Warner Brothers heeds your requests

Tools    

This ties in with so many threads in here that I decided just to mention it on it's own.

I got a call at work today from a VP at Warner Brothers to thank me for the HUGE DVD request list that I've been sending in. He wanted to let me and all of you know that every single request for a Warner Brothers title whether it is TV or Movie release is going into production. So basically, any Warner series or movie that I forwarded from this site will hit shelves by the years end. This would also include our other studios owned by Warner like HBO and New Line.

He also told me that Friends will be released in this country in a season-by-season box set. He said your requests for any series to be released in airdate order has prompted Warner to comply. Therefore, any series that Warner will release in the future will be in airdate order.

He hung up saying that he wished he could encourage each of you to keep the suggestions coming because if Warner Brothers is listening, so is everyone else.

Well done everyone and thanks.

Movie-Fever.com | New! Movie Fever Forums

Hey Laurie does that apply to the hanna barbera cartoons I suggested since they're owned by warner bros? cuz that would be awesome.

He did mention some cartoons, like Looney Tunes, Scooby-Doo, Flintstones...I can find out for sure if all Warner Brothers cartoons are included in the future.

Female assassin extraordinaire.
coolness! too bad they don't have control of the X-Files. i want to own that entire series by airdate order ...

This is fabulous! Even though things are picking up, this is, by most forum standards, a fairly small board. It's amazing that we've been given this kind of power!

Thanks Laurie!

I have a request for Warner Bros.....clamshells. Lol!
I just bought Body Snatchers, it's a remake of the classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers and it's in one of those funky side flap cases with a cardboard cover.

Oh, speaking of cases. I like the way the Toy Story 2 pack is cased. It's much better to have two discs like that than having two movies on one dvd like with Contact and Contact 2. I vote for the 2 pack.

-----------------------------
Laurie rules! (Lol, like my new signature line?)

TH - X-Files season 2 and 3 are coming out this year. Fox has said they want the whole series on DVD before the final episode is shot so that they can do some kind of special finale episode release on disc.

Sun - LOL. Cute sig. Warner will probably never put their DVDs in clamshells mainly because the company is cheap. LOL. Trust me, they sign my paychecks. Plus, it's easy for consumers to locate a Warner Brothers title on shelves when the cases are different. At least that's the company policy version of "We're cheap!".

Chris - I think the main reason studios are paying attention to the comments in this forum is because it's such a wide consumer base. There are both men and women or all ages from all over the country and overseas. This is the ideal question pool...even moreso because of the smaller size.

Clam shell vs keep case.. Well if your like me you keep getting those pesky AOL disk in the mail. Funny thing is the last few have been in a DVD style clam case...

I threw out the AOL cd and put some promotional DVD's I had recieved without a case in them...

Maybe you could ask AOL for a new disk...
John 3:16

What? When I heard this I thought OG was confused I didn't want to say anything. Aol is giving out dvd cases???
I bought Freeway from someone online 'cause I think Reese Witherspoon is a sweetie cutie pie and it was in a regular cd case. I hate that. Hmmm..

Yep. AOL puts their trial version CDs in those clamshell cases when they send them out sometimes. I've gotten at least two that way. My mail carriers must be rough on my mail, though, because both AOL cases have come broken (the little peg thingys that hold the CD in place were broken off in places).