The Walking Dead S10

Tools    

The Adventure Starts Here!
Anybody still watching this show with me? I'm determined to hang on till the bitter end, though honestly, I'm long since tired of the new-season-new-threat crap. Lather, rinse, repeat.

At some point they have to give us a projection of how the world and civilization continue... and then END the series. Right? Because it's starting to feel like it's little more than a vehicle for the special effects guys to have fun and try to outdo themselves.

I just binge watched what they've had of season 10 so far, and I'm surprised how good it's gotten. The tone, pacing, and cleverness of the storytelling almost feels like they've overhauled the writing staff. Who knows, they mightve? A surprisingly great season.

Yeah, I read my first post above and do have to say that things have improved since then. Last night's twist at the end caught me off guard, and now I'm curious to see where things go.

Funny how little I miss Rick Grimes.

I'm really enjoying it, absolutely loving the Negan episodes but that's always been the case for me. Maybe the Rick movie will be the beginning of the end?

Soooo.... they are finally going to give us the ending episode(s) of Season 10.

Episode 16 starts tonight at 9 PM EDT... with a replay of episode 15 just before 8 PM. Might have to rewatch that episode 15 to remember what the heck was going on and where they left everything because, well, I don't remember!

"""" Hulk Smashhhh."""
I have just binge watched the whole of season 1-10 in the past few weeks and I absolutely love it. Season 7 wasn’t great, and season 8 sucked, but every other season was great. I’m going to start season 11 tonight.

"Banshee is the greatest thing ever. "

"How tall is King Kong ?"
I think I reached season 3. But got fed up with these humans shuffling around and moaning more than the zombies. Whole episodes of humans complaining about being alive. I do really really love Kirkman's graphic novel. Awesome source material. But I consider the tv series, beyond its handful of okay Darabont episodes, to be a complete embarrassment.

Such a waste, it's like, dunno, taking doctor who and giving it to chris chibnall or something.

This is going to come off as one of those "duh" comments but I was actually expecting something better from Tales of the Walking Dead. Or at least not as boring. But episode 1 turned out to be nothing more than mismatched-couple-on-a-road-trip. Literally. With road map graphics and everything. And it turns out that Olivia Munn and Terry Crews are at their best as ensemble actors. Put them front and center and not much at all happens.

And now episode 2 looks like it'll be more of the same. And again it's actors I've enjoyed in specific projects in the past, Parker Posey and Jillian Bell. If this is the best the franchise can do then there's a good chance Andrew Lincoln and Danai Gurira may not get that limited series they announced at SDCC. Judging by last night's underwhelming experience maybe it's best to let the franchise die already and stay dead.

Oh wait, I see that I get this week of AMC+ for free through Xfinity, so maybe I'll take a peek to see if I like it. I still won't subscribe to AMC+, though.

Is this new one ever going to hit regular AMC? Right now it's on AMC+ but I'm not gonna subscribe to AMC+ just for this.
You mean Tales of The Walking Dead? I watched it on regular AMC last night. Or rather DVR'd it off of regular AMC. I hate commercials. Having to sit through countless ads would have made the program even more unwatchable.

You mean Tales of The Walking Dead? I watched it on regular AMC last night. Or rather DVR'd it off of regular AMC. I hate commercials. Having to sit through countless ads would have made the program even more unwatchable.
Yeah, I see that now. I think the AMC+ bit was trying to get people to subscribe so they could simply watch episodes earlier than regular AMC. I'm never in that big a hurry.

You ready? You look ready.
I'm still slogging through S9, mostly because I only watch it when I fold clothes.
I knew the quality dropped after S5, but damn..that's one long laundry chute of a fall
"This is that human freedom, which all boast that they possess, and which consists solely in the fact, that men are conscious of their own desire, but are ignorant of the causes whereby that desire has been determined." -Baruch Spinoza

Yeah, I see that now. I think the AMC+ bit was trying to get people to subscribe so they could simply watch episodes earlier than regular AMC. I'm never in that big a hurry.
Too many options. Way too many. Everyone wants your money. As it is I have access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBOMax, Disney+, Hulu, and several premium movie channels. Which ultimately makes it all the more difficult to find something to watch.

The absolute best way they could end the series, and Im being completely serious when I say this, is to have everyone die. Everyone. All those spinoffs to come be nothing more than a hoax just so they could mass swerve and shock the audience one last time on the way out. It would be unprecedented, and talked about for years to come. They would recapture the urgency that made them, but instead were gonna get the same rehashed predictable safe shlock.

I'm at a point where I just want to see how they end the stories of each of these characters, so I typically watch both the show and then Talking Dead in the background while I'm working on my computer. I just can't bring myself to sit and watch it exclusively anymore. But I AM curious about the ending, so I at least multitask to not feel the time is wasted.

I'm at a point where I just want to see how they end the stories of each of these characters ...
I remember at one point they were talking about Darryl and Carol getting their own spinoff but I think that's fallen by the wayside. I think how the ratings are for ToTWD, how the final episodes of TWD are received and how Fear the Walking Dead's new season does will factor into the franchise moving forward or finally folding up it's tent.

And now episode 2 looks like it'll be more of the same. And again it's actors I've enjoyed in specific projects in the past, Parker Posey and Jillian Bell.
This was actually a marked improvement over episode 1. The writing was much better and Posey and Bell are talented actresses and can hold their own comedically. The Groundhog Day inspired plot also worked.