What movie have you seen the most times?

Tools    

RIP www.moviejustice.com 2002-2010
For me its either the Empire Strikes Back or (ha laugh now) City Slickers

http://www.movieforums.com/community...ad.php?t=26201

Bluray Collector!
Probably US Marshalls

2001:A Space Odyssey

But never on the big screen, which pisses me off very much.

Why am I here?
First movie I bought on DVD

Sic Networks

Probably Casablanca and/or BladeRunner.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Originally posted by Henry The Kid
2001:A Space Odyssey

But never on the big screen, which pisses me off very much.
Why do you think HAL went insane disregarding 2010

On purpose? Raiders of the Lost Ark - I can put that movie in any time and enjoy it.

By accident? Airplane - It's run on TV a lot and I just can't flip past it once I see it's on.

Pop Culture Kid

Columns and Opinion on Movies, Comics, Sports, TV and More
www.popculturekid.com

I am having a nervous breakdance
Probably "Ivanhoe" (1982) by Douglas Camfield. They show it here every New Year's Day. It's like bad luck NOT to watch it. So you lie there every 1st day of the new year, hungover, pizza all over your stomache..... and watch Ivanhoe. And every time you realize what a wuss that so called knight is! He's just recovering from his wounds the whole bloody film!

--------

They had temporarily escaped the factories, the warehouses, the slaughterhouses, the car washes - they'd be back in captivity the next day but
now they were out - they were wild with freedom. They weren't thinking about the slavery of poverty. Or the slavery of welfare and food stamps. The rest of us would be all right until the poor learned how to make atom bombs in their basements.

"True Romance". I can watch that film over and over again. It's entertaining, has a Durham load of actors, great writing, directing... its got action, comedy, romance. A very entertaining film. I've honestly seen it about 25 times.

I love, love. love the Sicilian speach.

For me probably The Godfather Part II

Originally posted by iluv2viddyfilms

Why do you think HAL went insane disregarding 2010
It depends on what angle you want to take the movie from.

If you wanna take it sraight up, then basically he went insane do to his inability to comprehend the differences in emotion and since he could only look at facts from an onjective point of view, he couldn't tell whether David was jeapordizing the mission or not.

In some ways, you could say he never went in sane. Just became self-aware.

But personally, I just look at it from a philosophic like standpoint. Each chapter represented a different stage of human evolution. The first represented our earliest as apes, our second as reasoning and curious humans, then he took on Artificial Intelligence, which looked like the next form to come around, followed by the next step, which is the star child. They all continued to evolve and kept adapting. Although HAL at first seemed beneficial, his inability to recognize anything but emotionless fact led to his downfall. But this is just my look on the film, I don't pretend to know in the slightest that I know everything Kubrick was trying to accomplish with this movie. Probably why I like it so much.

What I found interesting was that HAL basically lied to Dave, cause he told Dave that he never put much thought into the rumors of finding the artifact on the moon. then when dave gets the briefing we learn HAL knew all about it, so did HAL want Dave to know wihtout directly telling him?

Originally posted by iluv2viddyfilms
What I found interesting was that HAL basically lied to Dave, cause he told Dave that he never put much thought into the rumors of finding the artifact on the moon. then when dave gets the briefing we learn HAL knew all about it, so did HAL want Dave to know wihtout directly telling him?
I'm not quite sure how you came to that. I always felt that scene was just HAL testing Dave to see how reliable he was and what he would do next. I don't remember HAL mentioning the monolith rumours though, just rumours in general. I would have to watch it again(possibly tommorow) to see.

Yeah but what do you mean to see what Dave would do next? actually after Dave responds that he knows nothing about the rumors HAL then proceeds and thats when he interupts himself, and says that the trasmitter thing is going to break down.

I think Blazing Saddles, Airplane! and probably The Blues Brothers, the first 2 Naked Gun movies, Wall-E and The Incredibles would all be well into the hundreds of views. The first 2 I watched on repeat as a kid, the second three when I was a little older (but apparently no more mature) and the two Pixars are ones that everyone in the family loves (WALL-E in particular used to be the only thing played in our DVD player, the only thing played on my iPod on car journeys and practically the only thing we watched at all for months when my son was a baby). `Wall-E`and `Eve`were among his first words.

The Empire Strikes Back, Ghostbusters or Star Wars. I lost count on all of those somewhere around 20-25 times.