Books that you would like to see made into a film?

Tools    

Originally Posted by Piledriver
A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R.R. Martin- I can some this possible "movie to be" with one word: PHENOMENAL
I actually like them better than the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. I'd hate for them to be tainted by a failed movie adaptation.

Put me in your pocket...
There needs to be more movies made for kids. My son would love to see something from the Captain Underpants series by Dav Pilkey, like....

Captain Underpants and the Wrath of the Wicked Wedgie Woman, or...

Captain Underpants and the Big, Bad Battle of the Bionic Booger Boy,
Part 1: The Night of the Nasty Nostril Nuggets
Part 2: Revenge of the Ridiculous Robo-boogers

I admit they are very stupid...but I can't help but giggle at them with my guy. And I can easily see Will Ferrell playing the lead.

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Chronicles of narnia-that would so be an excellent film
DaVinci Code
Harry Potter - gloss over the fact that they've already made them and make em again coz they were crap

I've always wanted to see Stephen King's The Dark Tower series on the big screen, but it's probably too long to ever happen. Besides, they'd probably cast it all wrong and change the ending, which would piss me off to no end!

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Big Two-Hearted River: Part 2, By Ernest Hemingway
A short story by the master of short stories, in my opinion. Would make an interesting short film. Something I imagine to be a Director's dream as far as being able to explore new techniques and such.

Cannabilism in The Cars, By Mark Twain
Another short fiction which I would like to see made into a short film.
The individual words are jumbled then the spaces are removed. PM the answer to me. First one with the answer wins.

Originally Posted by Garrett
I actually like them better than the Lord Of The Rings trilogy. I'd hate for them to be tainted by a failed movie adaptation.
I think they're alot better than the LotR trilogy also, which is why I think the Ice & Fire series would be even better as movies, but your right, it would only be successful if the right people were involved.

Death Lands

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
Big Two-Hearted River: Part 2, By Ernest Hemingway
A short story by the master of short stories, in my opinion. Would make an interesting short film. Something I imagine to be a Director's dream as far as being able to explore new techniques and such.
You know what? Agreed. That whole short story cycle could be done rather well.

For me, I'd like to see a film adaptation of Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried. Man o' man, would I like to see that. Such a good short story collection, that one. Talk about exploring new techniques...

Originally Posted by Sleezy
You know what? Agreed. That whole short story cycle could be done rather well.

For me, I'd like to see a film adaptation of Tim O'Brien's The Things They Carried. Man o' man, would I like to see that. Such a good short story collection, that one. Talk about exploring new techniques...
If you're talking about the short stories with Jason (that's the recurring character Hemingway used right?) I would completely agree. I see Spielberg directing.

And this is my BOOMstick!
I said it before and I'll say it again - Stainless Steel Rat.

The Green Lantern
This Present Darkness by Frank Peritti.

The House by Bentley Little
Let Those Who Worship Evil's Might.
Beware My Power...Green Lantern's Light"

--Green Lantern Oath--

"The Green Lantern Corps has battled against the forces of evil and chaos for a millennium. To serve is the ultimate honor."

May The Forks be With Us
i always wanted to see a movie version of the Star Wars New Jedi Order Books. Make like animated shorts like the animatrix or something like that. those would be pretty cool.

"Snozberries taste like snozberries"

Lets put a smile on that block
i would absoloutly love to see a film adaptation of The Life of Pi, a truly beautiful, emotional and philosophical story of a 16 year old boy stranded in the ocean on a boat with a bengal tiger, a zebra, an orangutan (sp?) and a hyena. I heard somewhere that Shyamalan was thinking of giving it a go, his one of my fave directors so that would thrill me to the point of wee.

In the Beginning...
Originally Posted by PimpDaShizzle V2.0
If you're talking about the short stories with Jason (that's the recurring character Hemingway used right?) I would completely agree. I see Spielberg directing.
Nick Adams was the recurring character.

Anything from Roman Dirge or Jhonen Vasquez.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

I am a glorified ape.
I would like to see Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaimen turned into a movie. A while back I checked imdb.com and saw that Terry Gilliam was in pre-production for this film. But that's all I've heard about it. It's a very funny story about the biblical apocalypse. The anti-christ as a baby gets sent home with the wrong parents instead of a coven of witches. He grows up having certain powers that he's unsure of what to do with. As the apocalypse approaches, an angel and a demon team up to try and stop the end of the world. Good stuff.

Originally Posted by blibblobblib
SO what books have you seen that have made you think i would like to see that on the big screen!"
"Langelot"īs adventures series by Tenent X.