The best movie villian

Tools    

darth vader, hands down, he's the man, er... more machine though

Arthur: If I asked you where the hell we were, would I regret it?
Ford: We're safe.
Arthur: Oh good.
Ford: We're in a small galley cabin in one of the spaceships of the Vogon Constructor Fleet.
Arthur: Ah, this is obviously some strange use of the word safe that I wasn't previously aware of.

There's no contest. The best movie villain of all time was Brad Pitt as Tyler Durden in fight club. Brilliant for so many reasons, and funny as all hell in a weird nihilistic kinda way

Letherface (the letherface from original TCM) was a good villan.
Clowns from random movies are always creepy(IT, Killer Klowns From Outter Space etc)...ugh, i hate clowns!

My favourite villan was Deacon Frost from Blade..I just wanted him to win all the way through the movie.

Evil bastard in a movie was also Edward Longshanks from the Braveheart. He was mean!

i think that a lot of these people sucked as villians, if anyone deserves the title, then it would have to go to someone not from a movie, the ultimate badass villain, imho, is sephiroth from FFVII

kevin spacey in both 'the usual suspects', and 'seven'.

ok, Peter Simon Greuber Die Hard With a Vengeance

Hello Salem, my name's Winifred. What's yours
Originally Posted by Black Mamba
Clowns from random movies are always creepy(IT, Killer Klowns From Outter Space etc)...ugh, i hate clowns!

My favourite villan was Deacon Frost from Blade..I just wanted him to win all the way through the movie.
Totally agree, all clowns are evil, especially IT-that film was horrible

And Deacon Frost was totally a good villain in Blade i thought Stephen Dorff was excellent as that role, my fave bit is when they're i chinatown and deacon has the little girl by the throat and throws her into traffic

A true villian to society (at least through half the movie anyways) was Ed Norton in American History X. I know I'm cheating a little but I had to say it.

William Zabka from Karate Kid, I hated him so much when I was younger, but that was a respected hate I guess.

Bug Planet Proximus
you have all got to dig deeper and find a true villian. A mastermind who's heart i so black and shrivelled that joy can actually bring them pain. A person who is so isolated and darkened that being around others brings discomfort.

Shooter McGavin

Patrick Bateman - American Pyscho
He is Well Educated and Intelligent. He is 26 and lives his own American Dream...Killing Anyone who pisses him off

Great Movie

Deacon Frost

Disclaimer: My own opinion ahead.

Captain Howdy [aka: The Devil] from The Exorcist. By far the most evil of all villains. Also my pick as to who would kick the crap'o'la out of any other villains.

Originally Posted by moviefan20
I really hate this guy that played in the patriot, he was the leader of those guys who rode around on horses, he was eventually killed in the end by Mel Gibson, he just annoys me to the fullest!!!
That would be Col. William Tavington, as played by Jason Isaacs

My villains list:

Max Cady (Robert de Niro) in Cape Fear
Sean Archer/Castor Troy (John Travolta AND Nicholas Cage) in Face/Off
Commodus (Joaquin Phoenix) in The Gladiator - fantastic performance!

Eating you Since 1984
Originally Posted by Michael_myers
i think that a lot of these people sucked as villians, if anyone deserves the title, then it would have to go to someone not from a movie, the ultimate badass villain, imho, is sephiroth from FFVII
I concur!!

Here's Johnny!
im not sure whether or not people mean actor and their characters or just a villain from a movie. Whatever it is i choose the bad guy sniper from Dirty Harry, he is so CRAZY and DEMENTED its not funny

and any one who says darth vader...........please....

Welcome to the human race...
I've read the whole thread so far and nobody's mentioned Keyser Soze - or, if you want, Verbal Kint from The Usual Suspects. It seemed great that there was this mysterious criminal that was a supposed myth and turned out to be the least likely person imaginable. He's got to be one of my favourites - among others.