Movie Tab II

Tools    

Superman I and II

watched it a couple times now since i seen SR in theaters

Over the Hedge 4.5/5
Just the right pace of humour and length, on par with Ice Age!

In the Beginning...
Superman Returns (Singer, 2006)

Problematic, but enjoyable. I still don't know why they wanted to spring-board off the first two Superman films. Nevertheless, it was Superman, and I came out of the cinema feeling pretty fantastic. You can read my official review here.

Put me in your pocket...
Bonnie Scotland (1935)
I loved this Laurel and Hardy movie. T’was very funny with their brand of physical humor and gags...with a big laugh at the end. The commentary with Leonard Maltin and Richard W. Bann was equally great with alot of interesting tidbits about L&H and all of the supporting cast members as well. Very well done and interesting.

If a Man Answers (1962)
I liked this movie alot. Very fun. The first half spends alot of time setting itself up, but the last half is very funny. Nice cast too with Sandra Dee, Bobby Darin, Micheline Presle, Cesar Romero and Stefanie Powers. The movie has the feel of a Doris Day/Rock Hudson movie.

I could definately see this being updated, revamped and redone. It would be perfect for someone like Reese Witherspoon. The concept of a young newlywed using a puppy training book as a guide to handle her husband...and the effects of her mother’s advice is a real hoot.

Lust for Life (1956)
I loved it. Kirk Douglas was wonderful as Van Gogh and it followed his life pretty faithfully. I was also impressed with Anthony Quinn as Gauguin. I had forgotten that they had been friends at one time. The movie made me want to go back and re-read my art history book on Van Gogh's life.

One, Two, Three (1961)
I finally saw this and it was great fun. Cagney was perfect as was the writing with alot of great lines. The time period was pretty interesting too.

Failure to Launch (2006)
Very cute date movie...and I liked the cast alot. I loved Zooey Deschanel, Justin Bartha and Kathy Bates inparticular.

Lets put a smile on that block
Originally Posted by Sexy Celebrity
Shopgirl -- I thought it was just terrific. Very glad I rented it.
Oh i love dis film. Beautiful score.
Originally Posted by Piddzilla
Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb (1964 - Stanley Kubrick)

I hadn't seen this one since I was a kid. It is such a fantastic film... Such funny lines... And Sellers is of course amazing...
Oh i love dis film too.

history *is* moralizing
Mirrormask, 2005, Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean in one more fruitful collaboration
Dark Memories, 2005, nothing new at all...
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	mirrormask_l200509291705.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	5678  

In the Beginning...
Six Days, Seven Nights (Reitman, 1998)

Not particularly engaging, but really fun. Excellent chemistry between Anne Heche and Harrison Ford. The island location is really nice, but it isn't shown off enough. Yeah.

Put me in your pocket...
Fallen Angel (1945)
I liked this alot. The cast was solid. Loved Dana Andrews as the con man and Linda Darnell was perfect as the hard, self-centered beauty. She usually plays the good girl, but here she was convincing as girl from the wrong side of the tracks playing every angle. Alice Faye was ok, but a little stiff. I couldn't believe her character could fall so easily for Andrews, but it didn't spoil the story for me.

Welcome to the human race...
Apart from a few old ones (Full Metal Jacket, Goodfellas, A Clockwork Orange) the latest new one is...

Team America: World Police - 9/10

I got for good luck my black tooth.
Originally Posted by ash_is_the_gal
Hustle & Flow - i was impressed!

has anyone done a review on one? or Sometimes in April?
You should do one. anyway...

Fargo

Analyze This

Absolute Power

Short Cuts

has anyone done a review on one? or Sometimes in April?
i was a little annoyed by the southern accent....:-/

Has anyone done a review on one?
YES.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
ahem... thanks!

just got done watching the Station Agent--this was a feel-good one for me (a smart person would wait til the end of the day to list all the movies they watch on a Saturday afternoon but i am kind of digging at it with an ice pick).

i'm SUPER GOOD at Jewel karaoke
Originally Posted by Strummer521
You should do one. anyway...

Fargo

Analyze This

Absolute Power

Short Cuts
i'm not good at those... i just like reading them. Strummer, you should do one. you're excellent with words.

I got for good luck my black tooth.
i'm not good at those... i just like reading them. Strummer, you should do one. you're excellent with words.
Thanks but I can't. I haven't seen either film. It's true that I haven't written a review in a long time, but I have several short stories in various stages of completion (1st and 2nd drafts mostly) that I'll send you if you're interested.