Leah Remini: Scientology and the aftermath

Tools    

well i dont know how true it is,but thats what was being reported at the time.
Yeah they dont believe in medication nor therapists or the likes-thats basically the devil.
Remember Tom Cruise fighting with the host of the today show because Brook Shields took anti depressants after giving birth?

skip tp 7:38

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
I never knew that either! I need to revise TopsyPop.

But reading through the comments, yeah, it looks as though they regard psychiatry and the likes as the devil's work.

I never knew that either! I need to revise TopsyPop.

But reading through the comments, yeah, it looks as though they regard psychiatry and the likes as the devil's work.

yeah but i personally believe they`re so strongly against it because they fear members having a mind of their own.Having someone to talk to OUTSIDE of the cult could be very dangerous to them.Also one of their recruit subjects is that they can help cure whatever problem the person has.
And if the people who are members went to therapy chances are they would have never signed up for scientology in the first place

The following is SNL's spoof on the Scientology song & recruiting video. The spoof apparently came about as a response to the documentary "Going Clear", but to truly appreciate it I'll fist post the original Scientology song "We Stand Tall" and video:

Original Scientology music video:

SNL spoof music video:

Leah on the today show earlier today. Cant wait for tomorrow,hopefully someone uploads it fast.
im not familiar with A&E,is it a standar channel most people have?

Some highlight for those who dont want to read through the whole thing:

We can (almost correctly) assume that celebrities receive special treatment because of their status - could you elaborate more on that?(..)
TheRealLeahRemini
We had special course rooms in separate parts of the buildings. Any complaint we had about the outside world was met with agreement from the "Church." We were serviced differently, we had supervisors doing courses in our homes, giving special schedules to celebrities. Staff was interrogated by the Church. Often times there were Sea Org members working for celebrities in their homes, personally working for them. I know of one celeb who had a sea org member working in their home and sea org members were averaging $25/week. The labor laws don't apply to any church therefor they were made to work ungodly hours, forced into interrogations if making human mistakes around the celebrity.
(From the preview/trailer you could see clips from one who worked in Tom Cruise`s home,and who was incharge of keeping him away from non scientologists,in other documentaries about scientology there was an in depth interview from one who worked for john travolta)

What do you think happened to David's wife
?
TheRealLeahRemini
I actually do not know. Ask the LAPD.
(for those who dont know/ remember,one of the reasons Leah left was because she was "written up" at tom and katies wedding and had to go california for "reprograming" for months.One of the reasons she was written up was because she asked David where his wife was.After she left she filed a missing person report-The LAPD has classified the report as unfounded, indicating that Shelly is not missing," said Detective Gus Villanueva. He said that he didn't know exactly where or when, but detectives did meet with the Miscaviges as part of their investigation and saw Shelly in person.Personally i believe shes been put in one of those workcells they keep talking about-where they either have to work all hours of the day or do stupid stuff as run in one of those hamsterwheels)

Out of all the rumors surrounding Scientology, which one is true and hits home the hardest for you?

TheRealLeahRemini
I don't what rumors we're referring to here. I haven't read anything that has been inaccurate.

Have you seen the HBO documentary Going Clear? If so, would you say it's an accurate representation the church and worth showing to people?
TheRealLeahRemini
Very much so. I thought it was very accurate. I was shocked how accurate it was for not coming from Scientologists. I wanted to see more stories about how it affected children. The systematic recruitment of members' children. I wish it would have told the story of how Scientologists give their children to the "Church." It protects the life source that is continually bolstering the religion. But, I think they did an amazing job and they cleared the path for people like me to speak about it. HBO was very brave in taking it on. As is A&E, as it will be the first network is do a full series about it.
(I hope she shows some of that in her show,because it is basically child cruelty.Kids are considered adults (which may also explain the sexual abuse?) and live on their own in work camps)

Is it true they record your meetings and blackmail you with the recordings?
TheRealLeahRemini
Yes, every "therapy room" is equipped with cameras and listening devices, as admitted by the "Church." Do they use it for blackmail? No, they use it to discredit you when you speak out.

As a psychologist, I am curious what you observed as mental health 'treatment' with Scientology? In addition, I am aware the 'church' is against psychology; how was this opposition demonstrated within or by the 'church'? Finally, in your opinion how prevalent are mental health difficulties with the Scientology community?
Thank you for your time.
TheRealLeahReminiThe "Church" doctrine thinks that fields of psychology and psychiatry are a sham. They deny mental illness and afflictions. They promote that you can heal your psycho-sematic issues with their "technology." They will get in the way of people taking medications. They will prevent people from getting the real medical help that they need. and in some cases have caused suicides because of it. Scientology is mentally abusive because we are all taught that we are responsible for everything.
(this is what i was talking about when talking about john travolta and his son)

is Tom Cruise really the "Messiah?"
TheRealLeahRemini
To the "Church," yes. Parishioners believe that he is singlehandedly changing the planet because that is what the "Church" is telling them.

Started watching the show (On Demand - and for once it's letting me fast forward through commercials - Yay!)...

Really interesting. Almost as interesting as "Going Clear" - possibly more so to me because I've been studying the phenomenon of Scientology for decades.
More on that later.

oh really? thats so interesting,cant wait to hear about it.
How did you come to know about it? I`d never heard about it till Tom Cruise started acting crazy,then i stumbled upon some documentaries about it.

Also the first episode is available on their official site. but of course not to those outside of the us

http://www.aetv.com/shows/leah-remin...on-1/episode-1

*edit WOHO finally up on youtube.they get taken down really fast though

Sorry Harmonica.......I got to stay here.
Now I know why they hate psychiatry, hits too close to home...

An Idealized Self-Image has three aspects:

Neurotic Claims : Neurotics believe they have special privileges in life and become extremely frustrated when their wishes are not granted.

Neurotic Pride: A false pride based upon your idealized self-image Neurotic individuals avoid people who don�t "recognize" the innate superiority of the Neurotic individual.

Neurotic Search for Glory :
Self-idealization
: The drive to make the idealized self-image real

Need For Perfection: in order to achieve the idealized self-image, the neurotic falls prey to the Tyranny of the Should.

Neurotic Ambition
: the compulsive drive toward superiority

well i dont know how true it is,but thats what was being reported at the time.
Yeah they dont believe in medication nor therapists or the likes-thats basically the devil.
Remember Tom Cruise fighting with the host of the today show because Brook Shields took anti depressants after giving birth?

skip tp 7:38

I don't know anything on what this is really about as I have no interest tbh... but Facebook trending just flagged up that she's been bullied and pressured by Tom Cruise within the past 24 hours into retracting all of her statements and removing all videos from the web.

what dont you know? what scientology is or what Leah has to do with it?

I dont doubt about that though,like i posted above they`ve create an website about her just to harrass her,
scientologists are notorious bullies.like school ground bullies
They`ve already tried to stop the show from ever airing.I very much doubt its Tom Cruise though,but the scientologists that work for him. His not allowed to watch anything online nor on tv regarding scientology (this goes for all of them) and he certainly isnt allowed to watch anything by someone who left.