The 1980s - As seen through the eyes of JayDee

→ in
Tools    

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Also Excalibur and A Fish Called Wanda (and Dragonslayer, Clash of the Titans, etc.), but hey, it's not my decade.

How come people, especially kids, aren't bothered by the immortality of The Muppets? They're like vampires -- they never age. Statler and Waldorf should be dead and the rest of the Muppets -- Miss Piggy, Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo, Animal and the gang -- they should be the senior citizens now.

I can understand the ridiculousness of cartoon characters never aging, but The Muppets aren't cartoons. They strut around in the real world and actually try to pass like they're real people living in our reality. Yet they NEVER GET OLD. There's something kind of disturbing about it, like they're immortal vampires or something. Or they have the secret to the fountain of youth. They've all been to see Isabella Rossellini in Death Becomes Her.

We're gonna be 90 years old one day, and those damn Muppets will still be sashaying around the place acting like they're, I dunno, 30. They've been between the ages of 20-30 forever.

We're gonna be 90 years old one day, and those damn Muppets will still be sashaying around the place acting like they're, I dunno, 30. They've been between the ages of 20-30 forever.

Except for these two who will never die like Master Roshi from DBZ.

I'll care when I'm old. When I'm 100 and I see Miss Piggy in a brand new movie acting like a sex kitten in her 20's, I'm gonna be very disturbed by what I'm seeing.

If I have to die, that bitch should have to die, too!

I'll care when I'm old. When I'm 100 and I see Miss Piggy in a brand new movie acting like a sex kitten in her 20's, I'm gonna be very disturbed by what I'm seeing.
And will still be trying to jump Kermit's bones...

I can understand their weird sexual fetishes, but I do not understand why they should live and be young forever.

As opposed to Gonzo wanting to f**k chickens?
No, that's equally disturbing. But Kermit and Miss Piggy had already been mentioned and are better known than Gonzo and his avian fetish.