Actors that make watchable anything they're in

Tools    

If there is one movie-related question that I would be able to answer at once, I think it's this one. For me it's Steve Martin, I would literally watch him in anything he's in, as he has the ability to make a movie watchable, if not enjoyable, even if it's a bad one.

What about you?

Can't think of a single one. There are actors who I will watch in anything, but that doesn't mean that their presence makes the movie watchable. It just means I'll force myself to suffer through it at least once.

There is no such thing. Just cast'en into one of the worst Michael Bay movies and they will instantly lose their status.
For me Steve Martin wouldn't lose his status even if he starred in a Michael Bay movie, alongside actors like Rob Schneider or Steven Seagal. Because he's awesome.

On the outside looking in.
Jimmy Stewart, Cary Grant, and Tony Randall all come to mind. As for the modern era, Tom Wilkinson is a good bet.

We've gone on holiday by mistake
Jennifer Lawrence

Anthony Hopkins

There are actors who I will watch in anything, but that doesn't mean that their presence makes the movie watchable. It just means I'll force myself to suffer through it at least once.
^ This. I'll still watch every film they are in.

Tilda Swinton, and Jessica Chastain are two actresses that I will go out of my way to watch in films, even if the film looks like the worst thing ever. For actors, Vincent Cassel(even sat through the Ocean's sequels to see him in it, not a fan of the films at all) and Ryan Gosling.

My choices would be Pat Hingle, James Whitmore, Raymond Burr, Constance Ford , Suzanne Pleshette and Sidney Toler.