Wall.e

Tools    

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Comingsoon.net reports that if you see Wall•E, you will get to see a new Pixar short (that I personally love all of them) named Presto

Moviegoers who go see Disney/Pixar's WALL•E on June 27 will get to see Pixar Animation Studios' latest animated short, "Presto." We at ComingSoon.net have gotten a chance to see the short, written and directed by Doug Sweetland, and can say without a doubt that it's one of Pixar's best. It's definitely a treat before the main feature even starts. Here's Pixar's official synopsis with photos following:

Dignity. Poise. Mystery. We expect nothing less from the great, turn-of-the-century magician, Presto. But, when Presto forgets to feed his rabbit one too many times, well, there's really no telling what to expect! This latest comical short film from Pixar Animation Studios follows the escalating high jinx of the amazing Presto, his rabbit Alec, and what happens onstage when a star magician's ego provokes some clever revenge from his neglected costar.

click link for photos

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
I believe blibbyblob covered that in his review. EVen so, I enjoy having a mood setter in front of the Pixar films. They mostly tend to be Oscar nominees.

I don't know why I want to see this so much more than Kung-Fu Panda... but I do.

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
When i saw the poster, i instantly thought Short Circuit and was pretty unimpressed. Not watched trailer though and the premise sounded quite intriguing.
I keep thinking Short Circuit! LOL!

The trailer looks super cute. It looks like I may be seeing this movie with my movie group at the drive in this week!

A friend of mine saw it. I drilled her with questions.

She told me she wouldn't compare it to finding nemo, but that its still good. She says the first 45 minutes had no talking in it (we all knew this, she didnt) and that some moments of the movie had really sad parts. She says overall dont get your hopes too high, but its still disney/pixar and you'll enjoy it.

I might want to tell you, that she normally doesnt like pixar/disney movies and that she only saw this one because someone forced her to an early viewing.

The tailer totally got me at the first sight. I will go watch it no matter what.

Pix never let me down.

I am going to a midnight showing today anyone else going to one?

Wall•E

(no quote available)

In today's Hollywood, few studios have such a good reputation as Disney's Pixar animation studios. They have come up with the best stories and get some of the most talented computer artists to animate their characters. They are also known for their great scripts, this movie however, has minimal dialogue. Most of the sounds you hear are either robot sounds made by Ben Burtt, or straight dialogue made from mixing ordinary objects, sounding like words. Even for people who want dialouge, I think this movie will keep Pixar's reputation going.

Another trademark of Pixar is having a little cartoon short before the movie. In my opinion they go into two categories, great (Geris' Game) and really great (my all time favorite, Knick Knack.) What can I say, I love every short, and bought them all on DVD. The short before Wall•E called Presto about a magician and his bunny who only wants a carrot, would be characterized as really great, probably my 3rd favorite of all time. The animation is great and I like physical comedy, just seeing the magician get zapped, hit in the kahunas, and bitten by the bunny is worth the price of the movie ticket.

The story for Wall•E is just as unique as any other Pixar movie. This movie is about a robot named Wall•E (Waste Allocation Load Lifter -- Earth-Class)in the year 2700 who is left on Earth to clean up trash, then a beautiful new robot named Eve comes on a mission. I won't say much more about it because I don't won't to spoil it, but I will say that this movie loses momentum once we get on the BNL ship. Not Pixar's best, but still good.

Speaking of ticket price, I say go see this movie in the highest quality possible. The animation is stunning, even in regular quality. Andrew Stanton knew this and uses it to his full advantage. He puts scenes in with Wall•E and Eve, just exploring the scenery, it is absolutely jaw-dropping. The reasons of why they didn't release this in IMAX form surprises me and disappoints me. Yes, I will say the animation is better than Kung Fu Panda.

This movie is like Tina Fey, whilst being beautiful looking, it is also funny. A lot of the jokes are funny, especially in the short. Part of the reason it is so funny is that Wall•E's character does follow the Blade Runner motto, he is almost "more human than human," that is what makes him funny to me. He gets scared when we get scared, nervous when we get nervous, laughs with us, and almost cries with us. I loved him, and thought he was very funny.

This film can't be seen as entirely original, robots have been used in movies for a very long time, primarily in the movie Short Circuit. It does however, have better story then most movies, beautiful animation, an almost more human then human character, and most of all, it is funny.

Rating:
Not one of Pixar's best, but still very respectiable. (Yes, I do think Kung Fu Panda is better)
b

Celluloid Temptation Facilitator
My teens and I enjoyed it. I was quite worried about the no dialog thing at first but it was beautifully done.

I'm not a big fan of "message bludgeoning you over the head" films but in this case I still enjoyed the film. It seems I mostly agree with the message.

My family and I enjoyed this movie. It didn't 'stand out' against the other Pixar films, but it's tough to surpass the other films.

I was a bit worried about the fact that there wouldn't be dialogue, but it was great. As a matter of fact, it was refreshing.

Oh...and the animated short, Presto, was fantastic!

Wall-E- the most overrated film this decade.
Thank you! I don't understand why everyone is so obsessed with that movie! I have a special little place in my hatred reservoir for that movie just because it's soo overrated.
I have to wholeheartedly disagree with that. If anything, it is ever-so-slightly underrated. It is this the best thing that Pixar has ever done- and that's already something. Am I alone in thinking that this is the best piece of feature-length computer animation ever produced? Perhaps the best thing PERIOD ever released by a major American animation studio. It seems like they had kept the studio executives tied up in a dank cellar while they were making the brilliant, beautiful and sublime first half, and that when they chewed through their bonds and made their way into the studio to supervise the production of the second half they were too weakened by their months-long ordeal to derail the movie completely.

For years I had thought that the technology had not yet caught up to the artists' conceptions in this new medium. Now I see that the technology has far outpaced most of them. Pixar has finally shown us that great art can now be made in this medium. What was done here has it's analogs in early film-making in the moment when the early directors realized that the camera could be MOVED and that a film can be more then a recoded stage play.