Tv couples that should have been

Tools    

Riley was the worst boyfriend or girlfriend in Buffy.
Quoted for truth.

Chandler lost a lot of his appeal, not so much because he was with Monica, but because he wasn't with Joey. Chandler/Joey is the best character in Friends. If you have them separately, then I think Phoebe just nicks it for me.

Also, a lot of Chander pre-Monica is not having a direction. Be it job, relationship or girlfriend. He 'grows up' in the run up to his marriage to Monica.

Lastly, 10 years is a hell of a long time to have the same character, so they're going to change. Personally, I feel that the character of Monica suffered a lot more than Chandler did in later seasons. She's often little more than a collection of her most annoying traits/foibles.

The series Angel really isn't much like Buffy. It's darker and more grown up. Think mid/late 20's rather than teens.. Angel is much like a recovering addict. Personally, I always preferred Buffy, but I like Angel a lot. Sadly, like Buffy, it peaks really early, IMO.

Put in firmly in the Tara camp. But then, I didn't hate Dawn, either. There are some really annoying episodes, but then, she turns up in the second best season of the series.

Thats really cool Gideon,im glad I had a whole list,but now i cant find and cant remember any of the others I`ll add on as they pop back into my head cant wait to see your list!

WKRP In Cincinatti, I always thought Loni Andersons character shouldve given some to Herb Tarleck.

WKRP In Cincinatti, I always thought Loni Andersons character shouldve given some to Herb Tarleck.

Oh no, Jennifer and Andy all the way! But we knew that was never going to happen because the whole point of the Jennifer character was that she was too good and too smart for all the men on that show...when Loni Anderson was originally approached to play Jennifer, she was a ditzy receptionist and Anderson said she would only do the role if they changed the concept of the character completely and made her the smartest person at the station.

I wasn't going to start until you finish yours, that wouldn't be right...I'm already in the middle of another list right now anyway.
This is actually not a list. Just a thread for anybody to post couples they think should have ended up together.

^^ Jupp!

I wasn't going to start until you finish yours, that wouldn't be right...I'm already in the middle of another list right now anyway.
Even if it was a list i geniunly wouldnt have mind if you did one aswell So go ahead and make one when you want

Rory & Jess- Gilmore Girls

Now its been a really long time since ive seen this show.But i remember being obsessed with them. Its the bad boy and good girl cliche`,but he did try to change for her and he was a nice mix into the cast.
I havent seen any thing of his since Static-so maybe hopefully he makes a return to the Girlmore Girls reboot?

Kevin & Winnie

Granted, Kevin & Winnie were an on-again / off-again couple throughout the entire length of the Wonder Years series.
But, in the last episode, the final voice over tells us they ultimately went their separate ways and did not end up together - which was both realistic and heart-breaking at the same time.

Oh no, Jennifer and Andy all the way! But we knew that was never going to happen because the whole point of the Jennifer character was that she was too good and too smart for all the men on that show...when Loni Anderson was originally approached to play Jennifer, she was a ditzy receptionist and Anderson said she would only do the role if they changed the concept of the character completely and made her the smartest person at the station.
Yeah they would have looked good together, and I was just kidding with Herb. Still remains one of my favorite sitcoms.

I thought Buffy and Xander should have hooked up. Xander was funny, and he wouldve been better than Spike. Would have evolved his character somewhat. Im surprised the actor didnt go on to better things.

I thought Buffy and Xander should have hooked up.
Those were my two favourite characters but i don't agree at all. One of the best decisions they made was to drop Xanders obsession with Buffy fairly early on, they would have just been awkward together.

Also Spike was great, he was best with Dru but even in the later seasons he would have been my third or fourth favourite along with Willow. Runs Xander close for funniest character.

Those were my two favourite characters but i don't agree at all. One of the best decisions they made was to drop Xanders obsession with Buffy fairly early on, they would have just been awkward together.

Also Spike was great, he was best with Dru but even in the later seasons he would have been my third or fourth favourite along with Willow. Runs Xander close for funniest character.
Youre probably right. I just remember in Veronica Marrs there was the loudmouthed obnoxious funny guy (Logan) that the main character ended up being with, and it worked for that show at least. Im really surprised Sarah Michelle Gellar disappeared from stuff after Buffy.

^^ agree about SMG. but at the same time i cant really blame her,she worked way too much during her teens and twenties. those few times she had time off from buffy she would usually do movies like scream 2,ikwydls and scooby doo then fly back and continue buffy.so she was probably tired.
then obviously had kids,so shes done alot of small independent movies which most of has been really bad,but im guessing the schedule is what she looks at the most.
i was sad the the crazy ones got cancelled,it just needed to find its feet.but shes back with the cruel intentions tv show now so..it could be great or really bad

Carrie and Aidan-Sex and the city

First of,I dont really like this show but my friends forced me to sit through it. Plus theres constantly reruns of it so im forced to watch it wether i want or not.However,carrie and aidan or carrie and mister big (who calls themselfs that?) is a no brainer.Aidan is the good guy who treats her with respect and tries to help her and see things from her point of view. Mr Big is the tool who
WARNING: spoilers below
had her on the side while he was married to someone else,left her at the alter
and treated her like crap 99% of the time. But then again one of the reasons i dont like the show is because i find the characters to be shallow,desperate airheads so its not wonder she wound of with the person she did

well,most people seem to like it so i guess im the odd one out I just couldnt connect with any of the characters or the decisions they made.
also dont get me started on the "fashion" of carrie that was supposed to be so great.