Movie Catchphrases that have become "Memes"

Tools    

I've recently become aware that a lot of social catchphrases or what have become "memes" (Internet or otherwise) began as lines from movies.

One I've used is "At ease, Francis." from Stripes (1981).
I also like, "You're terrible, Muriel." from Muriel's Wedding (1994).

I recently heard one that's supposedly used to get people out of your face which is, "Bye Felicia!" I looked it up and found out it was a line from a movie called Friday (1995).

Please let us know of some you've used or are aware of.

When the manager of the pre-school next to my house told me she’d call the police if I picked up garbage from their frontage & put it in their dumpster I said to her Go ahead, make my day. This went completely over her head, but she never bothered me again.

It’s from Sudden Impact of course.

What's the one with Nicolas Cage? (It goes along with the face he makes in a scene as the face itself is usually posted with the meme.)
And what movie was it from?

You mean me? Kei's cousin?

One thing that prompted this thread is I keep hearing the name "Karen" used as a pejorative meme a lot lately.

It seems to pop up everywhere, yet I don't recall ever hearing it before this year.

I went looking for not just what it meant, but the origins of the meme. Apparently, it has several different origins ranging from a comedy skit by Dane Cook, to hairstyles of reality TV stars, to YouTube videos, to movies (it's almost like an amalgam meme).

I'm not sure what sites I looked at that referenced movies, but two movie characters referenced were "Karen Smith" from Mean Girls (played by Amanda Seyfried) and "Karen Hill" from Goodfellas (played by Lorraine Brocco)... although I don't see exactly how or why either of these characters could have influenced the meme.

https://www.insider.com/karen-meme-o...n-white-2020-5

If you know where this is from, you are officially the coolest person on this forum:

If you know where this is from, you are officially the coolest person on this forum:

Looks like the weird robot-voice guy from Grandma's Boy (2006) - now an official cult classic!

(I watched it for the beautiful Linda Cardellini!)

Welcome to the human race...
Ah, this is the one I was looking for...

Apparently, it's from a movie called Vampire's Kiss (1988).
What's especially funny is that he never actually says "You don't say" in the movie, that's just the vibe his mocking expression gives off.

One thing that prompted this thread is I keep hearing the name "Karen" used as a pejorative meme a lot lately.

It seems to pop up everywhere, yet I don't recall ever hearing it before this year.

I went looking for not just what it meant, but the origins of the meme. Apparently, it has several different origins ranging from a comedy skit by Dane Cook, to hairstyles of reality TV stars, to YouTube videos, to movies (it's almost like an amalgam meme).

I'm not sure what sites I looked at that referenced movies, but two movie characters referenced were "Karen Smith" from Mean Girls (played by Amanda Seyfried) and "Karen Hill" from Goodfellas (played by Lorraine Brocco)... although I don't see exactly how or why either of these characters could have influenced the meme.

https://www.insider.com/karen-meme-o...n-white-2020-5
It's not referencing a specific movie at all (much less either of those particular Karens). The way I understand it, since the term is meant to describe a particular type of entitled white woman (usually one who is middle-aged and from an upper-to-middle-class background), then the idea is to pick the most generic possible name for this particular type of woman. I've seen other variations like Susan but Karen is the one that seems to have stuck more than any other.

Oh......My......God. It's everywhere, movies, TV, ads. It's also completely overused.

Like Oh.....My......God, it's "I don't know WHAT I believe anymore", it's been used too many times to count. Lately I recall it from that so-bad-it's-good classic, Color Out of Space, when Nick Cage starts to turn into purple leather.