Movie based on Real Life Serial Killer released mid-late 2000s

Tools    

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
My best friend and I always changed the channel when the commercial came on because she is terrified of horror movies and this one said it was based on a serial killer that was never caught. I think it might have had something to do with the Green River Killer but I wouldn't swear to it. I remember that there was snow and trees on the add. LOL! I know that isn't a lot of help but I never actually saw the whole add. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated because I want to watch this movie, just to see if it is as bad as she thought that it was going to be. LOL! I have googled like crazy. It would help if I could remember what year it came out. I know it was between 2004 and 2008. I had to count backwards from how old her son is now because she wasn't pregnant with him yet, but I THINK that is close. It should be somewhere around there. Someone here has had to see this movie. Help me out guys.

My name's Bobby Peru, like the country.
Try Either

The Black Dahlia (2006) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0387877/

or

Zodiac (2007) http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0443706/

Their assumption was that Jerry was already dead when I arrived, and I just nodded my head. What else could I tell them? "He had to do it, Officer, or else he would’ve turned into a worm-monster and been very unhappy."

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I have seen both of those Wood, thanks though. Rodent, I watched the first couple seconds of the trailers for those to check. Not it. I may never find out what this movie was because my best friend is a chicken ****. LOL!

Had a bit of a hunt around and found The Alphabet Killer

I suppose you would have mentioned if it wasn't an American production, but if you're interested in the genre do check out the Red Riding trilogy, which was shown in three parts on television in the UK and subsequently released as three theatrical features in the U.S. Adapted from novels based on a series of real serial killings.

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Another one that involved The Green River Killer was 'The Riverman', but it was really about the interviews with Ted Bundy regarding GRK.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0304636/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Red Riding looks very good Holden. I'll have to have a look at that!

I have to return some videotapes...
I mean Monster is a true crime movie that was made in like 2005.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Wild guesses-

Wolf Creek
Hannibal Rising
LOL Cricket.

The Strangers?

Don't think Hannibal is a real serial killer is what she's saying.
Oh I got it, but Hannibal was inspired by a real person, and plus as we know, the people asking the questions sometimes get their facts a little off.

Oh I got it, but Hannibal was inspired by a real person, and plus as we know, the people asking the questions sometimes get their facts a little off.
Yeah, i figured. Was just saying why she laughed because i thought you hadn't realized.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
Oh then my bad. Who was he based on? I thought he was Harris' creation, even down to being so off the richter there is no psych category for him.