Favourite Simpsons Episodes

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Hey guys, some posts on the ShoutBox got me into this thread. Post your all time favourite Simpsons classic moments and episodes!

Off the top of my head, mine would have to be The Monarail Episode and the apparently named (thanks SB) "Rosebud" episode where Mr Burns loses his beloved BOBO the bear.

So whats yours?

TOP TEN
1. "Bart Sells His Soul" (SEASON SEVEN)
2. "Lisa the Vegetarian" (SEASON SEVEN)
3. "Cape Feare" (SEASON FIVE)
4. "Homer's Phobia" (SEASON EIGHT)
5. "Lisa's Substitute" (SEASON TWO)
6. "The Cartridge Family" (SEASON NINE)
7. "A Streetcar Named Marge" (SEASON FOUR)
8. "Homer's Babershop Quartet" (SEASON FIVE)
9. "You Only Move Twice" (SEASON EIGHT)
10. "Simpsoncalifragilisticexpiala(annoyed grunt)cious" (SEASON EIGHT)

And about a seventy-two more.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

I love The Simpsons . It's hard to say......I guess what comes to mind is when Homer steps into the world of CG animation. That was awesome to watch. Although I have to say I like almost every simpsons cartoon.

Fighting out of the Lions Den
I would have to go with the `Cape Fear` homage episode.

I'm not old, you're just 12.
My all time favorite is the one where Homer ballons up to 300 pounds to go on disability. It has all my favorite simpsons lines.

Homer: "I just wanted to watch 'Honk if you're Horny' with dignity!'"

Homer: "I'm washing my fat guy hat!"

Bart: "I wash myself with a rag on a stick..."

Mr. Burns: "I want to see more Franklin Roosevelts and less Teddy Roosevelts!"

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

one of my favorite episodes is one of the halloween specials where they are doing "the shining" ... i love the faces Homer makes, also when he is breaking down the doors and says "heeeeere's johnny"..."Daviiiiiiiiiiid Letterman"... then the 60 minutes opening..

hahaha it was great

Randomly visiting for now
I love simpsons sooo much. But my top few would have to be;

1) The Stonecutters episode
2) Homer's Quartet
3) The catburgular one, where someone is stealing everyone's stuff and Homer forms a gang. It's got some funny lines

Moe: "Can you swing a sack of doorknobs"
Kid: "Can I!"
Moe: "Here's the sack but you gotta supply your own doorknobs"

Grandpa: "I noticed he was wearing sneakers.....for sneaking. And the other night at the museum there was something more vertical about his walk than horizontal and finally he has the world's largest circonia on his coffee table" hehheh

Homer: "We all need codenames, barny can be Q ball, I'll be 8 ball, Lenny your 2 ball and moe you can be Q ball"
Mow: "You're an idoit homer"

4) The lemon tree one, where Shelbyville residents steal the Springfield lemon tree.

5) The one where homer joins the freak show because he can be hit by cannon balls.

6) Lastly the one where bart discovers a comet. lines;

Homer: "Don't worry kids the meteor will probably break apart in the atmosphere and not be able to hurt anyone, well If I'm wrong may we be horribly killed from above somehow"

Lisa: "The scary thing is that this is exactly what dad said was going to happen"
Homer: "I'm scared too kids" *all hudle shaking

And this is my BOOMstick!
Can't decide. All of them.

I love it when in one episode when Maggie was sitting on grandpa Simpson's lap. They were playing peek a boo; grandpa is like "where's Maggie".."where's Maggie", " no really where's maggie, a can't see her"

not really my fav. just the one i watched today. Treehouse of Horror 5. Homer travels back in time and tells himself not to touch anything because it will alter the future. then this humongous mosquito flies near him. "you go squish now!" and wham. funny stuff.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I know it's supposed to be cool to say that the show has gone WAY downhill, but tonight's episode had several stunningly-animated scenes and a very strong plot. This season is turning out to be REALLY good.

Tyger, Tyger, Burning Bright
I know it's supposed to be cool to say that the show has gone WAY downhill, but tonight's episode had several stunningly-animated scenes and a very strong plot. This season is turning out to be REALLY good.
dang... and I wanted to be cool.. guess not..

I still like The Simpsons, and have far too many favorites to start listing. It just amazes me though how long its been on the air. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought I heard there have been only 1 or 2 shows that lasted longer (one of them being Gunsmoke I think)... gonna check for references on that...

edit: I knew I had heard something about The Simpsons being the second longest running show... guess it was second longest just for a certain type though. I copied the following from a Wikipedia entry:

The year 2007 marks the twentieth anniversary of the Simpsons franchise. With its nineteenth year (2007–2008), the series will be only one season behind Gunsmoke's US primetime, scripted television record of 20 produced seasons. However, Gunsmoke's episode count of 635 episodes far surpasses The Simpsons, which would not reach that mark until its 29th season, under normal programming schedules.

However, there have been other shows on for much longer, depending on what you call a show I guess... I'm thinking of news or sports programs, which are in a different category I suppose.

Season 8 was the best season in my opinion, but my favorite episode has to be "A Milhouse Divided" (which just so happens to be on season 8).

For those of you who don't know what episode that is, that's the "Can I Borrow a Feeling" episode.

Sir Sean Connery's love-child
Season 8, the chilli eating contest with Homer, still cracks me up.

Toga, toga, toga......

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbour?

The episode where homer sets up an internet business. "oh i see they have internet on computers these days"- one of my favorite simpsons quotes

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
The Cartridge Family

"I'd like your deadliest gun please.
Aisle 6- Next to the sympathy cards"

Lets put a smile on that block
The Cartridge Family
I didn't like that episode at all. Instead of satirising America's obsession with guns, i found it weird, uncomfortable and unfunny. But that might be just me.

Give me the Monorail episode any day!