My top action films from 2000 - 2015

→ in
Tools    

Hey people.

These are in no particular order. I arranged these in my own preference. Sit back and enjoy.

206. The man of the year

The movie was really well directed, the script and the story were great and very original and the photography and angles were very well done. The actor's were great.

205. Exiled

Johnnie to's exiled is a film at odds with itself. On one hand, it's a stylish, over the top Hong Kong gangster film, on the other it's a melancholy movie about friendship and the past, but for the most part these two sections perfectly compliment each other.

I found the plot somewhat confusing, but it's brilliantly presented with a veteran cast, some amazing action-set pieces and a few moments of inspired direction.

204. Mountain patrol

This strong and raw movie about the true case volunteer mountain patrol running after poachers getting rich by exploiting the Tibetan antelope, and bringing it close to extinction in the process, is the strongest and most moving movie I can remember in a thriller/action genre.

203. King of devil's island

Although in colour, the atmosphere is dark, the skies seldom blue, the woods dark, the walls snowy: it is a moody film, but never let's the tension loosen much.

I found it gripping and intense, building to a smashing final scene: not necessarily conclusive, but totally satisfying. The acting is universally excellent, the underlying music score appropriate without being intrusive.

202. Love exposure

Its a movie which focuses on love, lust, faith etc in an extremely surreal and unique way. I think its a movie about "life" itself. Many things seem crazy in this movie, but I think the real life is no different, we're just used to it. This movie made me re-think life, my life, myself, and question many many things. I think its also a philosophical movie in a way! Lastly, I have to say that the movie is really top notch from almost every aspect, like filming, acting, character development etc. I think there is a lot of philosophy going on behind every little detail that I'm yet to understand this movie fully.

201. Son of rambow

The performances by all the children were exceptional, especially carter who is the movies sparkplug and provides comic relief frequently. As well as Didier the french exchange student who is a text book example of how absurd the whole new wave trends of the day were, his appearances are all wildly amusing.

The movie has a fair amount of quirky animations and dream sequences that offer visual pleasures for the eyes and bring childhood doddles to life.

200. Undisputed 3: redemption

in terms of storyline you won't be able to see a deep love or deep feelings, which is the first positive aspect. It's an action move, it's all about fighting.And i must stay I've never seen anything like that, it's a truly masterpiece, the choreography and skilled athletes really pulled it off..

It's the entrance towards contemporary action films as it takes evertyhing to the next level.. action departmen was a bit snoozy for quite some time and this kind of shake-up was vital to revive this genre. It's one of these films, that's unheard of and not very known out there, therefore you kind of hesitate to watch it because you don't want to waste your time on some crap, but it's certainly not the case. Even the story itself was quite inspiring and interesting, definitely it wasn't just dry fights in the ring, obviously there was a meaning beyond that, which makes it even more interesting to watch

Sorry guys I have lost my listing for this but as soon as I find it I will start up again.

Next (2007)

Cris Johnson (Nicolas Cage) earns a living in a Las Vegas magic act, where the magic is no illusion, he really can see up to two minutes into the future, which has drawn the attention of FBI agent Callie Ferris (Julianne Moore) and she wants him to help foil a plot to detonate a nuclear bomb in the heart of Los Angles. Johnson and his unsuspecting girl (Jessica Biel), who is destined to be in his future, become caught up in race against time that only he can stop.

Despite its flaws, Next becomes a very compelling action thriller, that sees a really good concept play out with style. I found it was great fun to watch, and i particularly enjoyed the way the directors utilised the gift in Cages character; its was pretty original and very cool; so much so that it glossed over any flaws very well

I though I was the only person who ever saw Son of Rambow, Love to see it get some recognition!

Survivor 5s #2 Bitch
202. Love exposure

Its a movie which focuses on love, lust, faith etc in an extremely surreal and unique way. I think its a movie about "life" itself. Many things seem crazy in this movie, but I think the real life is no different, we're just used to it. This movie made me re-think life, my life, myself, and question many many things. I think its also a philosophical movie in a way! Lastly, I have to say that the movie is really top notch from almost every aspect, like filming, acting, character development etc. I think there is a lot of philosophy going on behind every little detail that I'm yet to understand this movie fully.
Undoubtedly one of the greatest films ever made, I can't believe how it's totally gone under the radar since its release! Like you, it made me question a lot of aspects within my life, and was so powerfully emotive that's it's stuck with me ever since! I think about it quite a lot!