Out of Print/ Discontinued

Tools    

I was going through my DVDs last night, and decided to re-organize them through dvdafficianado.com . I noticed something I thought was pretty interesting and thought I would start a thread on it.

Out of your entire collection, do own any DVD(s) that have been discontinued or are out of print ??? The DVDs that can no longer be found on retail shelves ever again.

i don't know about the dvd's however we have one of the first copies of yellow submarine on vhs before the rereleased version came out on dvd...

i'll have to check and get back to you

How do I find out which ones have been discontinued.... apparently not Amazon because it still lists that edition of The Terminator as available.

Originally Posted by Garrett
How do I find out which ones have been discontinued.... apparently not Amazon because it still lists that edition of The Terminator as available.

list of discontinued dvd's

here's one site that i found..hope this helps

Originally Posted by Garrett
It's the holo-foil covered cased version that is discontinued, which is the one I own.

Originally Posted by susan
list of discontinued dvd's

here's one site that i found..hope this helps
Thanks susan!

Originally Posted by jrs
It's the holo-foil covered cased version that is discontinued, which is the one I own.
Ah, I see.

In Tyler We Trust
Jrs a DVD that has been recalled off the Selves that was released Feb 4 2004 was Ed Wood DVD. Some guy probably forgot to sign the release form or something anyways the next date on Amazon that says it going be released is Jan 1 2010. But some Ed Wood DVDs leaked out to stores around the US and people manage to get there hands on it and people who are smart are selling those DVD for 50-150 dollars on eBay. My friend ran to the store when he heard it came out and brought around 3 copies the place i hear where most people got it from was sma goody i order mine off ebay for 51 that includes shipping and handling

Originally Posted by Psion
Jrs a DVD that has been recalled off the Selves that was released Feb 4 2004 was Ed Wood DVD. Some guy probably forgot to sign the release form or something anyways the next date on Amazon that says it going be released is Jan 1 2010. But some Ed Wood DVDs leaked out to stores around the US and people manage to get there hands on it and people who are smart are selling those DVD for 50-150 dollars on eBay. My friend ran to the store when he heard it came out and brought around 3 copies the place i hear where most people got it from was sma goody i order mine off ebay for 51 that includes shipping and handling
OR, simply get the R2 UK Ed Wood DVD, that includes all the same supplements but is not tangled up in rights issues.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

you also gotta rememebr that you need a dvd player that can play region 2 dvds, or else youre screwed.

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.