Valentine's Day ~ Put a Little Love in Your Heart Tournament!!!

Tools    

I moved from an apartment where I was living alone to a residence where a lor of other studens live, been a day here, hot as duck here but cool place
That's great. I hope you have fun there.

Yes, I'm just joking. I know people aren't intentionally voting against my noms. Even when I nominate a song most of you like, it still seems to go up against a powerhouse song and get voted out early. I'm just one of those people that if it wasn't for bad luck, I wouldn't have any luck at all.

I've tried nominating some pop and older rock songs, and some songs from soundtracks, but nothing seemed to work, so I just figured that if I'm going to lose anyway, I may as well nominate country songs. I still try to add some other songs into the mix, but nothing seems to help. In fact, only half of my noms in this tournament are country, and they're still getting voted out early.
I didn't know that. I thought that you won a few of these. I suppose it's because you've ran so many. Well, anyways, I usually like or love your nominations. There's been a few Country songs I didn't care for, etc . . . but I do like your taste, more times than not.

I keep a list of all the songs that I've nominated in past tournaments, and I try not to nominate the same song twice. Sometimes I have to in the theme tournaments, but I try to avoid it whenever possible. I just play these tournaments for the fun of it. I don't expect to ever win one of these tournaments. I look at these tournaments as a way to introduce everyone to some songs that they might not know, and hopefully once in a while, someone finds a new song or artist that they like.
I've already nominated Lionel Richie twice. He lost fast, both times, but I didn't care. I expected it the second time. We have so many new members, that I figured why not?!?

The only reason I like winning, is because I love the thought of introducing or reminding people of certain songs, and finding out that they love them too. I still wanted Harry Nilsson to win. The only reason I voted for my song, was because Harry Nilsson had already won this thing, easy. It was also obvious beforehand, that he was going to win. The PMs made it very obvious that he won, so I put my poor Bobby Darin on top. I was just showing my song a little more love.

Oh, and as far as that question goes about loving some music more after hearing it in the movies you watch . . . I've heard many songs for the first time in movies, but they are normally songs that are only played in the movie, by groups and singers that aren't actually popular and/or played on the radio. I can think of around five movies right off the top of my head, that I did love songs from. Honestly though, since I did hear them beforehand on the radio, I'm just not positive about this. One movie was The Legend of Billie Jean, with Pat Benatar's song, Invincible. Also, the final song in White Water Summer, by Journey. Be Good to Yourself, I do believe. Then the two or three songs in Vision Quest. Although the one song may not be played on the radio. Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider. I wonder if they sale BB Guns!?! Madonna's Crazy for You, and Journey's song, Only the Young, are on the radio. That entire Vision Quest soundtrack is great, though. So is a lot of the soundtrack for the final movie I'm naming here. Summer Lovers is the movie, and the song by Tina Turner, which is Johnny and Mary. Hard to Say I'm Sorry/Get Away by Chicago, and I'm so Excited, by The Pointer Sisters, is also on that soundtrack. I will stop. I could go on all day with movies and music.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
I didn't know that. I thought that you won a few of these. I suppose it's because you've ran so many. Well, anyways, I usually like or love your nominations. There's been a few Country songs I didn't care for, etc . . . but I do like your taste, more times than not.
Yeah, I ran a lot of these tournaments. I just haven't won any of them.

Thank You. I'm glad that you like my noms. It's nice to know that there are at least a few people who like them.

I've already nominated Lionel Richie twice. He lost fast, both times, but I didn't care. I expected it the second time. We have so many new members, that I figured why not?!?
There have been a few songs that I've nominated twice because they just felt like they belonged in a specific theme tournament, but I try to introduce people to as many unheard songs as possible. If they like what they hear, they can always go exploring in YouTube for similar songs.