Facebook?

Tools    

Lets put a smile on that block
Hi Chaps.

Seeing as the OVERLORDS at Myspace seem to be losing their footing in the online community stakes, apparently this little website is catching up fast. It lacks the creativity that Myspace gives you, but the functions for chatting and sharing photo's totally outway Myspace, and it NEVER crashed. I would have to say 6 out of 10 times i log onto Mspace i get a message saying "We are sorry, we seem to have en****ered an error" Never had anything like that on the book fo FACE.

So any of you guys members? Lets all get together and have a good old poking.

Yeh, Facebook definitely better than Myspace which i never go on now. Facebook isn't a popularity contest or something to do for 'image'. Definitely more a Uni site i've found though.

I'm in. And be sure to join my buddy's group "I was poked by someone at facebook once and I liked it." Lots of poking parties!

I think the fact that it doesn't crash as much is a function of its level of popularity, at least in part. If it supplants MySpace, it will inevitably end up facing many of the same problems that MySpace has. And then something newer and cleaner and more stable will come along, and this will all happen again, I expect. Either that, or people will burn out on social networking sites in general.

I find them vaguely entertaining at times, and fairly helpful for occasionally tracking down people I haven't seen for awhile, but not much beyond that.

You ready? You look ready.
You can't really compare MySpace and Facebook, however. One was designed for music artists, while the other was designed for students.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Myspace is used far more as an advertising format and there's lots of advertiser hackers, Facebook is just a friend community. They have different purposes so think that's why it has so many problems.

You can't really compare MySpace and Facebook, however. One was designed for music artists, while the other was designed for students.
Seeing as how they have both evolved beyond their respective initial purposes in an attempt to offer full-fledged social networking, we can certainly compare them on that level.

I remember when Facebook required a valid college address to join, a requirement they've apparently dropped since (presumably in an effort to become more popular). The more open it becomes, the more it will inevitably run into the same quality-related issues that MySpace has. After all, the same people are going to find their way over there. The only way to prevent all this would be to restrict their users' creative control to a greater degree than MySpace has.

Seeing as how they have both evolved beyond their respective initial purposes in an attempt to offer full-fledged social networking, we can certainly compare them on that level.
Yes, but their main purpose has still remained to hold a large portion of the site's usage. In that respect, we can't compare them.

Yes, but their main purpose has still remained to hold a large portion of the site's usage. In that respect, we can't compare them.
I honestly don't know what it is you're trying to say here. That different people will use the sites, owing solely to original intent?

If so, I don't agree. Ultimately, if they both come to offer very similar social networking options, I don't see any reason to believe that one will attract a vastly different demographic than the other. Most users won't know a thing about their history, or particularly care. I wouldn't expect someone to refrain from buying things at Amazon simply because they only started with books, for example.

Regardless, we can certainly compare them in regards to the aforementioned social networking, which is what I've been doing.

Originally Posted by Yoda
I honestly don't know what it is you're trying to say here. That different people will use the sites, owing solely to original intent?
Not because of the intent, but because of what they offer.

Well, if and when I start comparing their music-distribution abilities, be sure to let me know.
Well, it's more than just music but yea, I'll let ya know.

Well, theres alot of chit chat going on here people, but no signage!

Heres my link, add me so i can see and smell your beautiful lives...

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=559735695
you've been added by me - Jaimie Briscoe

feel free to add me as well MoFo's

Horrorphiliac