Your Most Anticipated Superhero Movies of 2014?

Tools    

Your Most Anticipated Superhero Movie of 2014
16.13%
5 votes
Captain America: The Winter Soldier
16.13%
5 votes
The Amazing Spider-Man 2
38.71%
12 votes
X-Men: Days of Future Past
29.03%
9 votes
Guardians of the Galaxy
31 votes. You may not vote on this poll

Miss Vicky's Loyal and Willing Slave
2014 is set to be another big year at the cinema when it comes to the superhero movie, certainly as far as Marvel is concerned with 4 of their franchises hitting the big screen.

Now that the first trailer for Guardians of the Galaxy has been released which of the four is your most anticipated? Oh and I left the new Ninja Turtles film out as their is so far no footage of it, and I doubt anyone would be voting for it anyway!

So let's look at the films battling for your attention

Captain America: The Winter Soldier (March 28th - UK, April 4th - US)

Two years after the events of The Avengers, Steve Rogers resides peacefully in Washington, D.C., struggling to adapt to contemporary society. However, after a S.H.I.E.L.D. compatriot is assailed, Rogers becomes entangled in a mystery that may endanger the globe. Together with Natasha Romanoff, Captain America attempts to uncover the growing machination while fending off hired hit men. When the entire scheme is discovered, Captain America and the Black Widow must recruit the aid of the Falcon and soon encounter an unanticipated and powerful adversary — the Winter Soldier.

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (April 18th - UK, May 2nd - USA)

Peter Parker continues to struggle with balancing his life as a high school student, and his responsibilities as Spider-Man. When Peter begins to investigate more about his father's past, thanks to the help of his friend Harry Osborn, he begins to realize that the new threats of Electro and the Rhino all have one thing in common: OsCorp

X-Men: Days of Future Past (May 22nd)

The X-Men ensemble fights a war for the survival of the species across two time periods in X-Men: Days of Future Past. The characters from the original X-Men film trilogy join forces with their younger selves from X-Men: First Class in a battle that must change the past – to save their future

Guardians of the Galaxy (August 1st)

In the far reaches of space, an American pilot named Peter Quill finds himself the object of a manhunt after stealing an orb coveted by the villainous Ronan. In order to evade Ronan, Quill is forced into an uneasy truce with a group of misfits including Gamora, Rocket Raccoon, Drax the Destroyer and Groot. But when Quill discovers the true power of the orb and the menace it poses to the cosmos, he must rally his ragtag rivals for a last, desperate stand — with the galaxy’s fate in the balance.

For me it's a really tough choice, with all four offering some degree of interest for me. Days of Future Past looks set to be the most epic superhero film yet; it could be amazing or with so much to cram in there's a chance it could be a mess. I'm loving what I've heard about Winter Soldier and what I've seen in the trailer, and think it could be the real dark horse in terms of superhero movies both this year and in Marvel's Phase 2. As a fan of the first reboot I'm really looking forward to Amazing Spider-Man 2 and loved its trailer, plus I'm just a huge Spidey fanboy. And then there's the real unknown of the bunch - Guardians of the Galaxy. In a way that's the one I'm most intrigued by just because it's so different to anything we have previously seen emerge from the comic book pages. I really think it could go either way, either resulting in Marvel's first bust or being an absolute pulpy blast and perhaps the year's most deliriously entertaining film.

I think that any one of these four could conceivably come out on top as the best of the bunch with Days of Future Past probably in prime position. However the huge Spider-Man fanboy in me means that's where my vote went.

The Bib-iest of Nickels
I am excited for both X-Men: Days of Future Past and The Amazing Spider-Man, but I have a feeling that X-Men will be head and shoulders the better movie. Everything feels right with it for the first time since X-Men 2, not to say that Amazing won't be a drastic improvement over the first, but I feel like it's a safer bet.

As for Guardians and Captain, both look good, Captain looks really good, but judging from the first Captain America, I find it hard to get excited.

Answer: None of the above.

I don't generally anticipate super hero movies, unless by that you mean "anticipate that I'm not going to like it." In that case it's all of the above.

Chappie doesn't like the real world
I voted for Spider Man, but I'm also really looking forward to the X-Men. I didn't care for the first Captain America much on first viewing, but liked it a bit more on the next viewing, so I'm going into the second one with an open mind.

I am torn between Captain America and Guardians of the Galaxy. On one hand it is the sequel to the first Captain America movie which was awesome. But with that I know what to expect.

Then you have Guardians of the Galaxy which deals with characters I know very little of, but given the trailer I get the feeling this movie may resemble Firefly in more ways then one. Which I am all for.

So I am going to have to go with Guardians of the Galaxy given the more I do not know, the more I want to see it.

Tough one would probably have to say Spiderman believe it or not... i used to love the Xmen but i fear it has been a tad overdone now

The Bib-iest of Nickels
Tough one would probably have to say Spiderman believe it or not... i used to love the Xmen but i fear it has been a tad overdone now
I was thinking that a lot myself, however, I have started to take it more as a comic-story by comic-story approach, The Wolverine and it's eventual sequel are and will be based on different comics. If I look at it this way, it makes it easier to appreciate. Also, I believe X-Men: First Class breathed new life into the series after X-Men 3 and Origins kind-of dampened it.

I plan on watching all of these at some point. Marvel is just dominating the market right now.

But if I could only watch one of these in the theatre, it would probably be The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (X-Men a close second). The trailer just makes it look so good, and I'm a Spider-Man fanboy, so please invite me to the club, JayDee.
Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, that's a straw, you see? You watching?. And my straw reaches acroooooooss the room, and starts to drink your milkshake... I... drink... your... milkshake!
-Daniel, There Will Be Blood

Must be doin sumthin right
There have been too many samey superhero movies the last ten years to get excited for any more samey superhero movies. GotG is a change of pace, at least, and I thought Gunn's first two movies had a good sense of humor.

I can only pick one?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

there's only one of these i'm gonna see, and it's pretty much bc of these two below... although i see this movie also has Peter Dinklage and a few others. should be a fun time

Young Skywalker. Missed you, I have...
I really enjoyed the first Captain America and am looking forward to the next the most. Second in line would be Amazing Spiderman 2 followed VERY closely or tied with X-Men and then Guardians.