BlueLion's Top 50

→ in
Tools    

Anyway I've got to say BlueLion that I think I had you and your tastes all wrong. For some reason in my mind I had you down as a lieutenant in the art house mafia.
I think you're mixing them up with bluedeed.

46. Dumb and Dumber (1994)
Peter Farrelly, Bobby Farrelly

"Hey Harry old buddy old pal, will you join me in a good luck toast before you head out? Sure thing, whatever you think will help your chances."

No, I'm not kidding. Dumb and Dumber IS one of my favorite films of all time. Obviously it's no work of art, but I love it to bits, and it's one of my two guilty pleasures that will be part of this list. It's one of the first films I remember seeing (it must have been around 2000 and I must have been about seven), and I still love it as much as I did the first time. I haven't seen the film in ages, but I must have seen it at least 20 times in the last 10 years and each time I watched it, it was like hanging out with two old friends. If I saw it this year for the first time, in all likelihood I would have given it the mark f rating. But because I watched it (and rewatched it) during what was probably the happiest period of my life, I just can't not feel nostalgic about it.

Have never understood all the love for this movie. I don't think it's funny at all...the Ferrelly Brothers had much better luck with There's Something About Mary and Me, Myself, and Irene.

44. Midnight in Paris (2011)
Woody Allen

"Nostalgia is denial - denial of the painful present... the name for this denial is golden age thinking - the erroneous notion that a different time period is better than the one one's living in - it's a flaw in the romantic imagination of those people who find it difficult to cope with the present."

Midnight in Paris was my first Woody Allen film, and I've seen many of his films since. Some came close, but none were as good, sincere and heartwarming as this film. Owen Wilson gives what is one of my favorite acting performances of the decade so far, and it's incredible how much I could relate to his character, even though I'm not as crazy about the 20s, Picaso or Hemingway.

As much as I enjoyed Midnight in Paris, I hard time accepting the fact that you think it's Woody's best film. I'm curious as to what other Woody movies you have seen?

I Wanna Be Loved By You
Films I've seen from your list (in bold -> in my top 10):
44. Midnight in Paris
43. Kill Bill
40. Rear Window
38. Barton Fink
36. Se7en
32. Saving Private Ryan
31. Léon: The Professional
29. Full Metal Jacket
24. Psycho
23. The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
21. Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb
18. Inglourious Basterds
16. Fargo
15. The Thin Red Line
13. Eyes Wide Shut
11. Vertigo
9. Sunset Boulevard
8. Pulp Fiction
7. Goodfellas
6. 2001: A Space Odyssey
3. The Shining
2. Taxi Driver
1. Mulholland Drive
I loved all of them! This is an awesome top 50, I like the lay-out a lot too (and the quotes).