Captain America: Civil War is the greatest movies marvel ever did.

Tools    

The Punisher: War Zone IMO, unless you're talking strictly MCU.

If we are talking about ALL Marvel properties, then Spider-Man 1 and Spider-Man 2 (The Raimi versions) have to be the two best. They are more than just superhero films, in a similar way to TDK trilogy, in that they have emotional scenes and really engaging characters who you care about.
If you are just referring to the 'MCU', then Civil War, the Winter Soldier and Guardians are my favourites.

But lets be real here, Civil War will never be able to live up to the absolute Marvel masterpiece that is, Howard The Duck, clearly it is the superior picture. The difference in effects alone should prove it. Forget the Black Panther cgi, look at this totally realistic and believable duck puppet.

Howard the duck is one of the best Marvel film ever made I truly recommend it to anyone who hasn't seen.

Nah, that distinction belongs to Gaurdians. Civil War is too much of a mixed bag. It's an improvement over Age of Ultron for sure but that's not exactly a ringing endorsement. I can't believe so many people were suckered in by it's emotionally manipulative plot they totally excuse the film's glaring flaws. Or maybe my rose tinted glasses are just broken.

Movie Forums Member
Civil War surely was a great movie but if Iron Man and it's sequel is counted in, It's the best Marvel did according to me though.

You can Call me Ramit as it is my real name.

Movie Forums Squirrel Jumper
I saw the movie. It was kind of good, kind of not, kind of a mixed bag. I like a lot of stuff in it, but I feel that the Spider-man subplot just came out of nowhere, without establishing why Tony even thought Spider-man would be a good recruit since he's such an impulsive hot head. I just didn't buy it, and there was no introduction to this new Spider-man character. And then he's just done and they continue one with the rest of the story. I feel like he should have been cut completely.

Another part that sticks out like a sore thumb is when Tony goes to see Sam, when Sam is behind bars. Sam says to him "you're going to have to go Mark Furhman to get anything out of me".

I'm thinking what the heck is that suppose to mean? Is because Sam is black, that the filmmakers are trying to make some sort of a racial/political statement by making a reference to something that happened in America, concerning Mark Furhman, all way back in 1995? I'm thinking jeez, if that's the case. So this took me out of the movie as well, but a lot of people like this movie, so perhaps the statement was justified then, and I'm just not seeing it maybe?

But other than these two things I felt the movie was kind of solid really, just a couple of odd sections that took me out, giving me a mixed opinion of it. I do think that The Winter Soldier is the best Captain America movie still.

I saw the movie. It was kind of good, kind of not, kind of a mixed bag. I like a lot of stuff in it, but I feel that the Spider-man subplot just came out of nowhere, without establishing why Tony even thought Spider-man would be a good recruit since he's such an impulsive hot head. I just didn't buy it, and there was no introduction to this new Spider-man character. And then he's just done and they continue one with the rest of the story. I feel like he should have been cut completely.

Tony didn't know Peter at all.
He doesn't know what kind of person he is, what his personality is. All he knows, is what he's learned through his research... that this incredible being he's witnessed on YouTube is obviously looking out for the public and has some incredible powers, and then put some research into who this person is.
Tony even refers to him as "Spiderling" and asks if Peter makes the webbing himself.
Tony knows next to nothing about Peter/Spidey. All he knows is that Peter is Spidey (which would be easy for Tony to discover considering he has highly advanced tools at his disposal).

What Tony was after, was testing this new kid to see what he was like, if he was genuine, and if he had the gall to be a genuine, selfless hero.

This was shown quite clearly in the movie through dialogue and the scene when Tony met Peter for the first time.

As for the actual inclusion, it was simply a window into the MCU for Spider-Man as the filmmakers didn't want to go down yet another origins story after the audiences have had 2 already within the past 15 years... and at the same time was a character with genuine powers that Tony could use in the fight against Captain America's team.

Tony didn't know Peter at all.
He doesn't know what kind of person he is, what his personality is. All he knows, is what he's learned through his research... that this incredible being he's witnessed on YouTube is obviously looking out for the public and has some incredible powers, and then put some research into who this person is.
Tony even refers to him as "Spiderling" and asks if Peter makes the webbing himself.
Tony knows next to nothing about Peter/Spidey. All he knows is that Peter is Spidey (which would be easy for Tony to discover considering he has highly advanced tools at his disposal).
This was shown quite clearly in the movie through dialogue and the scene when Tony met Peter for the first time.

As for the actual inclusion, it was simply a window into the MCU for Spider-Man as the filmmakers didn't want to go down yet another origins story after the audiences have had 2 already within the past 15 years... and at the same time was a character with genuine powers that Tony could use in the fight against Captain America's team.
Okay I can see Tony taking a risk in that case, but in five minutes of talking to Spider-man why wasn't he able to figure out that he was too impulsive and hot headed, after he met him for a while?

I think maybe the reason why it felt off is that Spider-man should be more on the serious and frustrated side after the death of Uncle Ben at all, and this Spider-man is just way too happy and enthusiastic for a crime fighting vigilante, it seems. So if you are going to make him that way, compared to the previous ones, perhaps some more background is in order maybe?

Okay I can see Tony taking a risk in that case, but in five minutes of talking to Spider-man why wasn't he able to figure out that he was too impulsive and hot headed, after he met him for a while?

This is another question that can be answered by simply watching the movie.

He meets Peter, they have a conversation, Peter explains he's looking out for his neighbourhood, keeping an eye on the little people.
He explains that he doesn't play sports with his new powers. He couldn't play sports before, so why should he start now?
Peter clearly shows that while he's only 15 and is still a little immature... he still has wisdom and responsibility with these new powers, and Tony respects that.

When Peter's in the suit, as Spider-Man, he's confident and maybe a little impulsive... but Tony can see that Peter as a person is a kind and caring and intelligent young man.
Tony knows that Peter will need some guidance, but he's happy with the kind of mentality that Peter has.
Peter's not a total ******* who is egotistical or a show-off.

After the fight at the airport, Tony then tells Peter to go home.
The fight is done, they've all taken a few hits, and Peter is now done in the fight and Tony tells him so.

Do you actually watch these movies you ask questions about, IP?

Yeah I watched it. It's just there wasn't any build up to it, and all of a sudden Tony is a Peter Parker's place, so I guess I felt there could have been a built up as to how Tony saw Peter on TV, and maybe showed more instead of just telling in dialogue after they met I guess. But I guess if it works, it works

I completely agree that the Civil War is the best Marvel movie till date. But there are Iron Man movies also that are worth watching according to me.