The trick is not minding
update! My progress so far!

Main Challenge  

Nightmare Mode  
[/quote]

Okay then, no problem.

Where’s everyone’s updates?!
Show meeeeee
I have like . . . ground to a halt. This school year is kicking my butt just two weeks in, and my attention span is shot.

I believe I need to watch 34 more films to finish the challenge, which is not awful since I basically have 3.5 months left in the year. I'm almost done with the 2019 best picture nominees (which is going slowly because I get them on DVD from Netflix).

I'm kind of frustrated because the Studio Ghibli films and Disney stuff is all locked into streaming services that I don't have (Disney+ and HBO Max). The Aristocats is literally the only "classic Disney" I haven't seen, and I can't bring myself to spend $3 to rent if from Amazon. I'm hoping I might be able to get it from the library.

I need to see 5 more of Ebert's Great Films, 5 more Robert Pattinson films (he's my chosen actor), all 10 of the films by the same director (YIKES), and 7 more Japanese films. I have four stragglers from various other categories.

You should be able to knock those out time provided, of course.
I’m now at 12 for normal mode and 33 for nightmare mode.
I'm trying not to be too stressed about it, LOL. When I'm given any kind of to-do or checklist I tend to feel very anxious until it's done.

I'm about 1/3 of the way into La Ronde, and I'll have JoJo Rabbit from Netflix in a few days. My goal is to try and do at least 1-2 films each week.

Also answers to Jabba
I have been regularly updating my list on the 2nd page of the thread. I have yet to watch 1 film for the main challenge and 23 from nightmare mode. Most of them are 2020 releases and Fellini films.

The trick is not minding
I have been regularly updating my list on the 2nd page of the thread. I have yet to watch 1 film for the main challenge and 23 from nightmare mode. Most of them are 2020 releases and Fellini films.
Ah, didn’t realize that. Well, going to take a look myself then.

The trick is not minding
Well, looks like I won’t be able to finish this. I have two theatres near me I had been waiting to reopen, and one just announced it was permanently shutting down, and the other is owned by Regal and had yet to reopen. After the recents news concerning Regal, it doesn’t look good.
Not anyone’s fault.
Jabs, for next year, please leave “see a film in the theatre” off.
The nearest one to me I have located is more then 30 mins away sadly.

Well, looks like I won’t be able to finish this. I have two theatres near me I had been waiting to reopen, and one just announced it was permanently shutting down, and the other is owned by Regal and had yet to reopen. After the recents news concerning Regal, it doesn’t look good.
Not anyone’s fault.
Jabs, for next year, please leave “see a film in the theatre” off.
The nearest one to me I have located is more then 30 mins away sadly.
I don't think that anyone should be going to the theater right now (at least in the USA, where I am). I just happened to go see The Invisible Man back in February, or else I'd be out of luck on that category as well.

I think that category should be considered optional at this point. Or maybe renting a home release film could count? The category says "a film in theaters". It doesn't say YOU have to be in the theater. For example, Unhinged is in theaters right now, but you could also buy it from Vudu.

As someone who hates an incomplete checklist, I will find you each and every loophole so that you can check that box!

The trick is not minding
I don't think that anyone should be going to the theater right now (at least in the USA, where I am). I just happened to go see The Invisible Man back in February, or else I'd be out of luck on that category as well.

I think that category should be considered optional at this point. Or maybe renting a home release film could count? The category says "a film in theaters". It doesn't say YOU have to be in the theater. For example, Unhinged is in theaters right now, but you could also buy it from Vudu.

As someone who hates an incomplete checklist, I will find you each and every loophole so that you can check that box!

I took it literal. Haha. But yes, I do have 3 months to go, so I may be able to hit one up at some point.
I have 30 films to do in nightmare mode and 10 in normal. So it is possible I could finish it.

Accepted this challenge.

The trick is not minding
Rounding the corner on this, as I make a final push to complete both. Looking forward to the next one!
I’ll have an update soon on my progress.

The trick is not minding
Wasn’t there a link provided to watch films for Cinema of Transgression in here? I can’t seem to locate it now and was hoping to knock that out tonight.
Jabs?

Wasn’t there a link provided to watch films for Cinema of Transgression in here? I can’t seem to locate it now and was hoping to knock that out tonight.
Jabs?
Many of them are easily available on YouTube, which is how I watched the one I did.

EDIT: Where Evil Dwells

Ugh. I can already tell this is going to bad. I can’t even understand what the damn dummy is saying
It's not the best thing, but it has three positives going for it:

1) The suspense built during the roller coaster sequence

2) The effectiveness of the murder sequence, despite the effects not being the best

3) It's only 28 minutes long.

The trick is not minding
It's not the best thing, but it has three positives going for it:

1) The suspense built during the roller coaster sequence

2) The effectiveness of the murder sequence, despite the effects not being the best

3) It's only 28 minutes long.
I agree with 3 and will add that it finally crosses off another category.
That leaves 5 in normal and 13 in Nightmare. Should have nightmare finished before Christmas.
Normal mode will require a trip to the theater, which is 30 mins away. Saving that trip for when Wonder Woman 1984 is released.