Rocky spin-off, "Creed"

Tools    

\m/ Fade To Black \m/
My favorite Rocky has to be, Rocky IV with Ivan Drago.

'If he dies, he dies!'

On the outside looking in.
You are alone on that one.

IMO the best Rockys were 1, then 3, then 6, and then 2.
4 I enjoyed at the time (I was young and unwise!) but it was true schlock, and I was disappointed with 5.

Im interested in this Creed idea. It would be really key that they cast someone that can talk the talk like Carl Weathers did. The exchanges between Rocky, and a young Creed type has great possibilities. If writted and directed well it should deliver.
Stallone isn't writing or directing, so take that as you will.

On the outside looking in.
YAWNOSZ.

It was boring. It put me to sleep. It may have been a "Valentine" -- but seriously, who gives a crap about Valentine's Day? You can have a romantic date anytime you'd like. I don't want a Valentine. I want a f**king good Rocky movie! Rocky Balboa was dark, dreary, damp, depressing and void (I couldn't think of another D word). Seriously, anytime I think of Rocky Balboa, I just think about how dark that movie is -- not in tone, in APPEARANCE! The film needs a f**king flashlight.
I'm guessing the original ROCKY bores you as well -- it's quite slow compared to the other films.

I'm guessing the original ROCKY bores you as well -- it's quite slow compared to the other films.
Well, to be honest... it took some time to get into the first movie. But I like it a lot now. However, I really like Rocky II (I have this weird issue with liking part 2's of a franchise more than the original for some reason) and Rocky III. I admit I'm more into fast paced, action, adrenaline type pictures. Not... SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWW.

But, as far as love stories go, Rocky, with Rocky and Adrian, is one of the best. Rocky Balboa, though... I mean... how much of a love story can it really be when one of them is dead? I'm sorry, but Talia Shire is alive and well and just wasn't included in the movie. I get it's because for story purposes, and I'm fine with that, but I just don't think it was pulled off well. I find that Little Marie character to be a usurper. The whole thing feels like a homeless mess. And really -- how wussy. How cheap. They couldn't think of a good idea that involved Adrian alive? This idea with Rocky training Apollo Creed's grandson could have worked. Why does it have to be all sad sacked and guarantee tears with the idea of Adrian dying? I get that spouses die - I really do - and it's not a bad idea to see Rocky deal with that issue. But I also can't help but think... this is f**king Rocky. I wanna see a happy, exciting finish to the Rocky franchise. We HAD depressing in Rocky V with them losing their money. Now we have to watch Rocky lose Adrian? I wanted Rocky the champ and I would have liked Adrian there again. Not that irritating Little Marie. The fact that Rocky was such a beautiful love story between Rocky and Adrian only makes me want to see more Rocky and Adrian.

I need to watch the film again, but I mean, everytime I have in the past, I've always felt like it was off. I never have the desire to watch it as much as the other films.

Yes! Not the biggest Rocky guy but this Ryan Coogler dude is uber talented. Wrote and directed it, Got Sly's blessing. That's why I think it's going be really good. Coogler isn't even 30 yet. Cool new voice in cinema. Anyone who writes and directs their own flicks gets my automatic attention, especially when they are good.

Curious if this hits big, I wonder if Marvel will go after him for Black Panther. Wonder if he will keep on the path have doing his own thing or try a blockbuster. Would make a lot of sense for them to go after him.

101 Favorite Movies (2019)

The trailer looks promising. I predict a whole bunch of Award nominations, particularly for Coogler's writing and directing.

Stallone taking the backseat this time around is an interesting concept.

I'm shocked at the reviews Creed is getting. Looking forward to checking it out.

From Wiki:

Creed has received critical acclaim.[29] On Rotten Tomatoes, the film has a rating of 92%, based on 127 reviews, with an average rating of 7.9/10. The site's consensus reads, "Creed brings the Rocky franchise off the mat for a surprisingly effective seventh round that extends the boxer's saga in interesting new directions while staying true to its classic predecessors' roots."[30] On Metacritic, the film has a score of 81 out of 100, based on 36 critics, indicating "universal acclaim".[31]

A.V. Wire* '​s Herman Dhaliwal gave the film a very positive review and said "I will say the film was everything I could have ever wanted and then some. It’s a film that could have gone so wrong in so many ways so easily, but the results show something that is genuine and inspired. It takes the smartest possible routes with the story it wants to tell and delivers in basically every way it needed to. Ryan Coogler cements himself as one of the best rising filmmakers working today, as he crafts an emotional, funny, compelling and uplifting film that is full of strong performances."[32] Andrew Barker of Variety stated that the film lives up to the expectation of its predecessors while forging its own unique path. He also appreciated the performances of Sylvester Stallone and Michael B. Jordan saying that Stallone deserves credit for taking a chance on young director Coogler, and that his trust has really paid off. He concluded that the director "offered a smart, kinetic, exhilaratingly well-crafted piece of mainstream filmmaking".[33]

Edgar Allan Poe

Reading the posts from 2013 is funny. Lots of people were hating on the idea. Now it seems to be a classic. I think it worked: A.) because Coogler is a talented dude and B.) The inception of it came from the right place. Wasn't a studio trying to resurrect a dying franchise to milk the last dime out of it. It was a passion project but a talented dude. Now it seems like they have a few sequels on their hands. Amazing what happens when the intentions for making a movie are pure.

It was really good but hardly one of the best of all time.