Your Favorite Movies that make you Think

Tools    

Neutral Milk Hotel
What is everyones favorite movie(s) that makes you think. I personally Like Donnie Darko.
" I see in your eyes, the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, whe we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. May and hour of wolves and shattered shields before the age of men comes crashing down, but it is not this day! This day we Fight! For all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you stand men of the west!!"
-Aragorn: The Lord of the Rings the Return of the King

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Well, at first it was Minority Report. But after watching it, I figured it all out. Then next was Holes, which I solved right as the credits started rolling. Um... lessee... currently, Attack of the Clones. I'm still confused as to whether Darth Sidious is Palpatine (I know, laugh at me... but how could Sidious go from talking to Dooku all the way to the launching of the clone army?!?!?!) Donnie Darko, and that's about it for me.

Oceans 11

The right crew and a lot of guts? Now that will make you think.

eternal sunshine of the spotless mind
american psycho

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

"I can't help it..."
Vanilla Sky has made me ponder lucid dreams and such for hours after I've watched it, everytime.
Grilled (Jason Ensler, 2006) ****
An Inconvenient Truth (David Guggenheim, 2006) ****
The Family Stone (Thomas Bezucha, 2005) ***1/2
Rocky III (Sylvester Stallone, 1982) ***
--------------------------------------------
Visit My Blog!

or, my myspace!

WAKING LIFE and thin red line was also a good one

Ya'll might laugh, but I had to really think about the first Mission Impossible to see how it came together. Some other personal favorites include Mulholland Drive, the afore mentioned Memento and Existenz.

My Top 100 favorite movies.

Randomly visiting for now
Usually movies that are not clear about what is happening are the most thought provoking such as:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Donnie Darko
Fight Club
(seriously who knew who Tyler was? *trying to avoid spoilers)

But also movies that have profound/confronting meaning make you think afterwards a lot such as:

Lost in Translation
Green Mile
The Shawshank Redemption

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by SpoOkY
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Donnie Darko
Fight Club

Lost in Translation
Spooky, you rule , these four ones i wanted to list myself.
Lately, i'd add Birth, for very personal reasons, which brought me some hours of meditation.

I am Jack's Smirking Revenge
Fight Club, and Usual Suspects definitaly, yer right Spooky about tyler lol, i was like... WTF, now every time i watch it, i can see where all the ideas came from

SUBLIMINAL MESSAGES RULE!

history *is* moralizing
Originally Posted by undercoverlover
Matrix totally made think
here's a Matrix frog just for ye!

Neutral Milk Hotel
Ill actually add Fight Club and Eternal Sunshine. Eternal Sunshine did not make me think but it had one of the best meanings ever. Fight Club had the best twist ending of all time. And Donnie Darko When I first saw it was just plain weird and then I watched it again and loved it.

I just know they're coming to kill me.
Oh yeah, The Matrix and Lost in Translation. LiT I understood, but where did Charlotte's husband go towards the end of the movie? How come he was never there? Was he having an affair or something?

Not many movies have made me think cause I don't try to think to much when im trying to enjoy a movie and anyway it jsut kinda comes to me, The only film that really stumped me good was "Mulholland Drive." To this day I still dont get it at all.

The Reaping 7/10
Transformers 8.5/10
Flight of the Living Dead 6/10
The Invisible 6/10
Return to House on Haunted Hill 1/10
Planet Terror 8/10
A Mighty Heart 7/10

Well it did...................It made me think "What the hell am i doing watching this stink they call a movie".

Allright, all kidding aside, the Usual Suspects made me "think" as you would so put it.