My favourite soundtracks in a film are:
1. titanic- my heart will go on
2. sweet november- only time
3. gladiator- *my bad, dnt know the name*
4. cruel intentions- colourblind
5. phantom of the opera- phantom of the opera
6. hotel rwanda- million voices

Happy New Year from Philly!
Laura, what a great old film noir classic. Think I'll see if I can download it.

I loved Eddie and the Cruisers, The Big Chill, Chariots of Fire and I used to listen to the wonderful version of the Blue Danube Waltz that was on the 2001, A Space Odyssey soundtrack along with that stirring bit of Also Sprach Zarathustra that is on that album.

The Boogie Nights soundtrack is pretty good too.

Good? It's not good. It's the best in all of LA, it's excellent!
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Absolutely BreavHeart and The Dark Knight

'Gladiator !

Titanic
Flowers in the Attic
Dirty Dancing
High Fidelity
Devil's Rejects

also like:

Medicine for Melancholy
Red Road
Momma's Man
A Walk to Remember
Garden State
Adam
Mysterious Skin
Crazy/Beautiful
Keith

http://hiddenmovieblog.blogspot.com

Gladiator
With Honors
The Big Lebowski
Clay Pigeons
Wonder Boys
She's the One (though this one is kind of cheating, since the only artist on this soundtrack is Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers)

I don't have many but Judge Dredd is my favourite soundtrack. I like the whole theme associated with the music.

Meet me in St. Louis and Charlottes Web (the original)

Yeah I know...I'm beyond hope....

I really love Jerry Goldsmith. He put out some great stuff.

Lately I like the more subtle tracks.
The Assassaination of Jesse James
The Fountain (very much like the Jesse James score)
Moon (2009)
The Village (really love this one - Hillary Hahn is a genius, and I mean that in the sense of diviine spirit)
http://www.hilaryhahn.com/
Check her out on Youtube. She is a the real thing.

I like Hans Zimmer too; actually I think he is awesome - but over used and not given the time he needs to do his best work.

anyone ever checked out the soundtrack to "waterboy"?

Female Jungle Poster
I can't think of any current ones, but I used to love the remake of A Star is Born soundtrack, many, many years ago. I think I wore that album down to the nub.

"Exit, pursued by a bear." ~

What is your favourite movie soundtrack?

I think the songs/music used in Donnie Darko was second to none, especially the opening track of the movie
"the killing moon" by Echo and the bunnymen.
Real shame they couldn't afford to use these songs in an official soundtrack we could have bought. Saying that, the score is quite good, which you can buy.
I would say, "The Notorious Betty Page".