The Room: Cult Film or Internet Meme

Tools    

Hey everyone!

I was watching bits of The Room the other day and started wondering: what is this garbage?? It seems pretty popular though online. So I want to know, is The Room a cult film with a strong fanbase or another Internet meme? Here's a link to the trailer if you're not familiar ==> http://www.shortform.com/J-rod.J./my . It's pretty popular on YouTube.

Both. Obviously, it became popular through internet clips and parodies, but it still gets screenings and even stage performances with a lot of audience interaction. If this doesn't strike me as a cult film, nothing does:

&feature=feedlik
They also ritually throw spoons at the screen.

Also, this is a hilarious review for anyone not familiar with the film.

Bright light. Bright light. Uh oh.
Well, I still haven't taken the Kool-Aid, but if I do, I'll be sure I'm safe in my own living room. Spoons can hurt, even if they bounce off a movie screen.

haha cool. thanks!

It has become cult though whether it deserves it or not is up for debate.

I don't remember asking you a ******* thing!
The Room is just one of those bad films you can't seem to turn away from. You hate it for its horrendous quality, but at the same time you can't help but laugh at and mock its sheer stupidity. For that reason, I say it's a cult film. Tommy Wiseau is a walking meme himself, in my opinion, so that can also be true.

Also, can anybody define his accent? It's been bugging me ever since I learned of his existence.

I could never figure his accent either mastermetal. I always think of Siegfried and Roy when I hear him speak. You know what's weird? That dude has a show on machinima called The Tommy Wi-Show! He plays random video games. I guess it's easier than acting. Here's him playing Dead Rising 2.

Please help I want to watch movies like la luna 1979

This movie is so...special...
The Room is like no other film...it has its own category...
Cult film,really...i laughed so much,my stomach hurted me,i didn't laugh like that while watching funniest comedies...but i would rate it 1,because film was not intended to be funny...

This movie was made with 6 million dollars!
6 million...RD was made with $1.2 million,and still Room looked cheap compared to RD

Welcome to the human race...
^It's that figure that has led some to theorise that the production of the movie was actually an elaborate money-laundering scheme.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Went to a showing of this, probably one of my favourite movie experiences ever!!!

The spoons were plastic, so it didn't hurt, but damn people threw a lot of them.

Oh yeah, Tommy was there too.