Favourite Tom Cruise Performance?

Tools    

Sit Ubu Sit.... Good Dog
Austin Powers in Goldmember, and I have high hopes for the new Mission Impossible, I just watched the trailer today and it has a good cast of actors,,, so here's hoping.

Good whiskey make jackrabbit slap de bear.
Let me just say that I think his "cameo" or supporting part in Tropic Thunder is one of the most overrated parts in any movie, ever.
Really? I thought he was the best thing about Tropic Thunder. Anything specific about his part that you didn't like?

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Eyes Wide Shut and Magnolia are both great. I'm a fan of his and enjoy watches him on screen, Collateral is good and he has some great moments in Born on the Fourth of July, even if it is a heavy-handed message film.

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Aye. He's great in Magnolia and I really dig him in the first and third Mission: Impossible. I think people are liable to forget, with all his general weirdness, that he's pretty flippin' talented and awfully good in the right roles.

2022 Mofo Fantasy Football Champ
Really? I thought he was the best thing about Tropic Thunder. Anything specific about his part that you didn't like?
I just didn't think it was oscar worthy? What exactly made it oscar worthy?

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I'm probably one of the few who watched Knight and Day, but Cruise basically carries the film by being nonchalant and almost making fun of his screen persona.

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
Knight and Day I didn't watch in theaters... most stuff I don't, but I'd give it a chance if on Netflix. Does it have the Mr. and Mrs. Smith vibe going on?

Knight and Day I didn't watch in theaters... most stuff I don't, but I'd give it a chance if on Netflix. Does it have the Mr. and Mrs. Smith vibe going on?
Knight and Day is more comedic than Mr. and Mrs. Smith, I think.

i got to give it to the guy. he gives his heart and soul to all of his performances.

now i'm not the kind of movie fan that gives a damn about what they do outside of the movies. so all these couch jumping scientology thing, i couldn't care less. all i know is that he is a good actor and you see the amount of respect he gives to his audience by giving his all on all his movies.

he makes it a point to give something new in his projects, be it the characterization, a scene, a stunt, the story itself, etc.

my favorite tom cruise movie is magnolia, rain man, tropic thunder and born on the fourth

Mine would be 1.) RAIN MAN, 2.) TOP GUN 3.) THE SAMARAI

I'd probably say my favorite of his performances is Rain Man. He's not one of my favorites, but his movies are good. Worst performance is easily in Valkyrie - I couldn't get through the movie the characters were so loathsome.

Note to film-makers: If you've a character named Wolfgang, have his fellow Germans pronounce his name "Volf-Gank", not "wolf-gang" - American and German pronunciation differs immensely.

I'm into Top Gun and Rain man