Godzilla Vs. Gamera! There IS a God!

Tools    

I'm not old, you're just 12.
Yes, Yoda, there IS a God. I read on Aint it Cool News, that they are in negotiations to make this, the coolest of all giant monster movies, in Japan. I can't wait to see this!!! Godzilla Vs. Gamera.....This is the epitomie of great B-Movie making. (In case somebody out there doesn't know, Gamera is a giant, atomic powered turtle.) Can I buy my ticket now?

https://shawnsmovienight.blogspot.com/

Well, I don't know if this is evidence of a G*d per se, but it is evidence of gigantic atomically-mutated beasts with grudges against one another, and I suppose reason enough for some level of excitement anyway.

If you're into that sort of thing, of course.
"Film is a disease. When it infects your bloodstream it takes over as the number one hormone. It bosses the enzymes, directs the pineal gland, plays Iago to your psyche. As with heroin, the antidote to Film is more Film." - Frank Capra

Cool… I always loved the original and would love to see what they could do with it now…

AiSv Nv wa do hi ya do...
(Walk in Peace)

So this is a really old post ... did they ever make this movie?

Personally, Gamera is my favorite Japanese monster. Forget about those 3 headed monsters, flying bats, dragons ... how can you beat a flying turtle? And he spins while in flight!!!! Man, he must get dizzy, or has some internal mechanism that counteracts his system from getting dizzy.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
As fas as i know (and i own the whole millenium series) this movie was not released. (not sure if it was actually made or not).

BUT Godzilla: Final Wars is definetely worth checking out.
(and so is Ultraman: Next)

Originally Posted by The Sarge
As fas as i know (and i own the whole millenium series) this movie was not released. (not sure if it was actually made or not).

BUT Godzilla: Final Wars is definetely worth checking out.
(and so is Ultraman: Next)
Godzilla: Final Wars (which is part that Millenium Series) looks to be the ultimate 'zilla flick.

Godzilla: Final Wars, for those who don't know, is the 50th anniversary film and the 28th installment in the Godzilla series of films. The movie was released theatrically in Japan on December 4, 2004. Godzilla: Final Wars has the largest budget ever used in the Godzilla franchise around Ą2,000,000,000 ($20,000,000). It was directed by Ryuhei Kitamura and produced by Shogo Tomiyama. The film will be released on DVD and Video in Japan on July 22, 2005, and in America in Early September.

Well if the movie is as good as the poster, that's one more for my wish list

I wipe my ass with your feelings
Are the Godzilla movies even worth it?
We're soldiers. Soldiers don't go to hell. It's war. Soldiers, they kill other soldiers. We're in a situation where everybody involved knows the stakes. And if you're gonna accept those stakes... You gotta do certain things. It's business, we're soldiers. We follow codes... Orders.

Where can i get a copy of this? I've been following the directors work, Versus and Azumi are both pretty darn cool.

STOMP FREAKIN' TASTIC!
Originally Posted by Pyro Tramp
Where can i get a copy of this? I've been following the directors work, Versus and Azumi are both pretty darn cool.
http://www.monsterislandtoys.com/movies.htm

Yo She Bi*ch, lets go.
I really liked the Godzilla movies growing up. Has anyone ever seen Godzilla VR Blackzilla on Chappell's Show?

- Blackzilla knocks Godzilla down.

-Blackzilla says, "I'm from the streets Bi*ch!!"

-TheButcher

off the topic a little bit
but is there any word on the new godzilla movie with brodderick?
i'm curious

I'm glad the Godzilla Vs Gamera movie never happened. I can see a Godzilla monster as being just about possible but not a turtle who has flame coming out of his leg sockets and can travel through space.

For those who haven't seen it, Godzilla:Final Wars is 140 minutes of action. Great stuff. Godzilla is resting between films at present but will appear again in 2009 in a short film and maybe 2014 before a major film again. By then, a CGI Godzilla should be likely.

Hate to burst any bubbles, but I think it highly unlikely that Toho and Daiei would EVER consider a matchup of their brightest stars.

Consider: Gamera as his best height is 50m versus the 100+m we know G to be.

No Match.

Also: have you seen How Daiei has retroed Gamera to a more child-friendly Kaiju? Looks just like some of the early 60's versions - very friendly and appealing to children.

Final Wars was a waste of time to any serious G-fan. No where NEAR the quality of DAM. As Toho rehashes the origins of G with every film since the Heisei series, one can only wonder what the next incarnation will be like...but I'll bet it'll be sooner than later. There's *always* plans to reintroduce Godzilla to the next generation. Can't wait

Dan

off the topic a little bit
but is there any word on the new godzilla movie with brodderick?
i'm curious
Even though the Godzilla film ended with intent for a sequel, I highly doubt it will ever happen since it didn't do that well in theaters to begin with. Also, if they were.....wouldn't you think it would have already came out, being that the first film released in 1998. Over a 10 year gap = high doubt a sequal will ever be made.

WTFs Gojira?