BlueLion's mini-reviews for quality films

→ in
Tools    

Sorry if I'm rude but I'm right
Or, perhaps trying to supply the answers is beside the point. In response to an analysis of a lengthy sequence which takes place inside a hospital (in which a group of violent men have a sudden change in behavior when they find themselves facing an old man with nothing but a wall behind him), the director has said that they do so because, well, there is only a wall ahead of them. It's that simple. It's because they're left with no choice.

Look, I'm not judging you - after all, I'm posting here myself, but maybe, just maybe, if you spent less time here and more time watching films, maybe, and I stress, maybe your taste would be of some value. Just a thought, ya know.

The Werckmeister Harmonies is the kind of movie that's very tough for me, but I did like it, and I wouldn't mind watching it again when I get my big screen.

Twin Peaks has been on my watchlist for a while now. I'll probably watch it in the next 2 weeks. Nice reviews

Minio has kind of spoiled Werckmeister Harmonies for me (he says the old man is Jesus and the whale is God). And you know what, I think he's actually right

dammit.

Finished here. It's been fun.
tfw knowing we'll never get another Tarr film.

Great reviews btw.

I'm sorry if I'm disappointing anyone who was really looking forward to this, but I have decided not to continue for several reasons.

Firstly, I think there are plenty of personal threads as it is, and I don't feel it's right if I keep this solely for (positive) mini-reviews.

Secondly, I imagine it would all get tiresome at some point. Besides, it would make any future top 100 lists pointless if I already posted all the great films I've seen here.

And thirdly, life is getting in the way. I have decided to focus on my studies for the time being, therefore I will no longer be able to spend as much time on analyzing a particular film as I would like.

Furthermore, not giving a 0.5 rating from time to time just doesn't feel right. I know I said that I would no longer rate films I disliked and so on, but right now I almost don't recognize myself. I just cannot help but berate a classic.
So... yeah, see you at the Movie Tab and RTLMYS.