Twitter

Tools    

Originally Posted by Iroquois
Sexy's last name reminds of Jambi the Genie's catchphrase.

It's not pronounced like Jambi's catchphrase, but I've heard that all of my life.

Originally Posted by Iroquois
I didn't think it was, it just looked similar. What is that, Polish or something?
Yep. My great grandpa is from the old country.

Employee of the Month
I think that Twitter is hip ******** and will be vanished some day in the near future. I`m looking forward to use some a bug-free version of google`s "wave" in the next years. That will be fun. And you can really use it for almost every kind of work.

just can't get with Twitter. i get bored with it/forget to use it for weeks on end. i don't get the people who are utterly obsessed with it.

In case anyone cares, MoFo's feed can be found here:

http://twitter.com/movieforums

It's not too official-y, but I'll probably mostly use it to post updates about new reviews, podcasts, lists, and major site features.

Begrudgingly I do. My sister wanted me to try it out. To me it seems silly, it takes Myspace and Facebook and boils it down to the one thing I hate; updating your status. I suppose it's designed to make everyday people feel famous, as if they're followers are their public.

...uh the post is up there...

I only go on Twitter to follow directors, movie news, certain stars and other people worth following. I just don't see though why someone you know though on a daily basis would be interesting to follow on twitter.

Lets put a smile on that block
Is the general MOFO census of utter disgust for Twitter? If not, i can be found on there @blibblobblib

You ready? You look ready.
Is the general MOFO census of utter disgust for Twitter? If not, i can be found on there @blibblobblib
I think the idea of it is cool, but I hate it. More importantly, I hate how damn near every site you go to these days has twitter incorporated to it.
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

The People's Republic of Clogher
The only thing that arch Toryboy posh spiv and future UK Prime Minister David Cameron has said of any substance is - Too many twits make a tw@t

Tw@tter, Arsebook etc are nothing more than video games for people who don't play video games - Instead of completing levels you hoover up 'friends' and, if you're desperately unlucky, get messages from the people you went to school with and never wanted to see again.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
While that's fairly true of facebook, twitter is sometimes kind of useful for following bands or comedians you like because the ones that use it sometimes post things saying when they're on tv/where they are playing and sometimes links to radio appearances/interviews/articles etc.

Ah yes, the Stephen Fry effect.

These things do have some specific uses, I suppose. I know that the ex-Mrs T (and more pertinently her little sis) have found MySpace a godsend for publicising their music.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
I find Stephen Fry on twitter quite scary. So many people follow him that if he complains about a product their shares probably fall instantly.

Much as I love the Greatest Living Englishman, his mere presence on Twitter seems to have opened the floodgates to talentless oiks like the Jimmy Carrs of this world polluting the net. I have no idea if Jimmy Carr is on Twitter, by the way, but merely typing his name makes the phlegm rise in my throat (apologies to Mofos having their lunch ) so he has the effect I was after.

Didn't Lord Fry say he was giving up twittering recently or was it just a hissy fit?

He's almost completely without talent, that's how.

A pie-faced Mark Lamarr who would be nothing without panel games where he has 3 hours to be funny before the edit makes him look spontaneous.

He'd be on my QI show from Hell, along with Phil Jupitus, Alan 'repeat the last joke someone has told and club it to death' Davies and either Rory McGrath or Marcus Brigstoke. *shivers*

Sorry, can't sleep and am in a mood.