Ðèstîñy's Thread!

Tools    

These are put together perfectly. The people making them, sure do have a lot of spare time on their hands.

Dancing at the Movies ~ Footloose

Thanks for listing the movie titles on this one.

Has anyone ever repaired a Zune, or any other type of MP3 player? Say, replacing the battery, or the hard drive. Anyone? Anyone? I'm not sure if I should dare to spend money on a hard drive, or just buy a new MP3 player. I freakin' love my Zune, but they a extremely expensive to buy these days. My battery actually swelled/popped in mine. It didn't leak anything, and even though it popped the Zune open, when the battery swelled, the thing still worked for quite a few more weeks. The battery slowly died, though. I've had the battery changed, but now it's saying that the hard drive is messed up. That may have happened when the battery was replaced. The hard drives are super simple to replace. Too bad the battery wasn't.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
Has anyone ever repaired a Zune, or any other type of MP3 player? Say, replacing the battery, or the hard drive. Anyone? Anyone? I'm not sure if I should dare to spend money on a hard drive, or just buy a new MP3 player. I freakin' love my Zune, but they a extremely expensive to buy these days. My battery actually swelled/popped in mine. It didn't leak anything, and even though it popped the Zune open, when the battery swelled, the thing still worked for quite a few more weeks. The battery slowly died, though. I've had the battery changed, but now it's saying that the hard drive is messed up. That may have happened when the battery was replaced. The hard drives are super simple to replace. Too bad the battery wasn't.

I don't know what makes the Zune better (or worse) than any other mp3 player, but if it can't be repaired and you're not set on getting another Zune, (if they even still make them), there's a cheaper way to replace your mp3 player.

You can buy a low-end "prepaid" cell phone, like an AT&T Go Phone, and use it as an mp3 player. Just do NOT put any cell phone plan on it, and you can use it anywhere that has free wi-fi to download a free mp3 player program, and add your mp3 files on a micro SD card. You can also use it for some free games and apps too. Many programs only need the wi-fi for the initial download, and then you can use it as a stand-alone mp3 player.

I bought a Samsung Go Phone on sale for $49.99, and I added a 32 GB micro SD card ($8.99) for my music files. I also downloaded a Solitaire game, and a couple of other small games, and a few apps for discounts at fast food restaurants, (McD's, 7-11, etc.), and I've been very happy with it. I also use a free weather app that updates whenever I go somewhere that has wi-fi, and a free alarm clock app that uses my mp3 files for the alarm. I was even able to customize it with my favorite picture as a background image.

As long as you don't set up the phone part of it, there's no monthly charge.

Thank you so much. I figured there wouldn't be anyone here that knew about this. I don't ever see this topic up, and I think I'm the only one to ever discuss a Zune. I love your idea, though, and will for sure give it a go. Thanks again, little lady.

You can buy a low-end "prepaid" cell phone, like an AT&T Go Phone, and use it as an mp3 player. Just do NOT put any cell phone plan on it, and you can use it anywhere that has free wi-fi to download a free mp3 player program, and add your mp3 files on a micro SD card. You can also use it for some free games and apps too. Many programs only need the wi-fi for the initial download, and then you can use it as a stand-alone mp3 player.
What free MP3 player program did you use? I have an iPhone. It was my sister's last phone. When I put it on my computer, it wanted to set up my music using iTunes, but I've never cared for that. What do you think about it?

I bought a Samsung Go Phone on sale for $49.99, and I added a 32 GB micro SD card ($8.99) for my music files. I also downloaded a Solitaire game, and a couple of other small games, and a few apps for discounts at fast food restaurants, (McD's, 7-11, etc.), and I've been very happy with it. I also use a free weather app that updates whenever I go somewhere that has wi-fi, and a free alarm clock app that uses my mp3 files for the alarm. I was even able to customize it with my favorite picture as a background image.
I'm not up on all this stuff, so I have no idea how those SD cards work.

You can't make a rainbow without a little rain.
What free MP3 player program did you use? I have an iPhone. It was my sister's last phone. When I put it on my computer, it wanted to set up my music using iTunes, but I've never cared for that. What do you think about it?
Hi Ðèstîñy. I'm glad to see you're back. I hope everything's okay.

I use the free version of JetAudio. They have a paid version too, but I haven't tried it so I don't know what the differences are between the two versions. I'd recommend trying the free version first, and then you can always upgrade to the paid version later if you feel that you need more features, but the free version has a lot of great features.

I don't have an iPhone specifically because I don't want to be forced to use iTunes. I don't know if other programs will work on an iPhone or not, but you can check to see if there's an iPhone-compatible version of the software. With most other software, you can just copy the mp3 files onto the phone or the SD micro card, and the software can play them. You don't have to go through iTunes proprietary software to listen to your music files.

I'm not up on all this stuff, so I have no idea how those SD cards work.
A micro SD card is just a little card that you can buy anywhere you can buy the phones and mp3 players. It fits into a little slot inside the phone to give you more space for files. You can access it either by using a cable to connect your phone to your computer, or by using a card reader in your computer. After it's connected, it works like a removable hard drive on your computer.

OK, yesterday was a frightening day being a parent. My daughter has been having some stomach pains that shoot out feeling like a steak knife jabbing out of her bellybutton. She doubled over very early yesterday morning, and I immediately said we'd go to UT. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best hospital around. While she got ready, I looked online, and for all the horrible things it could have been, she did not have enough of the symptoms. On one other condition, she did have enough symptoms. Thankfully, it was not dangerous. It's just an uncommon, painful condition, that can be fix by a one day surgery event. I did my best to keep her calm and positive, as well as myself.

So, while this was going on, one other problem got going during our route to the hospital. We had to get to my other family member's house, because she was able to get us there (It's over an hour from my home), as well as sit with us at the hospital all day. Anyways, by the time I was ready, and we left her house, I was in horrific pain from the injury I received while taking care of said family member this past summer. It's been giving me hell since then, and I've shouted many a times about going to the ER. Well, I ended up admitted, because my blood pressure reached 180/93. To get to the ending of this story, they gave me a shot of steroids near my spine, and an hour later, I was at 130/82. I have three prescriptions now, added to the two others I live on, but I don't plan to stay on these for too long. I had them give me a list of the best therapy exercises for this injury, because I don't care to just trust the net. I also found out that I'm doing wrong, using ice and heat. Heat only, they stressed. So, it was one hell of a stressful, and painful day, but in the end, we were so happy and relieved. Thank God!!!

Thank you so much for all your prayers and kind words.

Glad you're both ok, hopefully things will ease for both of you now.

Women will be your undoing, Pépé
That is a VERY trying day and I'm VERY glad to hear you both made it through it.

Take sweet care, Destiny. Both you and your daughter.

OK, yesterday was a frightening day being a parent. My daughter has been having some stomach pains that shoot out feeling like a steak knife jabbing out of her bellybutton. She doubled over very early yesterday morning, and I immediately said we'd go to UT. As far as I'm concerned, it's the best hospital around. While she got ready, I looked online, and for all the horrible things it could have been, she did not have enough of the symptoms. On one other condition, she did have enough symptoms. Thankfully, it was not dangerous. It's just an uncommon, painful condition, that can be fix by a one day surgery event. I did my best to keep her calm and positive, as well as myself.

So, while this was going on, one other problem got going during our route to the hospital. We had to get to my other family member's house, because she was able to get us there (It's over an hour from my home), as well as sit with us at the hospital all day. Anyways, by the time I was ready, and we left her house, I was in horrific pain from the injury I received while taking care of said family member this past summer. It's been giving me hell since then, and I've shouted many a times about going to the ER. Well, I ended up admitted, because my blood pressure reached 180/93. To get to the ending of this story, they gave me a shot of steroids near my spine, and an hour later, I was at 130/82. I have three prescriptions now, added to the two others I live on, but I don't plan to stay on these for too long. I had them give me a list of the best therapy exercises for this injury, because I don't care to just trust the net. I also found out that I'm doing wrong, using ice and heat. Heat only, they stressed. So, it was one hell of a stressful, and painful day, but in the end, we were so happy and relieved. Thank God!!!

Thank you so much for all your prayers and kind words.
Glad your daughter is ok. Whoa! I think you too young and vibrant to be so unhealthy. My grandmother used to take a handful of pills on a daily basis and it helped her none whatsoever, I would not wish that on you. Could you please inquire or go to a doctor of holistic general medicine. If you have one near you I strongly feel it would do you more good than the "symptom fixers" which western medicine offers. They can do more good for your overall health and well being than what a handful of pills could bring. Stay strong, and please give me a holler whenever you need.

Glad your daughter is ok. Whoa! I think you too young and vibrant to be so unhealthy. My grandmother used to take a handful of pills on a daily basis and it helped her none whatsoever, I would not wish that on you. Could you please inquire or go to a doctor of holistic general medicine. If you have one near you I strongly feel it would do you more good than the "symptom fixers" which western medicine offers. They can do more good for your overall health and well being than what a handful of pills could bring. Stay strong, and please give me a holler whenever you need.
Well, I do agree, and always have with how medicines are. I lived my entire life refusing to take them. I'm not sure what to think of life, or how this came about, but what my problems are, herbs and such will NOT do a thing for me. I spent my entire life refusing drugs for every last problem I've had, just to get slapped in the face. I can't live without them now. Well, the two that I'm on. Pain killers/Narcotics, and Lyrica. The new drugs they just added to it, HEEELLLLL NO!!!! I just slept off and on for 24 to 36 hours. I think. I've lost track of time. I can't stay on meds that put me in a coma. I need meds that help me live my life. I refuse to stop working out, and working hard. I hate that some people think I should just relax. Sure, get me a wheel chair while your at it, *******. I have severe arthritic with bone spurs. Especially in my spine. My spine has severe Lordosis, and three other small curves. I have a rare spastic muscle disease. I have tore up tendons on both knees now. My spine hurts like hell, as well as my knees, but this newer injury, from the middle of last year, is mucked up. It's severe sciatica, and it truly hurts the left side of my lower back, my glute, my hip, and thigh. That is way too much pain for one injury. To add to it, the weather makes me hurt like hell, all the more. So, the other day when all this went down, there was snow. Every injury I have was killing me, and my blood pressure shot up like crazy. I reckon they feared me stroking out. The shot they gave me rocked. I'll be at my doctors on Wednesday. We will be discussing it.

For those who remember my injuries from last year . . . Yes, I have a couple new injuries. I'm still not giving up. I'm too damn stubborn, and the toughest bitch I've ever known.

Whoa! I think you are too young and vibrant to be so unhealthy.
Thanks sweetie!

That's why I never buy any Apple products with a "I" in the name. They use proprietary software which makes it hard to transfer files to other devices. I use a Samsung Galaxy phone as my mp3 player. It has a slot for a micro SD card, so I can just drag any standard mp3 files from my computer onto the card, and then slip the card into my phone and I'm ready to go in minutes.
I have wanted to reply to this for forever, and when I did actually take the time to reply, the damned settings would delete my post before I could get it finished. That was seriously starting to piss me off.

ANYWAYS . . . You misunderstood me, but I wasn't saying that it was hard or impossible to get songs loaded to my IPhone. I was saying that my Zune broke. My Zune that was holding looooooads of music, pictures, and movies. Then, right after that, my daughter's laptop broke. It was holding everything that was on my Zune. Well, I thought I'd post this here, just in case this ever happens to anyone else. They can then buy this for roughly 22 - 24 dollars, and save all their stuff, no matter what type of hard drive it's on.

I first bought a . . .

StarTech USB 3.0 to 2.5" SATA III Hard Drive Adapter Cable w/ UASP - SATA to USB 3.0 Converter for SSD/HDD

This was to hook up to the hard drive from her laptop, to then save everything over to my computer.

Then I bought this . . .

Sabrent USB 2.0 TO SATA/IDE 2.5/3.5/-INCH Hard Drive Converter With Power Supply & LED Activity Lights [4TB Support] (USB-DSC5)

This can be hooked up to ANY hard drive, to then save things from said hard drive, to my computer.

I will shrink these pictures later. They show all the sides/connectors, for accessing your hard drives.

I wish they came up with these, a long time ago. I used to have to add a second operating system, whenever my hard drives would booger, just so I could go through the back door, to get my things.

Anyways, I thought I'd share that with you peoples.

This is what my son picked out for the design of his birthday cake . . .

I haven't made a cake in nuuuumerous years.

He picked out green and purple, which I colored white buttercream icing with green and red & blue coloring . . .

I was rather pleased. I still have one more cake to make this weekend.

You can't win an argument just by being right!
You're adorable, Des. I want to adopt you. And the vid in your OP is amazing. Great team work. Total trust.