Movie Tab II

Tools    

Another good haul, Harry.

Any other thoughts on The Tree of Wooden Clogs?

A beautiful and honest film, what else do you want to know?
"Don't be so gloomy. After all it's not that awful. Like the fella says, in Italy for 30 years under the Borgias they had warfare, terror, murder, and bloodshed, but they produced Michelangelo, Leonardo da Vinci, and the Renaissance. In Switzerland they had brotherly love - they had 500 years of democracy and peace, and what did that produce? The cuckoo clock."

Screamers -

Sid and Nancy -

King Kong (70s) -

Four Brothers -

Bad Lieutenant -

Let The Right One In -

Mesrine: Killer Instinct -

Tokyo Gore Police -

Benny's Video -

Inglourious Basterds -

The Hidden -

Galaxy of Terror -

Ms. 45 -

Last House on the Left (remake)
-

Will try and write these up probs weds, unless anyone wants to know any thoughts on particular flicks

I don't care that you've given Galaxy of Terror and Ms.45 crappy ratings...I still think they're badass flicks
They're not baaad ratings. I had higher hopes for Ms.45 on the back of last Ferarra flicks i caught (reminds me, need to add Bad Lieutenant to the list) and the copy of Galaxy of Terror i got was horrendously dark but hey, anything with a giant maggot raping a woman is a worthwhile flick in my book

Did like The Hidden, big props for bringing that to my attention

Liked to loved most of these yesterday.

Adventureland (Greg Mottola - 2009)

If you really want to know a little about what it was like being a teenager in the 80's then this is the flick for you.

Music and Lyrics (Marc Lawrence - 2007)

I must admit that I'm a fan of a lot of the crappy pop music from the 80's and when I saw how this flick started I knew I would enjoy it before anyone even spoke.

Fever Pitch (Bobby Farrelly, Peter Farrelly - 2005)

I'm not much of a fan of Jimmy Fallon but he was pretty good opposite Drew Barrymore here. Maybe it was just because he was opposite her that it didn't matter. I don't know. Anyway, kind of a fun little movie telling the "real" story behind the breaking of the curse of the Bambino. Good stuff.

The Ghost and Mrs. Muir (Joseph L. Mankiewicz - 1947)

Another film from the lists that I really dug. The more I see of Gene Tierney the more I like her. She's just fantastic.

GI Joe:Rise of Cobra (Stephen Sommers 2009)-well I watched it last week haven't been here in a while,anyways how would I put this movie mmm let me think...ah yes it is exactly like the animation but live action there were many cult phrases common exactly for cartoons like this.It applies for the "Super Secret movie rules" Super Secret movie rule # 3-If there isn't a Technology,invent it! and the Hummer in Paris I know its a big car but where do they put all this stuff other than that hmm let me see aaa there is a reason to watch it that crazy hot red head Rachel Nichols and ofcourse Sienna Miller but mostly Rachel,and for the ladies if you are into Chaning Tatum well you wont be dissapointed.well I'll give you that the effects and the action were on level however I don't know why they used so many slow motion lately it's so cool to see stuff blowing in slow motion.So if you are looking for something serious in this movie I suggest to watch something else but If you want to spend two hours with explosions and cheesy lines well that is the movie

I agree B. The only thing they left out from the cheesy 80's cartoon was the little interlude at the end of the cartoon's where they coined the phrase: "And knowing is half the battle." Remember those?

District 9 -

See my review thread for my thoughts, but in short, I enjoyed District 9 but thought it could have been better, and was ultimately slightly let down considering its ratings.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest -

(Milos Forman, 1975)

My first viewing; simply incredible. After 12 Angry Men, this film has the collective best performances of its main cast of any movie I've yet to see, I think. Jack Nicholson was fantastic and the ending blew me away, but I'm still trying to figure out if it did so in a good way or a disappointing but still thought-provoking way.

Perhaps, a couple months down the road, a rewatch will bump my score up to a perfect
(I'm getting the feeling that it might), but until I sort out my thoughts completely--specifically concering the ending--I stand by what I have listed above. Incredible movie.

Planet Terror -
-

(Robert Rodriguez, 2007)

Some cool zombie-killing action (the helicopter scene? oh, yeah) and the insanely attractive Rose McGowan alone make this film worth watching once. Aside from those two things, though, I don't think it has a whole lot going for it. Other than Fergie.

The Babysitters -
+

(David Ross, 2007)

My second viewing of this film has brought my rating down from the original
that I gave it, albeit not by a whole lot. It's a good film that explores deep and dark themes through its disturbing story about teenage prostitution, but the blow-you-away ending this time through didn't quite have the effect I'd hoped it would retain.

My Movie Review Thread | My Top 100

All good people are asleep and dreaming.
Another good haul, Harry.

Any other thoughts on The Tree of Wooden Clogs?
A bunch of idiot farmers who blend Catholicism with Paganism.

28 days...6 hours...42 minutes...12 seconds
Trick ‘r Treat Warner Brothers Digital Screener

Can you give me more on this one? I'm really interested in seeing it and I want to know your thoughts on it.

Suspect's Reviews

The 24th Day (2004) Rewatch

This is a really interesting and engaging film about personal responsibility in regards to sex. It stars James Marsden and Scott Speedman. Both actors give very taut and interesting performances and the tension is so thick that you can feel it through the screen. Interestingly, though, as much as the film talks about sex and deals with sex, it doesn't actually show any nor are the two lead actors ever shown even kissing each other. But, given the circumstances of the plot, this is completely appropriate. Actually, the only real complaint that I had with this film was the cinematography, which - given that this is a relatively low-budget film - is a little sub-par.

Glad you liked One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, Dom.
Yeah, I'm just very confused about the ending (the party scene); not about what happened during it, but as to whether or not I liked it and thought it worked with what the film was trying to say.

How'd you like it, Harry?

WARNING: "CUCKOO'S NEST" spoilers below
Nurse Ratched (or is it Ratchet?) having Nicholson's character receive a lobotomy blew me out of the water, but what I'm debating is Chief ultimately deciding to kill him, and what his motives were for doing so. Did he do it so that Nurse Ratched wouldn't stand triumphant over Nicholson, finally having him under her control with the lobotomy, or did he do it to put his friend out of his misery/end his suffering? And with Nicholson's character dead, how are all the other patients going to feel? Life after Nicholson's death and Chief's escape is going to really suck for all the other patients. This problem would have been solved if Chief took the body with him (the other patients wouldn't have ever known he died because they were all konked out at the time, I believe), and it would have led them all to believe that he simply escaped with Chief, giving them all hope. But Chief just left him there.

Can you give me more on this one? I'm really interested in seeing it and I want to know your thoughts on it.
OG- did a write up of it on his site, horrorsnotdead.com, which totally sold me on it. Have a looksie

I'm not old, you're just 12.
I've seen a lot since I last posted (obviously) but a few favourites...

Repo, The Genetic Opera
Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince
The Wrestler
The Rocker
Role Models
Night at the Museum 2

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Will your system be alright, when you dream of home tonight?
Hey Monkeypunch! Enjoying the webcomic! Nice work.