My top 10 favourite Tarantino characters

Tools    

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
It will always stay an opinion, so you don't need 'ammo'.
Have you seen Death Proof, by the way? How was that better than Jackie Brown?
Yes I have seen Death Proof. Death Proof was extremely entertaining, it was a very easy concept that worked so well. I think the characters where alot better and the film was very stylish and well made. Jackie Brown on the other hand never really progresses, I felt the characters just kept coming and going with nothing really happening. It lacks the shocks that other Tarantino films hit us with, it's not very exciting at all and never hits any type of climax.

Yes I have seen Death Proof. Death Proof was extremely entertaining, it was a very easy concept that worked so well. I think the characters where alot better and the film was very stylish and well made. Jackie Brown on the other hand never really progresses, I felt the characters just kept coming and going with nothing really happening. It lacks the shocks that other Tarantino films hit us with, it's not very exciting at all and never hits any type of climax.
Nothing happening? No climax? You should see this movie again. It also has way more style than Death Proof (although the first part was pretty good with the lap dance and the awesome crash, with the wheel riding over the girl's face).

And you seriously think the characters in Death Proof were better than in Jackie Brown?

Death proof's interesting characters: Kurt Russel's freaky Stuntman Mike, Vanessa Ferlito's mysterious Arlene (who gets killed in the middle of the movie) and maybe Zoe Bell.

Jackie Brown's interesting characters: Pam Grier's fabulous Jackie Brown, Robert Deniro's lame, funny and psychopatic Louis Gara, Samuel L. Jackson's fearful Ordell Robbie, Robert Foster's extremely likable Max Cherry, Bridget Fonda's trashy, unreliable Melanie Ralston and Keaton's Ray Nicolette!
It's actually full of colorful characters, in my opinion.

"Hey Look it's Masterman"
Nothing happening? No climax? You should see this movie again. It also has way more style than Death Proof (although the first part was pretty good with the lap dance and the awesome crash, with the wheel riding over the girl's face).

And you seriously think the characters in Death Proof were better than in Jackie Brown?

Death proof's interesting characters: Kurt Russel's freaky Stuntman Mike, Vanessa Ferlito's mysterious Arlene (who gets killed in the middle of the movie) and maybe Zoe Bell.

Jackie Brown's interesting characters: Pam Grier's fabulous Jackie Brown, Robert Deniro's lame, funny and psychopatic Louis Gara, Samuel L. Jackson's fearful Ordell Robbie, Robert Foster's extremely likable Max Cherry, Bridget Fonda's trashy, unreliable Melanie Ralston and Keaton's Ray Nicolette!
Jackie Brown has the most un-interesting characters out of all his movies. It's a dragged out movie that just doesn't climax, ive seen
It a good few times and each time is less interesting.

2. Mr. Blonde / Vic Vega (Michael Madsen)
RESERVOIR DOGS

I agree with you on Jackie Brown, a film that I love and I think I have made that pretty clear in other threads. This from Roger Ebert's view sums up my thoughts on those who complain about it being boring, long etc.

"You savor every moment of Jackie Brown. Those who say it is too long have developed cinematic attention deficit disorder. I wanted these characters to live, talk, deceive and scheme for hours and hours."

And Mr Blonde is a great choice and my favourite from Reservoir Dogs, the "are you gonna bark all day" quote like you say is good enough to make him such a great character alone. I also read that he was initially offered the role of Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction but turned it down for another film, 'the biggest regret of his career', I love Michael Madsen's gritty, washed up character in Kill Bill too.

1. Jules Winnfield (Samuel L. Jackson)
PULP FICTION

I agree with you on Jackie Brown, a film that I love and I think I have made that pretty clear in other threads. This from Roger Ebert's view sums up my thoughts on those who complain about it being boring, long etc.

"You savor every moment of Jackie Brown. Those who say it is too long have developed cinematic attention deficit disorder. I wanted these characters to live, talk, deceive and scheme for hours and hours."

And Mr Blonde is a great choice and my favourite from Reservoir Dogs, the "are you gonna bark all day" quote like you say is good enough to make him such a great character alone. I also read that he was initially offered the role of Vincent Vega in Pulp Fiction but turned it down for another film, 'the biggest regret of his career', I love Michael Madsen's gritty, washed up character in Kill Bill too.
LOL. ****in' Ebes.

I felt the same way about Jackie Brown. I went in hearing that it was Tarantino's worst film and a piece of crap and came out wondering what the hell people were thinking.

Great list, BlueLion.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I loves Jackie Brown and just think it is some of his best work, definitely one of the most stylish and well put together movies of the 1990s. How anyone can dislike it is mad!

I think the movies that are Tarantino's worst are as follows: Kill Bill Vol 2. and Deathproof. Inglorious Basterds was a return to form and I actually think it's a better overall movie than the wildly popular Django.

Django actually saddens me to a certain extent as it doesn't have the episodic feel of Tarantino's best work, nor does it have the twisty, turny time bending narrative of his other films.

In terms of your list, there are some great characters although I'd include Bard Pitt's character from Basterds in there and Mr Wolf, his 20 minutes or so on screen were the very definition of cool.

I loves Jackie Brown and just think it is some of his best work, definitely one of the most stylish and well put together movies of the 1990s. How anyone can dislike it is mad!

I think the movies that are Tarantino's worst are as follows: Kill Bill Vol 2. and Deathproof. Inglorious Basterds was a return to form and I actually think it's a better overall movie than the wildly popular Django.

Django actually saddens me to a certain extent as it doesn't have the episodic feel of Tarantino's best work, nor does it have the twisty, turny time bending narrative of his other films.

In terms of your list, there are some great characters although I'd include Bard Pitt's character from Basterds in there and Mr Wolf, his 20 minutes or so on screen were the very definition of cool.
I agree about Mr Wolf, I tried to find a place for him in my list but it was just impossible.

Anyway, these two would definitely be number 11 and 12.

yes, Lance. I just love his persona, and the "prank caller, prank caller!" scene.

But I'm not sure about Aldo Raine. Probably he wouldn't even make my top 15.

I am the Watcher in the Night
I agree about Mr Wolf, I tried to find a place for him in my list but it was just impossible.

Anyway, these two would definitely be number 11 and 12.

yes, Lance. I just love his persona, and the "prank caller, prank caller!" scene.

But I'm not sure about Aldo Raine. Probably he wouldn't even make my top 15.
Haha the prank caller scene was hilarious!

Aldo Raine I found to be cool in every sense of the word and Pitt was perfect for the character.

1. The Bride
2. Calvin Candie
3. Pai Mei
4. Hans Landa
5. Shosanna
6. Elle Driver
7. Oren Ishii
8. Django
9. Mr. Blonde
10. Abernathy