Jason Bourne (2016)

Tools    

Action, Thriller

Release Date: 29 July 2016

Director: Paul Greengrass
Writers: Paul Greengrass, Matt Damon, Christopher Rouse
Starring: Matt Damon, Alicia Vikander, Tommy Lee Jones, Julia Stiles, Vincent Cassel

Trailer #1:

TV Spot #1:

I have to return some videotapes...
I'm really pumped for this movie, even though the spot didn't hit me as well as I thought it should. I love Supremacy so much and think its probably in my top three action movies of the 21st century.

I thought The Bourne Ultimatum was the best.
Funny, I find that to be the worst of the trilogy, still good though.

Bourne is one of the rare franchises where every film in the trilogy is great. Hopefully this movie doesn't pull a crystal skull and drag the franchise down.

But I don't think it will. I'm excited to see what they do with it.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Funny, I find that to be the worst of the trilogy, still good though.
I'm with you. I found Supremacy to be by far the best, Ultimatum was getting boring with Bourne yet again regaining memories and being hunted by the CIA.

Ultimatum does have the best sequence though I think, the terrific Tangiers rooftop chase and culminating fight.

I hope they do something different here, like Bourne becomes hunter or actually works for the CIA.

I'm with you. I found Supremacy to be by far the best, Ultimatum was getting boring with Bourne yet again regaining memories and being hunted by the CIA.

Ultimatum does have the best sequence though I think, the terrific Tangiers rooftop chase and culminating fight.

I hope they do something different here, like Bourne becomes hunter or actually works for the CIA.
I agree with everything said here, what I loved so much about Supremacy is that we got to know Bourne more than any movie and the themes were so rich. The ending is brilliant and it's so beautifully shot.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Big disappointment! Every scene was literally a rehash of what we've seen before, even the exact same phrases "jesus Christ that's Jason Bourne" sigh.The same movie has now been made 3-4 times for god sake, Bourne remembers something from even farther back in his past and sets out to solve it, whilst right on cue we have 3 predictable action/chase sequences beginning, middle and end like a Terminator movie, Vincent Castel may as well have been a terminator for how few lines and how wooden he is.

This movie is about 5-6 years too late and the story too similar, the whole memory thing then getting hunted by the CIA has been done to death. Would prefer they left it alone rather than do this, Paul Greengrass feels like a director out of ideas. Sad too see one of my favourite movie characters in a movie like this.

5/10

Really good addition to Bourne franchise. Sure, nothing ground breaking, but I'm fine with good movies framed in old formulas. Athens chase is one of the most memorable scenes this year. Ending was slight disappointment though because of over the top chase and more importantly how Vikander's character relationship with Bourne ended. Otherwise it was exciting flick. 7/10

Welcome to the human race...
What I want to know now is whether or not this will make people re-evaluate Bourne Legacy. At least that had some decent ideas in it that made it more than just a straight rehash.

I do not like any of the movies in this series. I just can't believe they are still going with it.

What I want to know now is whether or not this will make people re-evaluate Bourne Legacy. At least that had some decent ideas in it that made it more than just a straight rehash.
Never checked it out because it felt like cash grab. Also, I heard so many mixed things about it.

I kind of feel like I have to check it out now though. Thought that just after I finished Jason Bourne.

Welcome to the human race...
Never checked it out because it felt like cash grab. Also, I heard so many mixed things about it.

I kind of feel like I have to check it out now though. Thought that just after I finished Jason Bourne.
Yeah, I caught it during its original theatrical run (at the time I'd only seen Identity) and, while I wasn't blown away, I didn't hate it either. As you know, I revisited all the Bournes in the lead-up to the latest one and I thought Legacy held up well enough a second time around - as noted, it at least tried something different and managed to get a plot with some drive going by introducing the whole drug-based plot that created good conflict and stakes. I'll be interested in seeing your take on it.