WWI TV mini-series/ movie

Tools    

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
This film/mini-series popped into my head when trying to think of films to recommend Skepsis for his thesis thread, but I couldn't remember the title or, unfortunately, any of the actors to be able to find it.

It was set shortly after World War I, I believe the main characters were a soldier who lost his memory (possibly due to shellshock) and a woman with whom he had a relationship.

In the end
WARNING: "spoilers" spoilers below
I think she died of influenza and he drowned himself in the sea. It was definitely a sad ending.

It was on British TV, possibly ITV, either a TV movie or a short series, some time in the mid to late 90s or early 2000s. It had TV actors in it. I think the man was blond or ginger and the woman had dark hair but I'm not positive.

A Farewell To Arms has the man escaping by jumping into a river and the woman dying from childbirth. It is a sad movie.

I never could get the hang of Thursdays.
Sorry, only just saw your response. Thanks for the suggestion but I don't think this is it.

Actually, after some more searching, I think it might be The Unknown Soldier. I can't be sure, some details don't fit with what I remember, and it's possible I was remembering it wrong or mixing up two different films.