Vote for your Favourite Hitchcock Film!

Tools    

What is your all time favourite Hitch Film?
16.18%
11 votes
The Birds (1963)
26.47%
18 votes
Psycho (1960)
23.53%
16 votes
North by Northwest (1959)
4.41%
3 votes
Vertigo (1958)
0%
0 votes
The Man Who Knew Too Much (1956)
0%
0 votes
To Catch a Thief (1955)
16.18%
11 votes
Rear Window (1954)
4.41%
3 votes
Dial M for Murder (1954)
1.47%
1 votes
Rebecca (1940)
7.35%
5 votes
OTHER (Rope, The 39 Steps, Topaz, Notorious, Marnie, Strangers on a Train etc..)
68 votes. You may not vote on this poll

im a bit pissed off that The Fly is not on there. I thought the fly had a great story. It is 10x better then the new film.Does any one know why the original The Fly 2 was in black and white when the first was in colour

Originally Posted by save charles manson
im a bit pissed off that The Fly is not on there. I thought the fly had a great story. It is 10x better then the new film.Does any one know why the original The Fly 2 was in black and white when the first was in colour
Are you even posting in the correct thread? Hitchcock had absolutely nothing to do with The Fly.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally Posted by Holden Pike
Are you even posting in the correct thread? Hitchcock had absolutely nothing to do with The Fly.
you were right.i was sertain hitchcock wrote the fly lol.

Out of all the Hitchcock movies I've seen, North by Northwest is my favorite.
And found he was eating his shoe.

Lets put a smile on that block
Ive still yet to watch that. Dam i hate working so much!!

I voted for Rear Window, although North by Northwest was a very close second.

I haven't seen any Hitchcock- I must admit I am a bit frightened to. The last horror film I watched was 'Scream 2' and I had nightmares for three months afterwards. However this thread has inspired me to. Just as long as it's during the day and with many peopel surrounding me.

Originally Posted by r3port3r66
And if you ever get a chance to visit Bodega Bay--where the movie was filmed--you'll see it hasn't changed much since the movie was made. It's still a creepy place every time I visit there.
'The Birds' was filmed there? I didn't know that. I used to live 30 minutes from Bodega and used to hop over all the time, beautiful toruist trap. If your up in that area though it's funner to go and drive off on your own. never thought it creppy though...
Infinitely suffering thing.
T.S Eliot, "Preludes"

5. Rear Window
A psychological mystery thriller that stands out on it's own not just because of it's distinctive formula (particularly for it's time), but also because of Hitchcock's ability to make the most of it's "limited" theme. The story of a man who can't walk, is stuck in his apartment, but with good observational instincts, honed by his job, that all end up putting him in a situation where his immobility makes for a simple, yet in Hitch's hands, an excellent plot device that incrementally builds & builds on it's suspense towards it's finale.

4. The Birds
The very first Hitchcock movie I ever saw.
During my early formative years on this planet, my dad used to pack our family into the panel-sided Buick station wagon & take us to the drive-in theatre where we were exposed to alot of those 70's cheesy "when animals attack" movies, like Food Of The Gods, Night Of The Leapus, Swarm, etc...
Goofy escapist fare of whose cheese I, as a child, ended up developing a taste for.
Therefore, one day, when the day came that I first viewed Hitchcock's The Birds on the ol' boobtube, my initial reaction was "Coo-hoooooollll.... Kinda like the movie 'Frogs!'! Except with birds!"

3. Notorious
At first glance, this seems like a typical Hollywood picture of this era: the insanely attractive couple of Ingrid Bergman & Cary Grant, both looking at their most perfect, in a lush looking film with spy intigrued plot, with the added feature of a small cadre of Nazi's thrown in for good measure.
Yet, the characters' personalities and their dialogue towards each other as they try to embitterly mask the feelings of love & longing that they must fight thru in order to complete their respective missions, reveals that this is an atypical film (for it's time, at least) with a feeling of cinematic bite that can only be the signature of Alfred Hitchcock. Add to the fact, that Cary Grant, usually a more of a comedic lead with skills of perfect timing, pulls thru this serious, & uncharacteristicly bitter role with a result that leads the viewer to sincerely sympathize with his character just cuz we know that deep inside, there is some good within him.

2. North By Northwest
Cary Grant gets chased across America by villainous spies, government agents, & the most dastardly of 'em all, a crop-duster!

In the same manner that Psycho made me start taking baths in order to avoid the "someone-sneaking-up" factor that is the natural result of shower curtains,
this movie made me always choose dwellings within the city in order to avoid ever having to cross paths with any of these air-borne single engine bi-planal horrors.

1. Psycho
Yeah, though an obvious choice, I still voted for this one.

Due to the era that Psycho was released, Norman Bates may not have had the opportunity to cut through a swath of teenaged bodies (not that most teenagers back then didn't deserve it) in the manner that the Freddies, Michaels & Jasons do these days, but he definitely pioneered the crazed, almost supernaturally-empowered maniacs that the more recent masked comtemporaries of today have become famous for.
Though the datedness of this movie has seemed to lessen the shock & horror of this b/w classic, the energy of it still reverberates today & for me, the ending shot of Norman Bates' visage is still one of the best creepy endings on film.

For me, it'sThe Boids.
When the birds landed on people, I saw it as a form of exfoliation.

I am burdened with glorious purpose
wow, I love how 3 year old threads are bumped around here!

I went with OTHER. I can't decide... I love Notorious. And I had forgotten about when I listed my favorites the other day. But I think it's my favorite!

But then again, I love Rear Window...

and North by Northwest...

and To Catch a Thief....

and The Man Who Knew Too Much...

and....

Manolo, Shoot That Piece Of Sh*t!
The Birds, becus that's the only one I've seen I liked it, I have all hitchcock movies, my dad bought 'em, but never got around to see 'em

Spikez's DVD Collection

Last Movie Seen: The Breakfast Club