How they risk their careers by showing the kid a good time because he's never done anything before (drinking, sex, fighting, ect.) and is now going to get sent up the river on a BS charge so he'd never get the chance before he's done in by the grunts (Marines). Nicholson wants to bring him out of his shell before it's too late much to Young's disapproval but eventially he comes around and sees it as a good thing. More than likely the Nicholson character felt sorry for Meadow's tragic position and situation because he identified with the character and was probably reminded of himself when he was younger.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Shall We Dance?

So many good movies, so little time.
I saw for the first time

Metropolis (last night)
Wild Strawberries (Friday)
La Dolce Vita (Monday)

3 great movies.

"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others."- Groucho Marx

I am having a nervous breakdance
I actually watch most movies at home, but I guess the last time I went to a theater and felt that magic feeling and time just flew was when I saw Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring.

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

Extra Mild
Lost in Translation
Garden State
Magnolia

I love these 3 films.

I See You When You're Sleeping
It's a toss up between Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind and Before Sunset.

The last film i fell in love with was The Third Man (it deserves Italics). Awesome, beautiful filmmaking in place throughout it. Also the last two films that i loved were American History X and Platoon, the only two films that have made me cry.

I fell in love with Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, I was smiling from beginning to end. We need more movies that are this fun the entire time. Its like Star Wars and Indiana Jones had a baby, and it was just as magical.

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

Lost in Translation

The last time I saw a movie in theaters and genuinely loved it was when I went and saw Harry Potter and thePrisoner of Azkaban two times in a row. Last time I saw a movie at home and loved it was last Friday when I re-watched Life is BeautifuL, teh first time I saw it I wasn't too hot about it, but last Friday it was magnifico.
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

My life isn't written very well.
Last movie I really, really enjoyed in a theater was Shaun of the Dead. Before that, Moulin Rouge.

r66-The member who always asks WHY?

Don't tell Robin I'm here!!
I love a lot of movies, but the last new movie that I saw and loved would probably have to be "Cabin Fever". I saw it in the theater and left not exactly sure how I felt about it, but I bought it when it came out on dvd and since then I've probably watched it 50-somethin' times. It's the kinda' horror movie that you can watch anytime, any place, any night. Simple, straight-forward, just enough t&a, just enough gore, and quite likely the debut of a guy who could turn out to be a pretty damn good director, Eli Roth.

Other than that, the last movie that I TRULY loved was "Problem Child", but it was cold, and I was desperate.