Leah Remini: Scientology and the aftermath

Tools    

The first 2 paragraphs were covered in the excellent documentary "Going Clear". Mike Rinder tells of how he was assigned the task of breaking up the marriage of Cruise/Kidman.
Yikes! I guess I didn't retain the entire documentary. (If I was "clear" or maybe an OT III, then my memory might be better).
Maybe time for a rewatch.

Apparantly Tom Cruise was married to actress Mimi Rogers,who was a counsellor in scientology,born and raised in it.

I couldnt agree more,but then again hes not allowed to watch it and has probably been forcefed a bunch of lies of what a terrible person she is and thats shes spreading lies to revive her career. I was thinking exactly what you said when i watched it though,so because none of the bad things have happened to you-you shouldnt care?

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Scientology obviously uses a powerful propaganda by promoting itself as the answer to the evils of Psychiatry. The best lies are wrapped in the truth, Psychiatry until relatively recently used Lobotomy (One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest) to effectively zombify people, barbaric electric shock treatments, and it's totally true that so much of the "depression" in the modern world can be cured by healthier lifestyle sleeping better, eating better, socializing etc. People are undoubtedly over medicated to the great benefit of big pharma, non existent ailments are made up like ADHD so that more drugs can be prescribed.

So in a sense Cruises rant about Psychiatry has a lot of truths to it, it's just that he doesn't see Scientology for the silly profit making cult that it is, or maybe he does but he doesn't care cause he gets so much free stuff/help from it.

It is really a sad state of affairs what Scientology has been able to get away with in supposedly the leading country of the free world. Children being born into slavery really, indoctrinated so that they know nothing else irrespective of intelligence. When in the US Government going to sort **** out. Keeping people in "the hole" imprisoned for years, Miscavige actually beating people up, causing suicide and many more serious crimes.

Apparantly Tom Cruise was married to actress Mimi Rogers,who was a counsellor in scientology,born and raised in it.

I couldnt agree more,but then again hes not allowed to watch it and has probably been forcefed a bunch of lies of what a terrible person she is and thats shes spreading lies to revive her career. I was thinking exactly what you said when i watched it though,so because none of the bad things have happened to you-you shouldnt care?
I don't believe that, a powerful person like Cruise couldn't have downtime on his own on his computer if he wanted, also whilst being all over the world filming movies he doesn't have a minder 24/7 making sure he doesn't watch bad stuff about the Church.

He is either a true believer or he just doesn't want to know due to all the $$$ help he gets from the church.

( i originally ment john travolta,but that doesnt really matter)
He does have people from scientology around him 24/7,they work hard to make sure hes surrounded mostly by scientologists,or that even if they are outnumbered,they are the closest to him.Its been stated by ex members several times. Like the fact that sea org member are working in his house and that him and katie were basically never alone,nor him and nicole which added to the troubles between them.COULD he sneak away to watch,sure probably,but they`re brainwashed into not doing it. Also there are policies against looking at internet sites,tv shows,articles etc that speak negatively about scientology-i think leah was got fined around 300 000 for it once

Scientology obviously uses a powerful propaganda by promoting itself as the answer to the evils of Psychiatry. The best lies are wrapped in the truth, Psychiatry until relatively recently used Lobotomy (One Flew Over a Cuckoo's Nest) to effectively zombify people, barbaric electric shock treatments, and it's totally true that so much of the "depression" in the modern world can be cured by healthier lifestyle sleeping better, eating better, socializing etc. People are undoubtedly over medicated to the great benefit of big pharma, non existent ailments are made up like ADHD so that more drugs can be prescribed.

So in a sense Cruises rant about Psychiatry has a lot of truths to it, it's just that he doesn't see Scientology for the silly profit making cult that it is, or maybe he does but he doesn't care cause he gets so much free stuff/help from it.

It is really a sad state of affairs what Scientology has been able to get away with in supposedly the leading country of the free world. Children being born into slavery really, indoctrinated so that they know nothing else irrespective of intelligence. When in the US Government going to sort **** out. Keeping people in "the hole" imprisoned for years, Miscavige actually beating people up, causing suicide and many more serious crimes.
Agreed,that medicine is big business,sadly-however part of the problem is patients who dont say no when its not necessary. A doctor cant really know that,or if a patient is lying about their needs.
Another case is the Sons Of Anarchy actor (forgot his name) who killed his landlady and her cat and then himself. He had been having mental problems for years but wasnt getting any help because he was a scientologist.

Also,glad you brought up the hole,because why is there not anymore focus on the whereabouts of Davids wife,SHELLY?? Im kinda mad because Leah has missed several opportunities to speak out about it but she hasnt,she been very mellow (i think shes scared that the public will buy into her being the bitter ex member that the cult claim she is)
Obviously most newslet talked about her leaving when she asked about where shelly was,but they rarely (or at all?) mention that Leah filed a missing persons report on her.the LAPD says that she is fine and the someone talked to here,BUT THEY ARE NOT SURE WHO. which is the worst answer ever. Tony Ortega (the scientology journalist) has made several well founded claims that shelly has been in the hole for TEN years,only being let out for 2 days to go to her fathers funeral. I wish Leah would press this.

There's no question that the claims about Scientology are true (as opposed to being concocted by angry ex-members). Because they are all substantiated by an overwhelming number of people who have left the organization because they could no longer stand the abuses.

Most people who leave religious churches don't usually have claims of corruption, theft & assaults as their reasons for leaving - in most cases, it's due to a change in attitude, personal beliefs, lack of interest, they found a church they like better, location, etc.

In my own case, I left my church a long time ago due to my own personal beliefs (or lack thereof), but still hold the church, its pastor and all its members in highest regards. (Even though none of my family attend anymore, our former pastor showed up last summer when my father was in intensive care to offer solace and prayers, then came to visit my parents at their home when my father got out of the hospital.)

I haven't heard of a single member who leaves (escapes) Scientology and says the religion (cult) is just fine and is doing great things, but they just discovered they like Jesus or Buddha better!

(And can you imagine David Miscavidge coming to visit a Scientology defector who is no longer giving him their money to offer solace and prayers?)

I'm genuinely worried it could all end in some sort of mass suicide as Miscavige panics when it all starts to come crumbling down. He will encourage everyone to leave their mortal form behind and join L.Ron.Hubbard on his higher plain of "OT" research that happens only when you have left you're body, the Scientology afterlife if you will.

of course,im not at all suggesting that she is steel.Im just saying thats what people still in the church thinks of her,and what they are trying to potray her as in the public eye. Its funny really,because they shoot themselfs in foot with their nasty attitudes.

I could actually see that happening gandalf,he is phsycotic enough to do it,and people believe in it enough to do it.
They are struggeling to get new members so they are reliant on second generation members-which isnt good for an organisation that doesnt like children (women are more often than not guilted into having an abortion)

of course,im not at all suggesting that she is steel.Im just saying thats what people still in the church thinks of her,and what they are trying to potray her as in the public eye. Its funny really,because they shoot themselfs in foot with their nasty attitudes.

I could actually see that happening gandalf,he is phsycotic enough to do it,and people believe in it enough to do it.
They are struggeling to get new members so they are reliant on second generation members-which isnt good for an organisation that doesnt like children (women are more often than not guilted into having an abortion)
Understood.

The thing is, Scientology's defenders say the detractors are all just disgruntled people who have mental problems and suddenly want to suppress the church, so they all start making up these false accusations.

That would be pretty weird if all different people who freely left for various personal reasons got together to concoct the same horrible stories just out of spite (while the defenders claim there's nothing bad going on that would leave anyone feeling spiteful).

But if the defenders are to be taken seriously then there must be people who left of their own free will (since any religion that was not a cult would allow its members to come and go as they please) but still hold the "church" in highest regards (like I did with mine) - yet they don't seem exist.

Yeah,Im really confused as to how members of scientology keeps believing the crap they`re told about people who leave. They`re so many now,and they were respected members-like for example Leah and Mike Rinder.
Like pointed out in the show,it doesnt make sense to make Leah or Mike out to be these horrible people who couldnt be fixed-because they were held in such high regard by the church.I think that if the pressure stays on in the media more people will wake up and start questioning things.
I think Tom was just desperatly seeking something, he was training to be a munk when he was married to Mimi Rogers,also they helped him with his dyslexia-which was probably their way in with him.
I think John Travolta is gay,theres just too many stories about it that seem legitimate,and he doesnt want to be. I think scientology helps with that,they hate it as much as him. Also he prob couldnt leave if he wanted to,unless he wanted to be outed. But at this point most people already think he is,and nobody seems to have a problem with it,unlike himself.

SPEAKING OF,Leah you are not letting me down this year!

LEAH REMINI TO LAPD: COUGH UP PROOF THAT YOU CHECKED ON SHELLY MISCAVIGE

In 2013, The King of Queens actress Leah Remini filed a missing person report on Shelly Miscavige, the wife of Scientology leader David Miscavige, who has not been seen in public since the summer of 2007. Three years later, Remini has never received a formal response to her report from the Los Angeles Police Department, which instead leaked news to reporters that it had checked on Shelly and closed the case. Now Remini, through her attorney Douglas E. Mirell, has made a formal records request with the LAPD regarding her 2013 missing person report, asking the department to respond with detailed information about how it determined that Shelly Miscavige was alive and well.
Remini’s request comes as her docu-series about her former church, Scientology and the Aftermath, has become a hit for the A&E network, where its first episode drew 2.1 million viewers and was the most-watched series premiere for the network in two years. Tonight, the third episode of the series airs, and press interest in the show is running high — Remini’s records request is well timed to produce pressure on the LAPD to give her answers that she didn’t get three years ago.
On August 5, 2013 — a Monday — Remini filed her missing person report with the LAPD. We broke the news that she had made that report three days later, on Thursday morning, August 8. Just the month before, we had revealed that Remini had defected from Scientology after growing up in the church. One of the things that had begun her disillusionment in the organization was the realization that Shelly Miscavige was missing. She first noticed Shelly’s absence at the 2006 wedding of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes at a castle in Italy where David Miscavige was best man. When Remini asked why Miscavige was there without his wife, she was told she didn’t have the “rank” to ask that question.
Michele “Shelly” Barnett, like Remini, had grown up in Scientology. At only ten years of age, Shelly was sent to a yacht in the Mediterranean where Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard was running his worldwide organization from sea. Shelly became one of Hubbard’s trusted “messengers,” and eventually she married another member of the Commodore’s Messengers Organization, a young man from New Jersey named David Miscavige. After Hubbard died in 1986, David Miscavige became Scientology’s leader, and Shelly helped him run it as a top church executive in her own right.
But eyewitnesses at Scientology’s international base near Hemet, California who have talked only to the Underground Bunker say it was in late summer 2005 that they saw Miscavige explode in anger over changes that Shelly made to the base while he had spent some time away in Los Angeles. A week later, in late August or early September 2005, Shelly vanished.
Two years later, in the summer of 2007, Shelly was allowed to attend the funeral of her father in the presence of a Scientology handler, but since then she hasn’t been seen at Scientology events or at its large headquarters complexes in Los Angeles and Florida. (From several different lines of evidence, we have strong confidence that we know where Shelly has been held for the past eleven years, at a super-secret Scientology compound in the mountains above Los Angeles.)
After we made public that Remini had filed her missing person report on that Thursday morning in 2013, later that day the LAPD began leaking to other reporters that it had checked on Shelly and were closing the case as “unfounded.” The Church of Scientology has attacked Remini for making the report, calling it a waste of police resources. But in the time since then, the church has produced no proof of Shelly’s whereabouts or that she’s where she is by her own choice.
In her book Troublemaker, which came out last year, Remini revealed that she had made her missing person report with the help of LAPD Detective Kevin Decker, whom she had met when he was providing off-duty security on the set of The King of Queens. According to the book, Decker told her that the LAPD had closed the missing person case without even seeing Shelly, but instead had been assured by a church attorney that she was fine.
The LAPD told us something different. After news that the case had been closed came out, we spoke with LAPD Lt. Andre Dawson, who told us that two of his detectives had made contact with Shelly, and that she had told them she didn’t want to make a public statement. When we asked Dawson whether this conversation with his detectives had occurred in the presence of other church officials, he quickly responded, “That’s classified.” Since then, Lt. Dawson has repeatedly appeared in Church of Scientology fliers as a featured speaker at its events.
Did the LAPD actually visit Shelly, as Lt. Dawson told us, or did it only check with a church attorney, as Remini’s book claims? Remini now wants some firm answers from the police department:
1. Who conducted the investigation that occurred in response to the [missing person report]?
2. When did that investigation commence?
3. When did that investigation conclude?
4. What actions were undertaken in connection with that investigation, and by whom?
Mirell’s letter also asks the department to reveal if Shelly was personally visited by detectives, or whether the LAPD relied on representations made by church attorneys. If detectives visited her, how was her identity established?
According to California state law, the LAPD has ten days to respond to Remini’s records request. We have a feeling the department will say something sooner than that, as will Scientology, which has been attacking Remini and the people who have appeared on her series with increasingly unhinged accusations (and more, see Amy Scobee’s report that she’s being followed since her episode aired two weeks ago, below).
We’ll update you when those responses come in.
For now, here’s the letter that Mirell sent the LAPD, in both text and pdf formats…
Douglas E. Mirell, Attorney at Law
132 S. Rodeo Drive, Fourth Floor
Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2413
424.203.1600 www.HMAFIRM.com
Direct: 424.203.1603 Fax: 424.203.1671
Email: [email protected]
December 12, 2016
VIA E-MAIL [[email protected]] AND U.S. MAIL
Discovery Section
Los Angeles Police Department
100 West 1st Street
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Re: Public Records Act Request — Status of Missing Person Report Filed By Leah Remini Re Michele Diane (Shelly) Miscavige
To Whom It May Concern:
This law firm represents Ms. Leah Remini. This is a request pursuant to the California Public Records Act, California Government Code Sections 6250-6276.48.
On or about August 5, 2013, Ms. Remini submitted a Missing Person Report (“MPR”) to the Los Angeles Police Department (“LAPD”) concerning Michele Diane (Shelly) Miscavage. A copy of that MPR is attached to this letter. Shortly thereafter, a number of news outlets published stories quoting unnamed LAPD sources “who spoke on the condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to discuss the case publicly,” stating that the case had been closed, that Ms. Remini’s MPR had been “ruled as unfounded,” and that “police were no longer investigating.” See, for example, THR Staff, The Hollywood Reporter, “LAPD Rules Shelly Miscavige Missing Persons Report ‘Unfounded,'” posted 8/8/2013 @ 7:00 PM; Andrew Blankstein, Los Angeles Times, “Scientology leader’s wife located by LAPD after Leah Remini inquiry,” posted Aug 9, 2013.
Notwithstanding the LAPD’s apparently unauthorized communications with various media outlets about this matter, Ms. Remini herself has never received any official communications whatsoever from the LAPD concerning the disposition of her MPR. In particular, Ms. Remini wishes to know the following:
1. Who conducted the investigation that occurred in response to the MPR?
2. When did that investigation commence?
3. When did that investigation conclude?
4. What actions were undertaken in connection with that investigation, and by whom?
5. Prior to August 8, 2013, did any LAPD detectives or other personnel travel to San Bernardino County to meet Ms.Miscavige? If so, who and when?
6. Subsequent to August 8, 2013, did any LAPD detectives or other personnel travel to San Bernardino County to meet Ms. Miscavige.? If so, who and when?
7. Prior to August 8, 2013, did the LAPD’s investigation of the MPR rely solely upon the representations about Ms. Miscavige made to the LAPD by one or more Church of Scientology attorneys? If so, by whom, and to whom, were those representations made?
8. Was Ms. Miscavige physically seen by LAPD detectives or other personnel? If so, where, when and by whom? If so, how was her identity ascertained? If so, who else was present at the time she was seen by the LAPD?
9. Was Ms. Miscavige spoken to by LAPD detectives or other personnel? If so, where, when, by what means, and by whom? If so, how was her identity ascertained?
10. Was any attempt made to ascertain the health of Ms. Miscavige? If so, what was done?
11. Has the LAPD’s investigation in response to the MPR concluded?
12. Was the protocol followed in connection with the investigation of this MPR consistent with the LAPD’s standard operating procedures?
13. Is it consistent with the LAPD’s standard operating procedures to allow its personnel to anonymously convey the results of an MPR investigation to members of the media?
14. Is it consistent with the LAPD’s standard operating procedure to never directly inform the person filing an MPR of the results of the ensuing invesigation?
To the extent the answers to each of these questions can be found in LAPD reports, policies or other documents — including, without limitation, any and all follow-up and/or “3.14” reports prepared by LAPD detectives or other personnel — please provide the undersigned with copies of all such records. In addition, to the extent that the original MPR filed by Ms. Remini has subsequently been annotated in any way by the LAPD, please provide the undersigned with a complete copy of that annotated MPR. Pursuant to Government Code Section 6253(b), Ms. Remini is prepared to pay all appropriate “direct costs of duplication” attendant to provided copies of identifiable records.
Pursuant to Government Code Section 6253(c), I look forward to your prompt response. Thank you in advance for your immediate attention to this matter.
Yours sincerely,
DOUGLAS E. MIRELL Of
HARDER MIRELL & ABRAMS LLP
(lawyers sign off yours truly? )

Leah is doing a Reddit special this monday,meaning the questions she didnt get to answer the hour she was there shes answering on the show

Also scary update on the shelly case:

For a few days, we have been communicating with a woman we’re going to call Rachel. We know Rachel’s real name, and a lot more about her besides. Everything she’s told us about herself and her husband has checked out. But because they fear retaliation for telling us what they know (and they say that it’s already happening, more about that below), we’ve agreed not to use their real names.
Rachel and her family live less than two miles from the Church of Spiritual Technology headquarters near Twin Peaks, California — the 33-acre super-secret compound where we believe Scientology leader David Miscavige has kept his wife Shelly stashed away for the last 11 years.
The small CST headquarters is in the mountains above Los Angeles and near Lake Arrowhead, California. It’s not to be confused with Scientology’s much larger 500-acre International Base about 50 miles away and near Hemet, where David Miscavige lives and where, in 2004, he created a notorious prison for his top executives that is known as “The Hole.”
In the late summer of 2005, eyewitnesses tell us, David Miscavige blew up over some minor changes that his wife Shelly made at Int Base while he was away. A week later, she vanished. Several different lines of evidence have convinced us that at that point she was moved to the CST headquarters, and she’s been living and working there ever since. Shelly was only seen in public one time since then, in the summer of 2007 when she was allowed to go to the funeral of her father in the presence of Scientology “handlers.”

Rachel, who has lived her entire life in the area, tells us she was only vaguely aware of the odd CST parcel, and didn’t really know what it was for. “High school kids here like to drive by and flip off the cameras,” she says with a laugh.
Then, earlier this year, Rachel had to deal with a medical situation that required her to spend a lot of downtime taking medication. With time on her hands, she began watching a lot of Netflix and YouTube. And that’s how she stumbled on Leah Remini’s appearance on ABC’s 20/20 which had first aired the previous year, in October 2015.
In that appearance, Leah was promoting her book, Troublemaker, and 20/20’s Dan Harris asked her about the fateful 2006 wedding of Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes, when Leah first noticed that Shelly Miscavige was missing.
At that point in the program, ABC posted this image of Shelly…

It was one of the photos of Shelly taken around the year 1990 by Claudio and Renata Lugli, who were Scientologists and personal tailors to the Miscaviges. In the photo, Shelly is modeling an outfit they had made for her. (We met the Luglis in Italy a few years ago and brought these photos back with us.)
Rachel says she was stunned. She called over her husband, and she says at that moment, they were “90 percent sure” that they had seen the woman before, on two different occasions in the nearby town of Crestline.
The first incident happened in the first week of December, 2015. Rachel says they were at Lake Drive Hardware, just a few blocks from Lake Gregory, picking up some Christmas trees that had been donated to the place where she works. Rachel’s work involves helping people recovering from alcohol and substance abuse problems, and she says it’s that background which made her take note when a woman walked into the store.
“She was a thin, smaller woman, escorted by two men,” Rachel says. “Disheveled. Almost like a drug addict, or like she was homeless.”
The woman, whom Rachel now believes was Shelly Miscavige, looked all of her 55 years, had long, stringy graying hair, and appeared “frail.”
The two men with her looked younger; Rachel estimates they were in their 30s. “They seemed to be leading her, like you would someone who was under the influence of drugs or alcohol. It was awkward.”
She apologized for not noticing more about the young men. “My attention was never on them. My attention was on her. This was what I do for a living, work with people who are in that kind of shape. And I had a thought that this woman was not supposed to be there. It was disturbing.”
Four months later, around April 2016, the same thing happened. This time, Rachel says she was at Goodwin & Sons Market, a few blocks away from the hardware store, when the same woman came in, again escorted by two younger men. The woman had the same kind of appearance as the previous time, but Rachel didn’t notice if it was the same two young men.
When Rachel later saw the 20/20 special while she was convalescing, she realized that the frail looking woman was Shelly Miscavige. She then began researching more about Scientology and who Shelly was.
Then, as Leah Remini’s new A&E series began to air recently, Rachel became determined to do something about her sighting, and she reached out to us.
By then, she had already made a trip to the CST compound with her husband. They had seen the drone footage we posted of the compound in September and they wanted to find out what they could see of the place from the ground.
They took a few photos, including this one…

But as they did so, a truck emerged from behind a fence, and began following them as they made their way back to town. Since then, in the last few days, they have noticed people sitting in cars outside their home.
“Yesterday at the grocery store, some guy asked my husband for change and directions, then started asking him personal questions, about how long he had lived in the area, things like that. It was really weird,” she says.
We asked her to update us if she continues to see strange activity.
In the meantime, we called up Dylan Gill, the only former CST employee who has ever given press interviews, and whose story we first told in 2012.
Dylan told us that he’s been positive for years that Shelly Miscavige was being held at the CST headquarters. And when he worked there, he regularly was given time for buying supplies in town.
“I think it’s very possible that it was Shelly they saw, and if she had company, it’s because of who Shelly is,” he says. “I was pretty positive that she’s there, and this just confirms what we expected.”
In 2013, Leah Remini filed a missing person report about Shelly with the Los Angeles Police Department. The LAPD closed the case without ever giving Leah a formal response, and told reporters that the case was “unfounded.”
On Monday, Leah’s attorney, Douglas Mirell, filed a records request with the LAPD, asking it to explain how it closed the case and what investigation was done to make sure that it had checked on Shelly’s whereabouts.
Leah tells us that so far, she’s had no response to her new request.
Was it Shelly that Rachel and her husband spotted near the CST headquarters twice in the last year? At this point, we think her report is credible. And if that’s the case, our concern for Shelly Miscavige is even more acute.
Frail, disheveled, perhaps disoriented. Is Shelly Miscavige in need of help? And when is the LAPD, or any law enforcement agency, going to take her disappearance more seriously?

Watched episode 3.
Leah said a member must pay a minimum of about a quarter million dollars to go through the auditing & courses that take a member to the higher levels of Scientology.

This got me thinking - what if a homeless, unemployed or broke person walks into one of their "churches" and says they want to join because they need the help their church offers? I guess if they can't pay they're sent away?

Wouldn't that be an indicator to ANYONE that this is not a "religion" in any sense?

I think of my old church - if a homeless, unemployed or penniless person walked in, they would never be turned away. Even if the offering plate went by them and they put nothing in, they'd be invited to attend every service that they wanted to and invited to the fellowship meetings afterward where they could get some hot coffee and a meal. There are also extra groups in the church where they could attend and be fed for participating. There are programs within the church specifically designed to help the homeless and the hungry.

Of course members of the church are asked to give financially (tithe) what they can to support the upkeep of the church & contribute to its humanitarian outreach programs, but no one is ever turned away because they can't pay or even if they don't want to contribute.

I say I "quit" the church - but there was nothing official in it. I just stopped attending and contributing financially. This didn't result in any kind of excommunication, (or punishment, abuse or harassment like in Scientology) - the only thing that happened was after a couple years of not showing up, they stopped sending me the church bulletin and the donation envelopes with my name on them. And yet, I'd still be welcomed with open arms at any service, fellowship or group meeting, and could re-join at any time no questions asked (which only means my name would go on the official mailing list for the bulletin & offering envelopes).

Compare that to Scientology where, in order to just proceed with their "religion," you are expected to pay - and for most, to pay everything they've got or ever will have.

Yeah thats also why it takes them so many years to get ahead on the chart

Im also guessing that poor people are put in the sea org or something like that. That way they got food and an apartment (that they have to share with other families-children go live in doorms with other children) and they have to constantly work & all the money they make go straight to the church. These are probably the most devoted members actually as they have no life outside the cult due to the hours they work and they live in the center.They dont really see anyone else except for scientologists which makes the brainwashing easier.

Just a question though,because the payment they get has been mentioned alot (which is basically nothing) is there no such things a minimum wage in the US? because that stuff would be illegal here,its basically slavery.

Im not getting the religion thing either.what I do know from a interview with an ex scientologist who was high up (cant remember his name atm) is that lots scientologists sued the IRS and specific people who worked there. Even if they had no case,the IRS still had to hired lawyers for it and show up to court,i cant remember how many but they were in the thousands.3000 or something.And they were continuing to sue and appeal.so IRS bascially just gave in,which goes to show..if you harrass someone enough..

Im still waiting for all ex members to get together and sue the church,tom and david for emotional and physical abuse.

Good question. There certainly is minimum wage in the U.S.
Perhaps Scientology is not considered an official employer because it's a "religion" so it can pay it's members whatever it wants as "gratuities"? I have no idea.
I know illegal aliens are often paid below minimum wage because the money is "unsder the table" (wages are not reported and taxes are not paid to the IRS), so perhaps Scientology does the same thing with it's members.

Yeah,you are probably right about that. But thats something that should be looked into by the government-if people become completely reliant on their "religion" for pay,because they have to spend so much time there they cant work a normal job, rules should be applied.I mean its impossible for people 30-40 + to leave without any money,when they most likely dont have a job waiting for them.they would be completely reliant on friends and family,and alot of them dont have that.

Also about charity,i just remembered,they`ve held several charity events.Leahs said that shes donated alot of money to it,but one of the things she left for,or started questioning things, was when she found out the charities she had been told about were a hoax by the church. They keep building stuff,most recently in W DC i believe,to try and get their footing within politics so im assuming alot of their money goes to that. they`ve built centers abroad aswell and they have a lot of hidden away properties-like the camp they`re holding Shelly at.

ALSO Paulette Cooper,who the book i just bought is about, will be giving an interview in the monday special aswell. Shes the one they`ve tried to set up several times,including setting off bombs and fraiming her because she wrote a book about scientology (its called the scandal of scientology,1971)

From pictures,i think Tony Ortega will be there aswell,hes the one who wrote the book about her (hes the journalists ive been getting info from above)

Im really excited for this episode now.

So i just watched the special and last nights episode.
I thought the Paulette Cooper part was too short,there was soo many things that were left out and even though i guess they brought up the most important parts,they barely touched upon most which i felt gave a less impact.her story could have been a whole episode,the same with Ron Miscavich really-there was so much left out but again i guess the biggest parts where all there.I hope there is an episode dedicated to Tom Cruise-i dont think she will,but i hope she does. Getting some pressure on him is good seeing the rank or position of power he has. It might be cruel but imo he needs people to turn on him to get him to wake up.if he ever left the church there would be chaaos..can you even imagine? lol

LAPD needs two more weeks to respond to Leah Remini about missing wife of Scientology leader

The Los Angeles Police Department has notified Leah Remini’s attorney, Douglas Mirell, that it needs an additional two weeks to fulfill Remini’s December 12 records request regarding the whereabouts of Shelly Miscavige, wife of Scientology’s leader, David Miscavige.
[...]
On December 19, a week after Leah made her request and three days before it was required to respond, the department sent a letter under Chief Charlie Beck’s name saying that it was invoking the state records law, which allows an additional two weeks for “unusual circumstances.” With that additional time, the department will “search for, collect, and review the collected records from other Department entities which are separate from the office processing the request.”
We’ve always been curious about the LAPD’s 2013 handling of Remini’s missing person report. When we asked the department’s Lt. Andre Dawson about it, he told us that two of his detectives had met personally with Shelly, who did not want to make a public statement. When we asked him if other church officials had been present at that meeting, he quickly responded, “That’s classified.” Since we had that conversation with Lt. Dawson three years ago, we have spotted him featured numerous times in Scientology fliers for events where he’s been a featured speaker.

from tonyortega.org

update on the missing person report Leah filed.I removed the stuff from the article,thats basically just restating everything.