Cast Ghostbusters 3!

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Okay, they're making a new Ghostbusters film whether anyone wants it or not, and the latest idea is an all female cast, directed by Paul Feig (The Heat). Groan.

So here's a fun game, let's all cast Ghostbusters 3! I'll start and I hope others will find this idea fun too. (and I hope this is in the right place, if not, mods, please move it for me? Gracias.)

My basic idea is that Peter Venkman (a quick cameo by Bill Murray) has franchised the Ghostbusters as a way to pay his alimony to Dana Barrett (Sigourney Weaver), cause you knew that wasn't going to last, and we focus on a new crew of Ghostbusters, barely keeping the whole, terribly mismanaged business afloat.

My choices:

Chris Pratt

This would be a guy to lock down NOW. Guardians of the galaxy was amazing, and he's on his way to becoming a huge star, but he would be an easy person for the audience to relate to. He'd be us, the fan, getting to be a freakin' Ghostbuster, and how cool is that?

Kristen Wiig

So yeah, there SHOULD be a female Ghostbuster, cause that's a good idea. And it should be Kristen Wiig. She's gorgeous, hilarious, and has that sort of Gilda Radner quality of going wherever it takes for a laugh, vanity free. Maybe she could start the film as the secretary or something, and then have to step up and save the guys asses? I can actually kind of see this and it seems great to me. (Plus anything to keep Melissa McCarthy out of this film, which you know will happen. I don't find her funny...like at all.)

Jay Baruschel.

I just love this guy. He is hilarious in This is the End, Tropic Thunder, and How to Train Your Dragon. He could definitely play a nerdy scientist type, like a more geeky, less confident Egon maybe? Either way, I just like this guy and he'd work for me.

John Cusack

I really want to see this happen. John Cusack could play the cynical wiseass of the group (watch Hot Tub Time Machine, he's hysterical). Sort of the Bill Murray role. He'd be an older Ghostbuster who's kind of burned out on the whole thing, and surrounded by people who's enthusiasm annoys him.

Of course I could also see people like Simon Pegg, Nick Frost, or Craig Robinson taking spots in the cast too, hell, making the entire cast just the guys from Hot Tub Time Machine would appeal to me, cause I love that movie, but these are my choices...

Anyone else?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

I'd still have Danny Aykroyd, Ernie Hudson, Rick Moranis and Annie Potts on board.

The thing is to balance believability with comedy and also the toughness factor. Too much comedy and not enough ass-kicking attitude wouldn't work so the cast would need to be strong on both fronts.

Bill Hader
In a similar vein to what he did in Paul. Hader could be the new leader of the group.
Hader has a knack for ad-libbing too. The new Peter?

Neil Patrick Harris
Would play a great scientist. He was fantastic in Starship Troopers and always has an air of intelligence about him. Maybe the new Egon? The guy who pioneers the new science? Harris, like Harold Ramis, can play comedy while acting seriously as well, which would be great for the role.

Sam Rockwell
Again, can play both styles well. Rockwell could probably play the new Ray. Brains, some brawn, has a childlike wonder about the world and loves to learn new stuff while on the job.
Think of him in Galaxy Quest.

John C Reilly
Has played both serious and comedic roles with perfection. He's be more of a schlub in GB3, not fully understanding the science, kinda like the Everyman. Everyman as in, the new Winston.

Jennifer Lawrence
Not really a comedic actress but will add some glamour to the proceedings and is pretty tough. She'd be good as a double act to John C Reilly. She could get her hair off with Reilly's doofus.

Emma Stone
Another who has carried both serious and comedic successfully. Putting her next to Neill Patrick Harris would work well, especially if he was in a role like a new Egon. She could annoy him endlessly with her down to earth humour.

This is one of the "Cast The..." threads. There was a few cropped up a couple months back with Justice League as well.

This is one of the "Cast The..." threads. There was a few cropped up a couple months back with Justice League as well.
Ahhh. Maybe I'm wrong, but wouldn't that be considered a "game" per say rather than discussion about the film in itself? Maybe I'm just nitpicking.

Either or really.

There was a bunch of us made our own threads about The Justice League. Think we made them in reviews.

MY FANTASY GHOSTBUSTERS

Leonardo DiCaprio
Because he just makes everything better.

Jake Gyllenhaal
Duh.

Seth Rogen

Matthew McConaughey

Arnold Schwarzenegger
Attachments
Click image for larger version

Name:	NEC67kCZO21HFH_1_1.jpg
Views:	1181
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	17189   Click image for larger version

Name:	1855f7b838584b11_111339850.xxxlarge_2.jpg
Views:	1241
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	17190   Click image for larger version

Name:	Seth+Rogen+Neighbors+Premiere+2014+SXSW+Music+NH1f9IG9IIPl.jpg
Views:	1195
Size:	80.8 KB
ID:	17191   Click image for larger version

Name:	matthew-mcconaughey-reinvention-golden-globes.jpg
Views:	1207
Size:	92.9 KB
ID:	17192   Click image for larger version

Name:	487754317.jpg
Views:	1259
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	17193  

_____ is the most important thing in my life…
Steve Brule

Venkman

Sir Hotpockets

I realize the Venkman wouldn't be in this, but Maron really seems like he would be good to carry on the spirit. Would never happen, but...

Hotpockets, well...you know he's steady dreaming of the Stay Puft man.