RIP, Kirk Douglas

Tools    

Awwwww bless.
Requiescat in pace Spartacus!

Unfortunately there isn't a really good copy of this up online anywhere, but this is an animated short featuring Frank Gorshin's legendary impression of Kirk Douglas (x3). "The Big Story" (1994, David Stoten & Tim Watts)

"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Wow, did not know this. R.I.P.

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Paths of Glory

Spoiler Alert!

Sad to hear of this, although he did have a good long innings. So many of his movies were definitive for their era - Champion, Lust For Life, Paths of Glory, Heroes of Telemark, Spartacus etc. Personally, one of the first trips ever to the cinema was for Man From Snowy River, which was a big deal in the early 80's in Australia.

Aside from that, he did help break the Blacklist of the 50's, however read a biography of him quite a few years ago now, and ever since never quite able to think of him without thinking about the disappearance of Jean Spangler, such a noir-esque mystery that surprised noone has ever made into a film.

Anyhow, thanks for the memories.

Rest in peace.

You mean me? Kei's cousin?
Rest in peace. He was a legend who will certainly be missed. I'll always remember him fondly as Captain Matthew Yelland in The Final Countdown.

Interesting to see Natalie Wood is “trending” over him on Twitter though, for reasons I did not know until today.

Interesting to see Natalie Wood is “trending” over him on Twitter though, for reasons I did not know until today.

The book I read years ago nevder mentioned Natalie Wood. It talked quite a bit about Jean Spangler, but not Natalie Wood. So just googled to see what you were talking about... wow! If this is true about what he did here, it really opens the door more. Maybe now that he is dead there may be a few other skeletons might emerge