My top 10 favourite Tarantino characters

Tools    

3. Butch Coolidge (Bruce Willis)
PULP FICTION

Again another strange choice, unless Mr White, Mr Blonde and Nice Guy Eddie take your next 3 places.
Oh and by the way, forgot to remind you that this is not my top 10 characters from Reservoir Dogs.

Bruce is the man! He owns practically every film he does, even if the movie itself is bad. In Pulp Fiction he was a lovely addition to the story and he was a great character!

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Oh and by the way, forgot to remind you that this is not my top 10 characters from Reservoir Dogs.
I know, i was stating that them 3 characters were better. If mr Pink made your list then I was implying they should also.

Ime getting a feeling Marsellus Wallace won't be making this list .

I've got a top 50 characters thread going.... 13 of the top 20 are Tarantino characters so you will get an idea of what characters I like.
Dude, you have a lot of opinions about Tarantino and his characters. But in your 50 cool characters list you said you haven't seen either Kill Bill movies.

I just don't get how people can be so opinionated on things when there are large holes in their knowledge base.

Dude, you have a lot of opinions about Tarantino and his characters. But in your 50 cool characters list you said you haven't seen either Kill Bill movies.

I just don't get how people can be so opinionated on things when there are large holes in their knowledge base.
I havnt been opinionated about his kill bill characters. I can however reply to characters out of movies I have seen, I have knowledge about Tarantino movies that I have seen plenty of times, so what is you point?.

He's such a dull tarantino character. Plus Jackie brown is probably his weakest movie.
Usually when people make claims like this, they would bother to have watched all of that directors movies first

Usually when people make claims like this, they would bother to have watched all of that directors movies first
It's the Weakest film I've seen, and ime willing to bet most people would say Kill Bill is a better film.

It's the Weakest film I've seen, and ime willing to bet most people would say Kill Bill is a better film.
I bet a lot of people think Jackie Brown is a much better film too. Tarantino actually has a lot of fans who only like his first three movies very much, so you are incorrect in stating it as a fact.

I personally think Death Proof is his worse feature (it still was pretty enjoyabe, though) and I've seen all of his movies.

I would never in a million years call Jackie Brown Tarantino's worst feature. Great picture.

At the end of the day, Tarantino's worst is still better crafted and more engaging visually/narratively than 95% of what else is out there.

Two brilliant choices. Jackie Brown is one the most underrated films of Tarantino, people complain sometimes about the stylistic, unmemorable and masculine/immature nature of some of his characters such as Jules and Vincent (who I love) then in Jackie Brown he goes and gives us two characters who give fantastic performances and both have characters who I love to watch on screen and people still complain, probably because one is a woman and the other an old man. Robert Forster is brilliant in a great film.

I am a massive Steve Buscemi fan and love most of the stuff he's in, all the dogs are great but Mr. Pink appeals to me I think because he is a more innocent (perhaps), smaller (in size, as opposed to the bigger/stronger guys) yet he tries to hold the situation together well and ultimately comes out on top. I think I'd have Mr. Blonde ahead of him although both very close.

Can't wait to see your final three, this list just reminds me how many great characters Tarantino has created without the amount that are gonna miss out

EDIT: My bad just seen you already posted #3, but great choice with Butch. Bruce is perfectly cast in Pulp Fiction and his watch chapter is one of my favourite parts in the film, love it when he gets back to Fabian with Zed's bike, "Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead".

Also, for the record, Jackie Brown is in my top 4 Tarantino films, although I love all of them and would rank them very closely (as you will have (and will) see in my list), Death Proof is his weakest film but I still loved that and would give it
+, the first half of that is as good as any he's done, and whilst I doubt Stuntman Mike will make it in to the top two, he's also a fantastic character portrayed by the perfectly cast Kurt Russell.

Not Enough Time

There is NO WAY Kill Bill is better than Jackie Brown, no way.
In my opinion.

"If dreams are like movies then memories are films about ghosts"

Not Enough Time
No way how? Kill Bill covers more ground stylistically, thematically, musically, and emotionally.
Hey just how I see the two movies. I don't think Kill Bill is that emotionally gripping because of it's corny-ness. It's a shallow movie, that doesn't flow well, and is more or less a bunch of action scenes and cries for attention put together in a choppy manner. It was cool, I liked the ideas and the fight scenes were awesome, when she's training in my favorite part of the whole thing (either movies), but it's still just not very well made movies in my opinion. But they were done the way they were done purposefully. It just wasn't all that appealing to me, definitely not more than Jackie Brown.

I feel that some people don't like Jackie Brown just because it's not like Tarantino's other films. It is less violent, it has slower tempo, less action, and it's just different. But it's pure Tarantino, just like Pulp Fiction, or any of his other films. Because all of the Tarantino trademarks are there. The dialogue, the music, the camera work etc.

This is why he is my favourite director, it's because of the way he makes films, not because of the violence in his films. I love all his movies (with the exception of Death Proof, which I also like), but I don't love them because of the violence. I love them because of the way he makes them, and the way he includes violence in them. It seems that some people, and some of his fans too, enjoy his films simply because of the violence and the amount of blood he uses in his films. I guess I'm just different.

I watched Django last night and wow. Absolutley amazing film, great characters and fantastic performances. Ime going to order Kill Bill tonight, I really need to come back with some ammo on my discussion here that Jackie Brown is his weakest movie.

I really need to come back with some ammo on my discussion here that Jackie Brown is his weakest movie.
It will always stay an opinion, so you don't need 'ammo'.
Have you seen Death Proof, by the way? How was that better than Jackie Brown?