Books that you would like to see made into a film?

Tools    

Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams rules

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
^^^ hitchhiker's guide is being made, check out the upcoming section theres loads of info there

I think a really wierd and kind of surrel series of films could be made out of the short stories written by Angela Carter in her book The Bloody Chamber, if anyone's read it you'll know what i mean

Viddy well little brother
Originally Posted by d-fens
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Douglas Adams rules
That film is about to be released man. Martin Freeman from the Office is on it.

I am having a nervous breakdance
Originally Posted by LordSlaytan
I need to read those. I have just now gotten around to reading The Da Vinci Code. It's a pretty fun read so far.
That's funny. I'm reading it right now too and I am having trouble getting through it. I think I've been reading it for 1½ month now. Of course, I have a lot to do and sometimes I just read like ten pages in one week, but I have to tell you... I think it's surprisingly bad. Sometimes it gets better - then it starts to suck again. I have a lot of friends that love it and they always get pissed when I say how cheap I think it is... Are you mad at me, Brian?

...and of course Ron Howard is making the movie...

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

^^^^ You do realise that the book is very loosely based on fact? Like the priory of Sion doesn't exist.

Viddy well little brother
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
That's funny. I'm reading it right now too and I am having trouble getting through it. I think I've been reading it for 1½ month now. Of course, I have a lot to do and sometimes I just read like ten pages in one week, but I have to tell you... I think it's surprisingly bad. Sometimes it gets better - then it starts to suck again. I have a lot of friends that love it and they always get pissed when I say how cheap I think it is... Are you mad at me, Brian?

...and of course Ron Howard is making the movie...
I read it in about a week but to be honest, the whole police chase thing isn't that interesting. Whenever they went on the run again, I just wanted them to get back to the Holy Grail plot. I did enjoy it though and am lokking forward to the film.

I'd also like to see a James Herbert book like the Fog or the dark be made into a film. Lots of violence,lots of sex. It's bullet-proof!

I am having a nervous breakdance
I don't care about the facts... That's of minor concern. I just think it's a pretty poorly written book with not so many good ideas.

Wasn't M. Night Shyamalan working on "Life of Pi"?

I'm still waiting for Ender's Game!

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
So nobody's commented on this thread since 2005, I've enjoyed reading the posts, a lot of the books by now have been made into movies. Chronicles of Narnia, The Hobbit, Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, The Davinci Code, but I have a few I'd like to add.

1. Robert Jordan - The Wheel of Time series

I'm not sure how they would do this exactly, it would have to be done like the LOTR trilogy except instead of 3 parts there would have to be at least 13-14 parts, the 14th and final book comes out in 2012 and I can't wait to read it and finally end the story that i've been reading for over half my life. The story is so amazing and detailed in every way that it would be perfect for a film series but sadly I doubt that will ever happen.

2. Mark Alpert - Final Theory

3. Robert A. Heinlein - The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress

I got completely hooked on reading everything I can get ahold of by Heinlein but so far The Moon Is A Harsh Mistress is my favorite.

4. Ray Banks - The Cal Innes novels

I just started reading Ray Banks a while ago and I think the Call Innes novels would be a great movie or movies, kinda picture a British Magnum P.I with a drinking and pill popping addiction and always winds up kicking some ass.

If you want to achieve greatness, stop asking for permission

Read this book last year, and I absolutely loved it. I think it would make a great dark comedy!

They keep trying to make Good Omens, but it's yet to happen for one reason or another. I tried to read it, but didn't like it at all. To the surprise of absolutely no one.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
"The Silmarillion" ofc. Though it would take around 5-7 films. Done properly it would have the potential to surpass LOTR in every possible way.

Movie Forums Stage-Hand
i would like to see a movie on die hard lovers

there's a frog in my snake oil
I'm picturing it now...

---

I've only just started reading this but, along with 'The Four Voyages' of Columbus, it's already begging to be made up good and proper.

(Not that Herzog hasn't had a go at fictionalising/dramatising part of it in Aguirre. I got the reco from a booklist he put out with his bizarre 'lock picking' film course )

Don't torture yourself, Gomez. That's my job.
Even though two movies have been made already. The first was ridiculous, and the second while not terrible, was also not great, and only made so Tarantino could keep the rights.

I'm still waiting for Tarantino to make good on it. I think Kill Bill killed his lust for it. I kinda wish Luc Besson (who is also a big fan) got the rights instead.

What am I talking about?

Modesty Blaise

There is actually 13 books in the series, and it was a comic strip before the books.

"And our credo: "Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc." We gladly feast on those who would subdue us. Not just pretty words."